Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audio Books

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any idea why only 14 of the 20 stories are recorded on this set. I doubt that we'll ever see a complete audio set if we haven't up until now. I'd never say never, though.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems as though the only actually unrecorded story is "Trucks". There was a cassette of "I am the Doorway" and "One for the Road", as well as a BBC Radio production of "Children of the Corn" (that one I don't think was released on CD or anything). It's strange that the set is being billed as "unabridged" but what else do you call leaving off four stories, not to mention the introduction.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think by "unabridged" they meant none of the stories included had been abridged, not the entire book.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Weren't all of the stories on the old cassette releases. Mine are in storage so I can't check now, but I thought all the stories were there.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Pablo is correct. The only stories not on the original cassettes were, "Trucks", "Children of the Corn", "I am the Doorway" and "One for the Road"

The only one not released seperately is "Trucks".

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question is, why?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any versions not read by george guidall? The SK one might be better, but I couldn't listen to the guidall version, it made me yell at my cats
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Then, I call you Goblin Queen.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Versions of King books? There are a whole bunch of the old ones not read by George.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Jareth's Goblin Queen soylentjillian is on a distinguished road soylentjillian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Versions of King books? There are a whole bunch of the old ones not read by George.
    I meant DT, sorry that I forgot to specify. I'm a spaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Then, I call you Goblin Queen.

Country
    Country Flag

Did we ever finalize a definitive list of recordings where King is reading his own work? It'd have to include even stuff like Carrie, where he reading the introduction.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by soylentjillian View Post
    You can find cassette versions with Frank Muller reading the first four. He was one hell of a talent and nailed the characters perfectly. Especially Eddie.

Country
    Country Flag

So basically there are three versions of DT1 (read by King, Muller, and Guidal), and two each of DT2 and DT3, and one of the rest, correct?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soylentjillian View Post
    You can find cassette versions with Frank Muller reading the first four. He was one hell of a talent and nailed the characters perfectly. Especially Eddie.
    Agreed, I love Frank Muller's recordings.
    Matt have you listened to Different Seasons recorded by him? If not you must. I've only listened to Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption so far, but he was just perfect for that story.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not realize he had recorded that. I will pick it up for sure!

Pablo: I'm not sure Guidal read II, III or VI. The only reason you can get him on The Gunslinger is because it was revised.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I did not realize he had recorded that. I will pick it up for sure!
    You'll love it, I'm positive. I had read the story before listening to it, and I remember enjoying it. But after listening to Frank read it, I fell even more in love with the story.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

gah, why is everyone hating Guidall? I think he did way better on his DT readings that Muller did
    specially for the revised Gunslinger.

you're a bunch of weirdos
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Country
    Country Flag

Hm apparently there is a recording of "Trucks"!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/3404770870

Anyone have any more details on this disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    gah, why is everyone hating Guidall? I think he did way better on his DT readings that Muller did
    specially for the revised Gunslinger.

you're a bunch of weirdos
    so sorry Chap, but you know I love Muller and his Captain America voice

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

You are forgiven, Heather

and for the record: I have no idea what Captain America sounds like. I just think Muller often sounds like someone who could be called Captain America (no connection to the character)
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Default The Dark Tower audiobooks

My apologies if there's already a thread like this--I would have thought it'd be here but couldn't find it.

Anyway, the thread is to talk about the audiobooks--the reason I start it is because I've actually found all seven in one place at the same time.

All seven.

Same place.

Same time.

Granted it was a library, but still--helps to know someone working there.

Anyway, of course I checked them out (wasn't going to pass up such an opportunity, even though they didn't have Insomnia as well), and I haven't listened to them yet but intend to do so starting tomorrow.

So I guess, let me know what you think, what to listen for, etc.? I suppose this may have to be a spoiler thread--I've read the series so I won't be spoiled myself by anything anyone says, but mayhap a particularly likeable part of the audio version has to do with something that's a spoiler?

Again, sorry if there's already a thread like this and please direct me to it if there is.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you were right, young J&Y...audiobooks are discussed in Cara Laughs where I shall move your post

I don't know if specific threads exist for DT audiobooks, but you may be merged if there are.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

bumping this
    i am a HUGE fan of the audio books
    especially the ones he read himself.
    i think my alltime fave HAS to be the version
    of the Wastelands that he read that has music
    and bear sounds and the drums.
    it's amazing.
    sadly it is trapped on cassette for me right now.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Well, you were right, young J&Y...audiobooks are discussed in Cara Laughs where I shall move your post

I don't know if specific threads exist for DT audiobooks, but you may be merged if there are.
    Heh, thanks.... I actually thought I saw something like that, but as I said I didn't find it in this particular forum when I looked....

Just overenthusiastic about having found all seven in one place at the same time and wanted to mention it SOMEWHERE....

My Mood
    Angelic

Now that I actually know this thread exists....

I found all seven Dark Tower volumes on audiobook at a library, and so of course have checked them out--plan to start listening to them today. Lucky I came to the library just as it was opening--and that I know someone who works there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast