Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audio Books

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Ok, today I downloaded a different gunslinger file, and now it works! one of these days I'll get the trick of tricky files....

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

glad you found one that works. those books are fucking amazing on audio.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Ya, I downed george in the past, but I really like him now. And I think I'm going to finally listen to the revised gunslinger.

But it was really weird, I had downloaded 3 different gunslinger files and they were all making my player go wacko like jacko

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo posted this in the thread about the book itself, but I'm quoting it here given that it's about the audiobook version of JUST AFTER SUNSET:

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    By the way, not sure if this was mentioned, but here are the details for the audio version of the book:

This short story collection is read by:

Stephen King (reading "Harvey's Dream")

Jill Eikenberry (reading "Graduation Afternoon" and "The New York Times at Special Discount Rates")

Holter Graham (reading "Willa," "The Cat from Hell" and excerpts of "N.")

George Guidall (reading "Ayana")

Ron McLarty (reading "A Very Tight Place" and "Stationary Bike," previously recorded)

Denis O'Hare (reading "Rest Stop" and the title character for "N.")

Ben Shenkman (reading "The Things They Left Behind" and the character Johnny for "N.")

Skipp Sudduth (reading "Mute")

Mare Winningham (reading "The Gingerbread Girl," previously recorded)

Karen Ziemba (reading the character Sheila for "N.")

Plus, another short description for the collection is up at bn.com:

In his first collection in six years, Stephen King delivers his strongest, most broadly appealing stories ever. “Gingerbread Girl,” published in Esquire in July 2007 (unprecedented in number of magazine pages devoted to it), is set, like Duma Key, in Florida. It is a riveting, fabulously dramatic stalker tale featuring a young woman as vulnerable—and resourceful—as Audrey Hepburn’s character in “Wait Until Dark.” “Willa” published in Playboy, blurs the lines between living and the dead. “Ayana,” one of the most beautifully written and haunting stories, was published in The Paris Review. From the subtle and disturbing to the outright terrifying, these tales will thrill every known King fan and win new ones.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I just have to say I am really mourning the passing of Frank Mueller. I'm listening to the DT series on my commute right now, and Frank is AWESOME at doing all the voices. It's a shame he didn't get to do the whole series. Guidall is okay, but he can't touch Frank. No way.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I didn't think Frank was great in every aspect. He had this tendency to over emphasize some things which annoyed me. Also he could be hissy sounding. George on the other hand does the second best Roland under King himself. While doing the worst women voices. Frank really could do women's voices.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank's Detta Walker almost made me wreck the car, I was laughing so hard. It's exactly how I thought she would sound.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Losing Frank Mueller's talent when he was in that motorcycle accident was a huge loss to the audiobook industry and its listeners.

Of course, that's nothing compared to what his family and friends lost, but you know what I mean. He was a great performer of King's books.
    Last edited by Patrick; 10-13-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: because I'm an idiot
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, and stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking. It's Frank Mueller and George Guidall.

I'm sure Frank is laughing his ass of at you in the afterlife.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I fixed it. This is what happens when I get less than four hours of sleep and yet I'm up late the next night.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll buy that as an excuse only because I'm running on about a 4 hour average myself.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I just have to say I am really mourning the passing of Frank Mueller. I'm listening to the DT series on my commute right now, and Frank is AWESOME at doing all the voices. It's a shame he didn't get to do the whole series. Guidall is okay, but he can't touch Frank. No way.
    I almost agree with this completely. Frank does every single voice MUCH, MUCH better than George does them. Except Roland. I have to agree with CK on this one...by Book 7, George's Roland is fuckin aces.
    All of his other characters suck ass though compared to Frank.

Eddie Dean, case in point.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll agree I do like Guidall's Roland better than Mueller's, and Guidall "forgets" he's doing Eddie's accent sometimes - that's ANNOYING. Other than that, I absolutely love Mueller's reading!

listening to carrie right now. i like it better than i thought i would. and goddamn do i feel sorry for poor carrie white.

Country
    Country Flag

I started Salem's Lot a couple days ago. Good so far! I have only read that book once and it was years ago.

monte, that's ron mclarty reading it, right? awesome scary! enjoy it.

Country
    Country Flag

It is. He grew on me after the first hour.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I almost agree with this completely. Frank does every single voice MUCH, MUCH better than George does them. Except Roland. I have to agree with CK on this one...by Book 7, George's Roland is fuckin aces.
    All of his other characters suck ass though compared to Frank.

Eddie Dean, case in point.
    Oh god, and I thought I was the only one really!! I'm about to listen to the Dark Tower (b7)! Until now I was irritated that I got to listen to 2 of the books with Frank (I think it's Drawing of the Three and Wastelands) and the rest by George. It's fine, but after hearing 2 of the books read really good, George has just been urking me lately. But cool, book 7 here I go.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

7 was the one where I realized George kept forgetting Eddie was supposed to have an accent.

His Roland IS awesome, though.

well, this should make the bear happy. me, not so much. audible.com does a best of the best thing every year. members nominate and then they whittle it down to the finals. so now it's time to vote for the best customer selected audiobook of 2008. take a look at the poll.

yes, that's right ladies and gentleman, duma key made the cut. don't ask me why. i think the link will work even if you're not a member of audible.com so try it out. and vote if you've listened to it. or hell, even if you haven't. i think uncle steve deserves it.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key is in the lead but just barely. Get out there and VOTE people.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just voted...even though I haven't heard the audio yet.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I just voted...even though I haven't heard the audio yet.
    that's why we you brice. circumventing the system is your speciality!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did listen to it and it was GREAT!

Voted...looks like we are in the lead now.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know why Night Shift is missing stories? Will there be a complete edition or a re-recording?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast