Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest #13 - Oy!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice work, everyone!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Terrific work there! I don't know how to do that at all. What program is used, and how do you put it all together?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've gone more with Oy looking like a daschund, with the raccoon influence being mostly in the markings and also the paws.
    I've pictured him more doglike simply because SK says that he could pass for a dog (albeit an odd one) in our world.

The gold ringed eyes part, I always thought, referred to the irises themselves. I've coloured them in yellow, but it doesn't show up that much:

Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it! It's very cute.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked my sister how she pictured Oy and she started laughing...I was like, what? And she said, I know it's not what King described - but I always pictured him as a deformed greyhound

Yeah, she's weird

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lisa your pic looks great! i guess i'm the only one that thought the fur was gold... well except for whoever wrote the End-World Almanac..

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've not read the Almanac - but I noticed quite a few people on Devart have done the fur round the eyes gold, so you're not alone

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

it's simply perfect

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I agree, I think you should win with that submission!!

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!! And thank you Letti, Beam and Daggers too

I've just joined DeviantArt and it's very humbling being there...there is some out of this world artwork on that site!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it's humbling being there because of such people as you, Lisa.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    For me it's humbling being there because of such people as you, Lisa.
    it can't be humbling! Lisa's present is all light and joy and happinness, it can't be causing any other emotions. Especially not to you, who yourself are light and joy and happinness.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, DeviantArt totally rocks!

My Mood
    In Love

I agree as usual Jean, and also that the artwork on Deviant is awesome.
    Lisa your work would be right at home posted there!

The answer is within

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Lisa I love it.

I want to try to do something for this one, but we'll see if I get the time.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Lisa that's fantastic!!!!
    Your work always has such great style.
    I think you did a great job of capturing Oy in much the way King describes him in The Waste Lands.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Lisa's is an absolutely great picture, only I never imagined Oy as canine as that.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i always thought Oy was fluffier... but i Lisa's picture.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like everyone's so far, this is going to be a very difficult decision!

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Im in love with all the Oy-s!!!!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

okay that's it. i want an oy. so someone with connections needs to get in touch with someone and have them make a plushie. cause i want an oy gods damn it!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Oy Gods. that sounds like fun. All bow to Billy-Bumbler! *kneels* (is just messing around with turtlesong, knows that she meant goods)

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

no, she meant i want an oy, gods damn it. i just forgot the comma.
    you're calling me on a spelling/punctuation error.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

well it seemed like you meant "Oy goods, Damn it!", since you were talking about plushies. Oh well. One man's blue is a turtle's red.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think Lisa's is an absolutely great picture, only I never imagined Oy as canine as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    i always thought Oy was fluffier... but i Lisa's picture.
    When I was reading the books, alot of the time I didn't develop clear images of the characters, just more sort of outlines of them...a suggestion of an image if you know what I mean?
    And I have to admit, I pretty much just imagined Oy as a racoon.

I might redo my entry, because I think I'd have the body slimmer and the head slightly less canine

Heather - hope you get your entry in in time, I love your work

Jayson, Letti

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast