Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the clearing?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 61.54%
  • No

3 23.08%
  • What?

1 7.69%
  • Other

1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Clearing?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default Clearing at the End of the Wood

I find this an extremely, intellectually, and emotionally visually appealing idea, to meet at the clearing at the end of the wood. But I'm wondering, does anyone believe in it?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has appeared here as a result of merging.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's good. Helps to make clear where I'm at with it; I don't think that I could vote yes or no without resolution of the issues on the first page, here, as to what the phrase exactly means.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    It's quite interesting when you consider that, if death is the clearing at the end of the path, where, metaphorically, is the path itself located? Life is a forrest, dense woodland with all the darkness (yet possibly wonder too) that symbol pertains? A place of mystery where all the trees block ones vision (which seems pretty apt, after all what is around the corner?) until we reach the clearing and everything is open and clear.

Using that analogy, death certainly seems a positive place.
    I love your analogy.
    I think I can pretty much agree with that.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

My answer for the poll question: I do.
    I love this word 'clearing', it's so nice.

When Roland reaches the end of the path and the clearing.. who do you think he would like to see first? He has many people over there.. but who does he wish to embrace first?

Roland would have understood.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Thanks for the merge!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo, John J View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseDrover'sDaughter View Post
    What do I see? Basically, a clearing, at the end of a path. But mine is a little different from what I'm reading here (which is fascinating - I'm sure this says something about us psychologically). To me, the clearing is a small alcove surrounded by forest. There's a spring there, and a pleasant place to sit and rest. And here's the thing that's really different: there are no people in my clearing. I know how it's been described there maybe should be, but when I close my eyes and picture that clearing it is empty. Maybe I'm antisocial?

Wow... Thats pretty much what I see as well. Does it matter that I get the faint impression that my clearing is in the shadow of mountains?

I do read Discworld as well, great theory on Death.
    Likewise. I don't think, however, that we see it as empty means we're antisocial (although I can be very antisocial), but I think the word "clearing" subtly influences us so that we envision it as empty.

Re: Lisey's Story and possible connection:

Alternately, I imagine walking on from it to the Rainbow Bridge to see my beloved pets.

Unfortunately, however, I think death is the end for me/my consciousness. The energy in me may go back out into the universe, but I don't believe that I go with it. I'd like to believe in the clearing, though.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Worried

Maybe the rainbow bridge is on the way to the clearing. I imagine I would have to cross it first to get to the clearing.

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CLEAR is the important part. all the questions which couldn't be answered in life will be made clear in death. we walk a path which is too overcast, in death we walk out from those shadows and understand the truth. Thats what i think anyway. do i believe?... no. Would i like to?... yes.
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

One way to clear up questions is to give answers for them. Another way is to be rid of those doing the asking. In any interpretation, there is peace in the clearing. The question is, for whom?

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

My idea of the "the clearing" is something like the idea of heaven.(Paradise,Family and Friends.Most importantly peace.)

Here's an idea I've been pondering pertaining to "The clearing" in which TDT is referring to.

Spoiler:
    I have read alot of the posts talking about "the loop" which got me thinking....What if "The clearing" is when you finally "get it on your "Loop" and something much better was waiting on the other side of that door???....Maybe redemtion?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WalkingMan79: I've edited your post, everything's all right - watch that the text is inside the spoiler tags, not separately:

[spoiler ] text [/spoiler]

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for doing that for me.so i am suppose to sandwich the text in between 2 spoiler alerts right?The last thing I want to do is ruin it for anyone.I am still new to this and I say thank ya.

Country
    Country Flag

sandwich is correct

when you tag something, there's always two tags, opening and closing, like [quote ] [/quote] or [b ] [/b] (I inserted spaces before brackets to make it appear like text, not actual tags)

thank you for being careful about your spoilers!

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have alwyas liked the phrase ' the clearing at the end of the path' it seems fitting in that we are all on a journey and all that. Hwv, the clearning, to me, that the path we are on is mysterious because we cannot see beyond it but when we get the clearing - it all becomes clear and we 'see' in a sense the bigger picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2