Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do ye Ken, my cully? Yar!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Default Do ye Ken, my cully? Yar!

Anyone get really into the Dark Tower series and notice yourselves using phrases and words from the series in conversation?
    Nothing like trying to explain a huge landscaping project and you realize you've said "do you kennit (ken)?" about a half a dozen times. Our everytime you make a promise, you follow it up with, "I set my watch and warrant on it."
    Anyone else?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever someone asks me "what do you think?", I usually take a pause and respond with "May I be brutally frank?..."

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I say "thankee" and "thankee-sai" a lot
    and
    "long days and pleasant nights"
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I routinely say "[...], say sorry". I am afraid my students are beginning to use it, too...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I cant believe this but yes, I have said "I'd set my watch & warrant on it"

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also say "Hear me, I beg," but only here or at TDT.net. (At least I think so)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes, but usually just intentionally when I'm goofing around. I use the lingo online often though.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I have ocassionaly caught myself using ken and kennit. Erin and I used to throw a few back and forth when I was first reading the books.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I do a little "cry your pardon" to people every now and then.

Its actually really easy because I have always tried to use "pardon me" when I didn't catch something

Instead of "what?" or "huh?"

I know its two different things but there you go.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

I like to say thankee and thankee sai all of the time (most peeps don't seem to notice)

I also say Do ya kennit? and such quite a bit heheheh

XIX
    Last edited by Chassit; 06-20-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Typo
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever used cully in an actual conversation?

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i've caught myself saying sai or kennit or cry pardon a few times. i've had to try explaining ka to a guy at work because he said i'd mentioned it so often. i didn't know i'd ever said a word about ka to anyone.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I've only used cully twice. And, I used it on purpose almost quoteing it from the book, with a "yar" included. Since I finished re-reading (well 200 pages left in the Dark Tower) and I've started to listen to the series (book on tape, er..MP3), it slips more and more.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

A couple of years ago I may have used "say sorry" or "mahfah" in conversation. But nothing recent.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

I said Thank-sai to a check out girl ..... ( it just came out ) I must have looked surprised because she gave a weird look....
    KIT

My Mood
    Amused

Today at work I asked a co-worker to palaver.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, I tend to not use made up words when conversing with other adults as being perceived as a retard isn't one of my priorities.

(anymore)

8)
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

All words are made up words.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    being perceived as a retard isn't one of my priorities.
    ...too late?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Owwww.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a scumbag, aren't I?

It's alright though, Josh is a homie, he won't take it up the ass...although he's quite used to that (rimshot). There I go again.

I'm just kidding -I heart you Zone!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Amused

Zone may not kennit that.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    ...too late?
    Im just trying to spare others from my ordeal
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    ...too late?
    Im just trying to spare others from my ordeal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast