Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How often do they come to your mind?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
    no. what an odd question. you're sorta spooky
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I think I see Oy once and awhile. Other than that, on a hot day like today as I was working my butt off, I felt more like I could see Roland walking in the desert.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    ... what's even more constantly on my mind are the friends I have made because of SK's fabulous musings. Thank you Sk and thank you friends.
    That post says it best.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    ... what's even more constantly on my mind are the friends I have made because of SK's fabulous musings. Thank you Sk and thank you friends.
    That post says it best.

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy hisDudeness is on a distinguished road hisDudeness's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I find myself looking for 19 where I know the won't be. but I do find 11 alot

John F. Kennedy mallory is on a distinguished road mallory's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Does it Haunt you?

Okay..i know it just sounds crazy, however I pride myself being a some what rational person.The whole DT series, how many books and stories it touches is a bit overwhelming to me.I mean i could spend the rest of my life reading these books and figuring out the connections and probably still wont fully grasp at what Mr. King had intended on.
    I find the DT to be haunting..It follows me where I go. I am constantly reminded of the people and the places. Lud is nightmarish place for me.It comes to me in my worst nightmares ( ewww Gasher)..I hear Velcro Fly once in awhile in my head and those god awful drums ...Then I wonder, who else has these Books touched in this profound way.
    I know I am a tower junkie but it has a way of sticking to me...
    what about you?
    WHAT HAS A BED BUT NEVER SLEEPS ...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hello and welcome Mallory. Stick around some cuz, your about to meet a whole lot of folks that are haunted by these books. My answer to your question is a resounding YES! I think about situations, people in the books daily, we here discuss all daily , and I look forward to hearing all your thoughts on various subjects but most of all in regards to The Dark Tower!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site mallory!! It's great to have another Tower Junkie around!

I think the thread below is pretty similar to what you are talking about. It's up to the mods, of course.
    Hope to see you around the boards!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=489

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys ~ loving it here

Traveler gothiclord2000 is on a distinguished road gothiclord2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Okay..i know it just sounds crazy....
    Nix that, Just saw the link.
    Last edited by gothiclord2000; 05-28-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Just saw the link listed above!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the story itself has been somewhere on my mind of over 20 years. That predates the children.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler gothiclord2000 is on a distinguished road gothiclord2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldnt say that I think of them daily, Just because life is so busy as of late. But when things are normal, nearly every day. There are many times that I have thought: "What would Roland do?" Quickly followed by the realization: "He would press on, Continue to the end." At times I find myself daydreaming about Blane the mono, and the old kiddie train in Topeka. (I believe) Or the falls where blane recharges. I find myself thinking about all of the NCP products that are sitting dormant covered in the decay of time, waiting for someone to push the button and get the inner workings moving again. I think, what would it have been like for Roland to meet the other protectors of the beam. Anything can set these thoughts in motion. Be it a light change at an intersection, or seeing an abandoned piece of machinery covered in vines along a line of trees. The Dark Tower as wound itself into the deepest recesses of my mind. I find it rather familiar and comforting, yet full of questions.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

at the current rate of disapation, it may never end!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i heard velcro fly recently and couldn't stop laughing. they ph34r3d THAT song's drums?
    when i hear the name zz top. i think VF, and then Dt. i drink a coke, and think "nozzala is probably better."
    i can't drink hot chocolate without thinking of the last DT novel"
    "mitt schlag"

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

19 is everywhere for me lately.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i've started counting letters in names.
    i have 20 in mine

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

My name = 17
    My name + what I go by (SJ) = 19
    Might be a stretch... but I like it.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All three of my names (first, middle, family)=19.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

now if i were to keep all but my first name, and replace it with Razz...

Traveler daveg344 is on a distinguished road

Actually, just today I was talking generally with a mate of mine. About names or something and it turns out her name is meant to mean 'A plain of roses'. I immediately thought of the Dark Tower.
    Mentioned it to her, then realised she's 19.

I started to explain what I was talking about, since she started questioning my sanity when I was mumbling about all this lol and some other coincidences (or Ka?) turned up, though I can't remember much of it now lol

Country
    Country Flag

hhaa..19 is a sweet number...it is Ka..
    hahha..
    i think the DT can eventually make one insane..i know i am ..

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't say that it haunts me because it's so much the part of my life that it's absolutely natural that things from DT come to my mind during my days. I hardly notice them.

Roland would have understood.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i'll see something that is so completely fucked up and think "damn that's 19" (as in - everything is going 19). or i'll pass a really interesting looking door and for a split second i'll find myself wondering "if i open that, where will it go?" conversely, i can't stand slightly open doors. because i don't know what's behind them. go figure.

i went out last night to put some bottles in the recycle bin and there were those round golden eyes staring at me from around the corner of the house. my immediate thought was "OY!!!!". of course, it was probably just a trick of the light, and a raccoon or something. . .but still.

sometimes i dream about
    Spoiler:
    susan, charyou tree, and the reap night bonfire
    and i wake up crying. i know that some of that is my personal stuff getting mixed in but still.

i dreamed about roland last night (probably because i just finished the gunslinger again). i dreamed we were standing in a huge farm yard that had an enclosed sheep pen in it. and all the sheep were just standing around, bleating and caked in mud and shit. they didn't know how to eat or drink and they were dying. roland was just standing in the pen's dooryard, looking at me and then at the sheep. and all the sheep were standing around looking at him. and i told him "they're waiting for you. they don't know what to do." and he just kept looking at me. then some men came up and wanted to take the sheep. i knew they wanted to kill the sheep but i knew that it didn't matter to roland; i knew he was going to give them the sheep. he looked at me and i shook my head no, pleading silently. and i was amazed because he didn't. he walked into the pen instead and all the sheep gathered around him. and there he was, roland of gilead, surrounded by a bunch of stupid, muddy, shit-caked, bleating sheep.
    for some reason, i woke up crying for that dream too.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dear friends, now this thread makes me think of about three others. If it doesn't get a face of its own soon, it is going to be split and merged.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

maybe you're right jean. i don't know what other threads you're thinking of but this thread http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=489 now that i've reread it after your post does seem awfully similar. what other ones were you thinking about? i'd like to see them if you have the links/titles handy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast