Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audio Books

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

No he does not, the project I am working on is the first four books.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funky_dread, Today, 12:55 PM

Right and I'm telling you he doesn't read Wizard and Glass which is the fourth book. Stephen King only read the first audio editions of books 1-3. Muller so far is the only one to read Wizard and Glass. Muller read the second audio editions of 1-3. Guidall has read the third audio edition of The Gunslinger and the last three books in the series.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_dread, Today, 12:55 PM

Right and I'm telling you he doesn't read Wizard and Glass which is the fourth book.
    Didn't I just say that above...

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway I would love to get the first three books. I've never heard them read by King. Let us know if that's ever possible Funky, thanks!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by funky_dread, Today, 12:55 PM
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Anyway, that's a cool little project you got going.

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Anyway I would love to get the first three books. I've never heard them read by King. Let us know if that's ever possible Funky, thanks!
    They're also available on eBay, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by funky_dread, Today, 12:55 PM
    I was clarifying what you had already said, that he didn't read the fourth book.
    Yes, it's a cool project but at time can be very frustrating considering how bad of shape a couple of the tapes have been in. But those are all fixed and hopefully the rest of the tapes won't give me any trouble.

I'm hoping that King will read the whole series one day...I know don't hold my breath. I really think he did the best job reading of them all and I loved the music and sound-effects that he had with his readings.

The first one doesn't have any sound effects, unless of course you count the trucks driving by occasionally and the pin-fed printers that you hear in the background. The first time I heard the trucks I couldn't figure out what the sound was and then it dawned on me that it was a truck. I really got a chuckle when I heard the printer

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay so now you all have me confused. Is my thinking correct?

King read 1-3. Muller read 1-4. Some idiot that no one likes read 5-7?

I am thinking about putting them all on my iPod, but I don't want to deal with crappy readers. Remember I'm an English major and picky.

Help me out here, people!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

I am thinking about putting them all on my iPod, but I don't want to deal with crappy readers. Remember I'm an English major and picky.

King read the first editions of 1-3, Muller read the second editions of 1-3 and Wizard and Glass. Guidall read 5-7.
    By the way, I like Guidall in some ways more than Muller and I like Muller in some ways more than Guidall. So it's not true that "no one likes" him.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well thanks, that clears it up a bit.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King read the first editions of 1-3, Muller read the second editions of 1-3 and Wizard and Glass. Guidall read 5-7.
    By the way, I like Guidall in some ways more than Muller and I like Muller in some ways more than Guidall. So it's not true that "no one likes" him.
    I have them on my iPod and it's great! I am nearly done with my first audio "read" of the series and I have enjoyed both readers. I am just picky on some of the differences in the voices each reader does. Go ahead and put them on your iPod Daghain, you won't be disappointed. Personally, I think Muller may be a tad better than Guidall though.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I have them on my iPod and it's great! I am nearly done with my first audio "read" of the series and I have enjoyed both readers. I am just picky on some of the differences in the voices each reader does. Go ahead and put them on your iPod Daghain, you won't be disappointed. Personally, I think Muller may be a tad better than Guidall though.
    Have you heard the King-read editions yet?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really loved the Muller readings, not as much as King, but almost

Guidall didn't bother me much but he was like a blueberry compared to a pecan pie. good but not great.

I would love to do that for a living though
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, now I have an excuse to use that iTunes giftcard.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Have you heard the King-read editions yet?
    No, I am waiting for a fine individual to offer them to me in mp3 format. I spent a bit of money on ebay to obtain the audios that I currently have and I am not prepared at the moment to dish out more....especially since I've only come across King's readings on cassette. I don't even own a tape player any more.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, now I have an excuse to use that iTunes giftcard.....
    Last I checked, you can purchase all but The Gunslinger via iTunes.
    I would suggest eBay Daghain, it will be much cheaper for you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw that too. Did anyone read the original Gunslinger? Or just the revised?

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

king and muller both read the original.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I saw that too. Did anyone read the original Gunslinger? Or just the revised?
    I've read the original and listened to a quarter of the revised.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL I meant as an audio book. But hey, that's good too.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast