Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Do ye Ken, my cully? Yar!

Traveler TeezBoy is on a distinguished road

as i am from germany that kind of prevents the usage of any DT-terms..
    except the occasional "aye" and "yar", may it do ya just fine xD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TeezBoy View Post
    as i am from germany that kind of prevents the usage of any DT-terms..
    Tell me about it.

Spoiler:
    (I am from Hungary.)

Roland would have understood.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"long days and pleasant nights" i have seen on the online game i play a lot and they don't even know what the dark tower is...i thought that was kinda weird.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    "long days and pleasant nights" i have seen on the online game i play a lot and they don't even know what the dark tower is...i thought that was kinda weird.
    I think one of them must know it.

Along the Path of the Beam Rambo, John J is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Yup do it all the time.

In Ireland 'aye' is common enough so that one slips under the radar. I'm fond of using 'mayhap', 'd'ye ken' and 'cry your pardon'.

I made a T-shirt with the phrase "All things serve the Beam" and get questions about it all the time.

I also called someone a 'pert wee cully' the other day and they looked at me in bewilderment.

I agree, it is great though when someone who you'd least expect gets the reference and is able to respond in kind!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo, John J View Post
    I made a T-shirt with the phrase "All things serve the Beam" and get questions about it all the time.
    Man, you rock.

What kind of answer did you give?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I think that , subconsciously everyone knows that all things serve the beam.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

@ Letti, I usually tell them that its kinda like an all mystical energy field that binds everything together. Like the Force - but better.

Then I go home and wonder why I don't have more friends...

Country
    Country Flag

@ Letti, I usually tell them that its kinda like an all mystical energy field that binds everything together. Like the Force - but better.

Hey. More? I think one good friend is worth more than thousand pals.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And sometimes if you think too much about not having any friends you miss out on the fact that you likely have more than you think.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

come to the Palaver Castle some day, hopefully starting next week there'll be plenty of bears and wolves and princesses and queens and other animals and people, all very ready to befriend a JJ Rambo.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, thanks guys! My tongue was firmly in cheek at that last comment, I do have a few great friends but i'll defintely sign up to palavar castle. How do I get involved?

Apologies if the answer to this question is easily discovered but i've been training and working a lot and haven't had as much time to browse the site as i'd like!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, thanks guys! My tongue was firmly in cheek at that last comment, I do have a few great friends but i'll defintely sign up to palavar castle. How do I get involved?
    Easy! You can follow the link in my signature and read up a little first to get the hang of things (for example, joining the Library is highly recommended), or you can just come to the Castle, and post!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Arrrr, great advice do ye not ken it?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The other day I was talking to my boss about a particular pain in the arse client who is causing me a lot of grief. I was just about to say ''he is trig that one'' Before realising it would mean nothing to her and she would probably wonder what I was talking about !

I like the word trig and is very apt!

Anyway the client is a trig cove and wery pert too! Just had to say it!

Traveler Zooligan is on a distinguished road

A great many of those words are used in contemprary or near-past Scotland.

http://www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~kjt/general/scots.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=4jU...page&q&f=false

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

I told a co-worker the other day, "I would hear more about this project you are working on".

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I answer "Same Shit Different Day" almost all the time for how am I doing? (From Dreamcatcher) It's my fargin motto.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Country
    Country Flag

I've recently started my comments on some sites with "Hear me, I beg" - and, luckily, every time it struck me as outrageously incongruous (remembering that people I addressed could hardly understand any words, let alone have read any King) before I posted

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I've recently started my comments on some sites with "Hear me, I beg" - and, luckily, every time it struck me as outrageously incongruous (remembering that people I addressed could hardly understand any words, let alone have read any King) before I posted
    What a pity. I would have been interested in their reaction totally.

Country
    Country Flag

well, I will have plenty opportunity to check; I will do it next time I post somewhere

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I find myself asking "Do you say so?" whenever I get incredulous comments
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Traveler Rolandofmosheim is on a distinguished road

Had this happen the other day, I quoted a customer a price to fix her vehicle and when she asked me if i was certain it would i just popped out with "I set my watch and warrant on it" there was a slight pause and then I get a "Thankee-sai" I made a customer for life

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I set me watch and warrant on a lot of things since reading DT. More, though, I end up saying "Well, that's alright then" and - surprisingly - "we are well met". I use billybumbler very often in a number of different contexts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast