Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TORCHWOOD. **SPOILERS**

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I sort like him & sort of don't. I guess I could understand why he might be so annoying in series 1, with Gwen being so secretive (And having an affair), and he does seem slightly less so annoying now that he is in on the big secret...
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to a wedding the other week where they had a compere, who introduced the guests into the room - the speeches etc.
    He was really funny and I said to him, "You should be on tv!" and he was like "I am!! I'm on Torchwood with Eve in the new season!"

Look out for a little Scottish guy with reddish hair

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They've been showing Torchwood: Children of Earth over here in the UK this week. Basically it's 5 part story one part per weekday. I saw episode 3 today, and so far they've all been great! If you've been turned off by previous episodes I think you might get a nice surprise from these. They really benefit with more space to maneouver I think. I hope the last two are this good.

EDIT- Yesterday's episode certainly was! Hoping the end ties everything satisfyingly.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm now starting with Torchwood - watched s01e01 yesterday. Now I go on and watch the rest. I'll be back here!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

just finished series 1 and 2.
    much preferd series 2, i am hoping that they will repeat the children of the earth mini series at some time, they normally do, so fingers crossed

my problem was i watched both series later than they were shown on tv, so when i watched the dr who episode journeys end when gwen says
    Spoiler:
    they will go out fighting like own and tosh, i was all
    Put in a spoiler in case liisa comes back

anyhoo, i also was a little unsure of the episode with the brother, they built it up beautifully and then it all seemed a little rushed which was a shame. i also loved james marsters, although he did play it very spike like which i suppose it what they were afte **shrugs**

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    just finished series 1 and 2.
    much preferd series 2, i am hoping that they will repeat the children of the earth mini series at some time, they normally do, so fingers crossed

my problem was i watched both series later than they were shown on tv, so when i watched the dr who episode journeys end when gwen says
    Spoiler:
    they will go out fighting like own and tosh, i was all
    Put in a spoiler in case liisa comes back

anyhoo, i also was a little unsure of the episode with the brother, they built it up beautifully and then it all seemed a little rushed which was a shame. i also loved james marsters, although he did play it very spike like which i suppose it what they were afte **shrugs**
    Gotta say i agree with ya candy about series 2 being much better than 1. They were clearly finding their feet in the 1st series, but i've gotta say i loved the final 3 episodes!

Also, with series 2, gotta love all those little references to the 3 part series 3 finale of Doctor Who: "I'd trust Martha if the world was ending. In fact I did!" Gotta love those little moments.

And here's a random uber-nerdy question for ya candy: can you guess what the awesome Torchwood episode Captain Jack Harkness shares with the rather lame Doctor Who episode Love & Monsters?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

first seen posters for Vote Saxon!

even i am surprised at how geeky i am sometimes

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

not half as geeky as I am: both episodes are also the only episodes to mention all of the first 3 series arc words! the bad wolf one in CJH is a bit of a blink and youll miss it ref, but you can see it among the grafitti!

- Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

a fellow geek!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so glad to see that everyone here seem's to be a big torchwood fan!! i was absolutely hooked on it from the word go!! I thought that series 1 and 2 were fantastic!! But I have to admit I had no idea what to make of series 3!!! I liked the general idea of the season, but i felt that ending was so so so sad and a bit depressing.
    I've heard that they have been commisioned for a 13 episode 4th season. I think with more time on their hands that the new season will be fantastic!
    Personally - i just love John Barrowman *swoons*

Jamesey
    xxxx

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i haven't seen series 3 yet, if you do see it repeating pls give me a shout

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i haven't seen series 3 yet, if you do see it repeating pls give me a shout
    If you live in the UK you can pick it up on DVD pretty cheap now

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

just watched children of the earth
    oh jesus that was just
    wowowowowowowowowowowowowwow

freaking loved it, drama tears laughs it had the lot
    Spoiler:
    also very sad as it looks like the end, only gwen left

but the lines that made me chortle was
    'you and whose army' ''torchwood''
    'an arm, a leg, a waste of a body bag'

loved it sooooo much, it was even better than the 2nd series

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It is amazing, isn't it candy?

Emotional, dramatic, epic...and yet, for some reason I can't fathom, some fans of the first two series can't stand it! That really does perplex me!

I think my favourite line is, "So what's down there?" "Erm, big science-fiction super base!"

Even with the darkest and most mature Torchwood storyline yet, I still love the fact that RTD was still able to poke fun at his own show!

- Melike

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm half-way through series two right now. I only got to see two or three episodes before we lost our satellite signal (and boy do I EVER miss BBC America! Believe it or not), but we've got the laptop hooked into the big screen, so I get to watch TV on the internet with no commercials in fantastic glory.

I am in love with Ianto.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i will miss RTD! **sigh**

some folks may not have liked it because it was so much darker, the 1st one was finding its feet, and was quite superficial (not my fav series and i almost gave up on it, so bloody glad i didnt)

the second series was still lighter hearted but a lot grittier and got quite dark in some places, but the third one has just blown my mind - its almost as if RTD knew where he was going with it all along (sarcasm, sorry)

do you think thats it? RTD doesn't but he also has not confirmed (as far as i know) if it will be him that brings it back? or have i missed that somwhere?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Dionysus View Post
    I'm half-way through series two right now. I only got to see two or three episodes before we lost our satellite signal (and boy do I EVER miss BBC America! Believe it or not), but we've got the laptop hooked into the big screen, so I get to watch TV on the internet with no commercials in fantastic glory.

I am in love with Ianto.
    he is a much more rounded character in the 2nd and 3rd series and i really like him a lot. i always felt he was more the heart of torchwood than gwen, who the writers wanted to be the heart

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am in love with Ianto.
    he is a much more rounded character in the 2nd and 3rd series and i really like him a lot. i always felt he was more the heart of torchwood than gwen, who the writers wanted to be the heart
    Yeah, but since when do the writers know how the fans will react to the characters?
    I loved him in series one, right from the get-go. He's always been my favorite.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

i will miss RTD! **sigh**

some folks may not have liked it because it was so much darker, the 1st one was finding its feet, and was quite superficial (not my fav series and i almost gave up on it, so bloody glad i didnt)

the second series was still lighter hearted but a lot grittier and got quite dark in some places, but the third one has just blown my mind - its almost as if RTD knew where he was going with it all along (sarcasm, sorry)

do you think thats it? RTD doesn't but he also has not confirmed (as far as i know) if it will be him that brings it back? or have i missed that somwhere?
    Apparently it has been confirmed by the BBC that RTD is creating a Torchwood show in the US for Fox:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...-bbc-worldwide

Whether this will be a remake, i'm not sure, but it sounds like it could very well be a continuation. If it's got RTD on board, that's all I care about!

And considering the events of Children of Earth,
    Spoiler:
    namely the base getting destroyed, Ianto's death, and killing his own grandson, with Jack finding no reason to stay there, it would make sense that he'd want to start again somewhere else. It was probably the intention of creating a US version that led RTD to write CoE in the first place - to "clear the decks" for a new series, as it were.

- Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm, i so hope its a continuation and not a remake. i can understand the continuation

CoE spoiler - Can do not read
    Spoiler:
    RTD himself said he could not have jack going back to the hub and rebuilding and restarting as it would defile the memories of those that had dies esp one in particular.

so i can understand the move to the US, however, i just hope its not.... that it doesn't loose its.... 'englishness' if that makes sense? it always been a little eccentric.

hmm, and if torchwood can make the transition would they do the same with the dr? have him save the states instead of england????? hmmmmm things to think on

Country
    Country Flag

Not reading any spoilers.

I personally am against the changing of the location from the UK to the US. The US is a very retarded place (no offense to anyone who lives there) where I don't think the same kinds of stories would really fit... It would probably lose its Englishness. I don't think they can do it and have it still be... Great. Good, maybe, but never great.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Besides, how would an outfit like Torchwood function with having to worry about the FBI AND the CIA wondering what they're up to?
    Actually, that may create some interesting plot twists... But it wouldn't be the same.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Besides, how would an outfit like Torchwood function with having to worry about the FBI AND the CIA wondering what they're up to?
    Actually, that may create some interesting plot twists... But it wouldn't be the same.
    interesting but not the same, i can picture it now
    C.S.I Torchwood

Country
    Country Flag

lol. That's just wrong. Blech.

They might be able to retain the Englishness if they moved the location to Canada. lol. We're all vastly different in temperament than 9/10 of average Americans... Unfortunately, we're generally more intelligent as well, it seems.
    They should do Torchwood: Toronto! lol. I'd watch that. But I'm biased, I was born there.
    And anyway, in Canada there's the Mounties, and CSIS, who never, like, do anything so far as I know. They're our best kept secret. lol.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast