Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audio Books

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Audio Books

I’m looking for Audio Books read by Stephen King. I need to boost my audio book collection. I have:

LT’s Theory of Pets
    Blood and Smoke
    Bag of Bones

Also, I’m looking for any Audio Books that are dramatized, with different actors for the voices. I have:

The Mist

Now I know there were some limited editions of the Gunslinger or something, but I’m not sure. Anyone who knows of any more audio books read by King or dramatized would be helpful.

EDIT: I edited this thread to remove the question not relating to audio books

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The original Gunslinger, TDotT, and The Wastelands audio were read by SK not just the limited Gunslinger. These are all I know of except for a promo CD of the first chapter of From A Buick 8 and I have only ever seen one of those.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of a general Q&A thread on collecting, but I'm wondering if SK audiobooks ought to have their own thread (probably in the Cara Laughs forum). Any thoughts?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

the middle section of hearts in atlantis was read by stephen king. in the skeleton crew audiobook (the one with just four stories) he reads the raft. in nightmares & dreamscapes stephen king reads head down, home delivery, and it grows on you (and sorry right number is a dramatization). he also reads needful things and on writing.

the only other dramatizations i've come across are bbc radio dramas. they did secret window secret garden, pet sematary, and salem's lot.

patrick - i can understand this being here, once you get hooked on audiobooks it turns into an obsessive collection. but this forum is mostly about collectible books so cara laughs is probably a better place for an audiobook discussion. i think i'll wait on a couple other opinions instead of just yanking it over there right now since i feel like it sort of belongs in either forum.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I am actually doing a project where I am converting The Gunslinger, DotT and Waste Lands to a digital format for a friend of mine. I never heard SK do the reading and at first I didn't care for them at all, but after listening to them as I record them I actually like the way he reads them. Also something that is funny is that he must have read them in a house or office building, because on a few occassions I can hear a truck drive by and also an old pin fed printer in the background.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Certainly a King audio books thread would go in Cara Laughs. I do like the idea of a Collectibles Q&A thread. Perhaps this thread can stay as is, with the Audiobook portion copied over to a new thread in Cara Laughs.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Certainly a King audio books thread would go in Cara Laughs. I do like the idea of a Collectibles Q&A thread. Perhaps this thread can stay as is, with the Audiobook portion copied over to a new thread in Cara Laughs.
    That's fine with me. Honestly I didn't know where to put it. But since I knew the Gunslinger audio Book was A Limited Edition, and I wanted to ask about Six Stories (people don't forget this question, lol) which is a Limited Edition, i posted it here.

And thanks everyone for replying. Ruki some of that info was invaluable.

Country
    Country Flag

i couldn't tell ya anything about six stories, i don't have that one yet. glad i could help with the audiobook question though.

i like rf's idea, but i can't do it. i can copy stuff from cara laughs to somewhere else but can't copy from here to there, a manager or facilitator in this forum would have to do that.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

King also reads THE REVENGE OF LARDASS HOGAN for the Wavedancer Benefit CD.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    King also reads THE REVENGE OF LARDASS HOGAN for the Wavedancer Benefit CD.
    sweet, thanks Brice!

I now commute about an hour a day, and I've started listening to audio books. But I really have no interest unless they are read by King. All the stuff posted is of interest!

Although I must say audio cassettes stink. I wish they would re-release the older audio cassettes on CD.

Country
    Country Flag

they're always better when read by the author but once you run out of those you might wanna look into stuff read by frank muller, he's good. but george guidall can suck my ass. fuck his stupid pronounciation and snooty voice

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    george guidall can suck my ass. fuck his stupid pronounciation and snooty voice

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guidall shouting EEEEE!!!=best moment of my life.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Listen to Sissy Spacek read CARRIE. Awesome.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I have the entire Dark Tower (w/ the revised Gunslinger) on MP3. But, I got it off a torrent website. I cry your pardon.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    Guidall shouting EEEEE!!!=best moment of my life.
    I thought this might be a funny moment. I don't want to skip ahead to hear it though. I just start Song of Susannah today.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I just start Song of Susannah today.
    *Makes mental note of that for future trivia purposes.*

Country
    Country Flag

omg 19! i started that one today too.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I just start Song of Susannah today.
    *Makes mental note of that for future trivia purposes.*
    Do what you have to do Ageless! You'll have to answer one of mine first though. I'll be at work for most the day but I'm pretty sure I gave the correct answer to CK's. I'll be able to post another this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    omg 19! i started that one today too.
    Weird. 19!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

It'a all 19

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw over at Simon Says, that Duma Key will be read by King. Who Hoo!

Country
    Country Flag

cool i'll make sure to order that

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Although I must say audio cassettes stink. I wish they would re-release the older audio cassettes on CD.
    Simon & Schuster to release The Mist in 3d audio on CD:

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I just saw over at Simon Says, that Duma Key will be read by King. Who Hoo!
    That right there is GREAT news!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

yay! that is great news
    the only other person i enjoyed hearing
    read his work was William Hurt
    mostly because he's one of my all time fave actors.
    i wish king had the time and inclination to read everthing.
    especially the last dt books dammit!
    grrr
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast