Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 4 advance!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Sound of Music

3 11.54%
  • Braveheart

6 23.08%
  • Dr. Strangelove (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)

5 19.23%
  • Rebel Without a Cause

4 15.38%
  • The Lady Vanishes

0 0%
  • Leaving Las Vegas

0 0%
  • Brazil

3 11.54%
  • The Birds

5 19.23%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Round 1, Group J

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 1, Group J

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There you are, your own number on your very own door. And behind that door, your very own office! Welcome to the team, DZ-015

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Jill: Say, all wars have innocent victims.

Sam: Well, all wars do -

Jill: Who is this war against, Sam?

Sam: Well, terrorists of course.

Jill: How many terrorists have you met? Actual terrorists?

Sam: Actual... terrorists? Well ... it's only my first day.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Had to go with Rebel Without a Cause. It's one of my all-time favorite films.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it was painful for you to vote against Hitchcock, Heather.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted against Hitchcock this time, too... but it was The Lady Vanishes that competed with Braveheart in the bear's soul... I wouldn't vote for The Birds under any circumstances...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I know it was painful for you to vote against Hitchcock, Heather.
    It really was!

And Jean, I still have yet to watch The Lady Vanishes. I believe I've got it on dvd somewhere. I'm going to have to dig it out and watch it sometime soon.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Brazil - but was torn between The Birds, which is just great edge of your seat Hitchcock, and The Sound Of Music ...which is just great!

I went for....The hills are aliiiiiive, with the sound of music...ahhhahhhahhhhahhhhhhhhh!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that was my third option...

Lisa, I suspect you might really enjoy Brazil. Check it out sometime. Terry Gilliam has made many fine films, but this is the best of the best. Just make sure if/when you do watch it, you watch Gilliam's cut, not the ridiculous studio cut.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean - I'm generally against musicals, but The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Calamity Jane and Jesus Christ Superstar always have a place on my dvd rack...just don't tell anyone

Jayson - thanks, I'm trawling Amazon as we speak

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Jean - I'm generally against musicals, but The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Calamity Jane and Jesus Christ Superstar always have a place on my dvd rack...just don't tell anyone
    And Oliver! you forgot Oliver!

::surprised::

are there really any others???

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Jayson - thanks, I'm trawling Amazon as we speak
    I have the 3-disc box set which has both cuts of the film as well as a documentary called "The Battle of Brazil" which lays out the whole story of the fight Gilliam had with the studio over the release (which is almost as fascinating as the film itself).

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

!!!!! Oh no!! I must go and do penitance...I can't believe I missed out Oliver!

Did I ever tell you the story - Ron Moody (Fagin) was in a show at a theatre where the director was making really unreasonable demands of the actors considering the limited resources they had, one last demand prompted Moody to declare - "I tell you what, get me a couple of loaves and some fishes and I'll show you a miracle!"

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler flea is on a distinguished road flea's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

[last lines]
    Dr. Strangelove: Sir! I have a plan!
    [standing up from his wheelchair]
    Dr. Strangelove: Mein Führer! I can walk!

Peter Sellers is brilliant in it

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

why are there so many Birds haters? I loved that film!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I am not a Bird hater. I think it is a classic. I also think that, as it is the case with many truly groundbreaking books or movies, it is far less entertaining or developed (from the point of view of characters, dialogs, or plot turns) than other, less groundbreaking Hitchcock movies.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love The Birds.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Braveheart - FREEEEDDDOOOMMM!

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Braziiiiiiiiiil, where hearts were entertaining Juuuuuune......
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Hooray Laura! You just put Brazil into the top 4. Everyone stop voting now!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I am not a Bird hater. I think it is a classic. I also think that, as it is the case with many truly groundbreaking books or movies, it is far less entertaining or developed (from the point of view of characters, dialogs, or plot turns) than other, less groundbreaking Hitchcock movies.
    oh! Well, I COMPLETELY agree with that! The Birds was Hitchcock's version of a slasher pic!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Hooray Laura! You just put Brazil into the top 4. Everyone stop voting now!!!
    and it just pushed Rebel out of the top 4

I want to know who that other lovely soul who voted for it was

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Theres still time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast