+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audio Books

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to admit it, but I think I like Guidall better than Muller.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I love Guidall and Muller for different things, but Muller a little more over all. For me Guidall is better with Roland's voice, but had trouble with women's voices at first but got better. While Muller does a better Eddie and Susannah, and Jake. But I feel he over-dramatizes things at times and can sound a bit hissy. I REALLY, REALLY wish King would read the whole series, including LSOE.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Google, dude. Google:

List of Muller Audiobooks
    Google is the devil. I will not use it.
    If I want my searches tracked....and filed....I'll use it.
    What kind of things do you search for Daggers?

*edit*
    Thanks for the link though.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I looked you up on the Internet.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Guidall makes everyone sound like an old person. Works for Roland and others, but not for say...Jake.

I'm actually considering listening to anything Frank Muller read even if it isn't King. Found another book read by him one time and it was great. He probably only did the good ones.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm listening to Wolves of Calla now, and I'm really missing Frank Muller. How come they didn't have him complete the series? I thought he did a wonderful job, and I absolutely love his voice for Roland.
    I'm having a hard time with Guidall. All of his voices sound very similar, and I agree Matt everyone sounds old.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Muller was in a very serious motorcycle accident a number of years ago and has been unable to work at all. The loss of a truely great artist!

John

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's so sad. So that's part of the inspiration for the Haven Foundation. I never knew.

He really was a great artist.

Demon of the Prim Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was looking to see if you had a thread on the audio books!! We heard what sounded like traffic when we listened to the first DT audios, too. Haven't read the whole thread, but, SK also read Rose Madder with Blair Brown.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

There is traffic and there is also a pin-fed printer printing in the background too.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

my two all time fav's read by sk are lt's theory of pets and bag of bones. the man can read!!!!!!!

the discussion on his reading of books i-iii of tdt was interesting. i've never heard them and i'm now going to have to scour ebay searching for a copy. i have almost all of his books that have been done as audio (except a few where i wasn't sure i'd like the readers). i've never seen rose madder (one of my favorite non dt books) so i'm going to scour ebay for that as well. say thankya for the info. i have blood and smoke in two versions - i bought them on casette b/c i thought the whole "pack of cigs" packaging was cool.

also, i have a groovy little machine (okay, not so little) that copies casettes to cd. if you've got the postage to get the casettes to me, i've got the time. just pm me.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

As posted on SKBB:

We have received word that Frank Muller passed away yesterday. He will be missed by many.

RIP, Frank, and condolences to his family.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev, I made a thread for it in the news forum.

This is a real drag.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King-read audiobooks

Is there a list someplace that has all the audiobooks that are read by Stephen King? I really like the man's voice, but can't stand actually listening to audiobooks. I think getting some that are read by himself will be good.

P.S.: Well, that's not true. I did enjoy Blood and Smoke but I guess that was because they were brand-new stories (it was said they'd never be printed).

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is there a list someplace that has all the audiobooks that are read by Stephen King? I really like the man's voice, but can't stand actually listening to audiobooks. I think getting some that are read by himself will be good.

P.S.: Well, that's not true. I did enjoy Blood and Smoke but I guess that was because they were brand-new stories (it was said they'd never be printed).
    I sent you a PM and merged your thread here.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have started to compile a list here, starting with post #211.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was that project of converting the King-read DT1-3 cassettes to MP3 ever finalized? I would love to get those if possible.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Was that project of converting the King-read DT1-3 cassettes to MP3 ever finalized? I would love to get those if possible.
    PM funky dredd with your request.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Speaking of audio books:

Actor-turned-author Ron McLarty reads from his new novel, "Art in America," today at Barnes & Noble in Tribeca. McLarty is the author of "Memory of Running," an audiobook which launched his career when acclaimed author Stephen King reviewed it as "the best book you can't read." In this book, McLarty writes about a down-and-out writer who eventually finds love. 7 p.m.; free admission. 97 Warren St. (212) 587-5389.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That book is out in print now. It's really good.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a list we compiled over in Calvin's Corner:

Bag of Bones Stephen King Cassette/CD/MP3

Blood & Smoke Stephen King Cassette/CD/MP3

Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The Anne Heche & Stephen King Cassette/CD

Green Mile, The Frank Muller & Stephen King Cassette/CD/MP3

Hearts in Atlantis William Hurt & Stephen King Cassette/CD

LT's Theory of Pets Stephen King Cassette/CD/MP3

On Writing: A Memoir Of the Craft Stephen King Cassette/CD

Wavedancer Benefit, The Stephen King, Peter Straub, Pat Conroy, John Grisham Cassette/CD/MP3

Needful Things Stephen King Cassette

Nightmares & Dreamscapes (Vol. 1) Tim Curry Cassette
    Stephen King, Kathy Bates, Tim Curry, Matthew Broderick,

Nightmares & Dreamscapes: Suffer the Little Children / Crouch End / Rainy Season / Dolan's Cadillac
    Stephen King, Whoopi Goldberg, Tim Curry, Yeardly Smith, Rob Lowe
    Cassette

DTI-The Gunslinger Stephen King Cassette

DTII-The Drawing of the Three Stephen King Cassette

DTIII-The Waste Lands Stephen King Cassette

okay, it's probably just me but i'm having a hard time reading that listing. is rose madder on it? it's on cassette and it's read by stephen king and blair brown (i have it)

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i don't have any audiobooks.... i really want some though... our Barnes and Noble has a pitiful collection.. the library is stocked i think..

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

ooooooooooh. i'll share mine with you if you'd like. some are on cd and some are on cassette but if you send me blank cds i'll dub the cassettes for you. would you like me to mail you something? i'll give you a list of what i have.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes!!!

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast