Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Is Marriage Necessary For Commitment?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I literally cried at my first wedding and not from happiness.

Really should have known something was up but when it all came out, we figured out we weren't in love at all.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, WTF is a "double cousin"?
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Okay, WTF is a "double cousin"?
    When siblings from two different families have kids those kids are double cousins.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah what i read explained it as a couple that is cousins on both the mother and father's sides... idk how that happens honestly, but it sounds like an exercise in incest itself..

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

So my brother marries some girl--and I meet her brother and decide he's hot stuff, so I marry him. Then me & my hubbs and he & his wife have kids--those kids are double cousins? Am I tracking?
    Last edited by Ves'Ka Gan; 09-24-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: edited to make more damn sense.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ahhhh!!! oh ok... that sounds about right... and not disgusting.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

If I explained parts of my family tree to you, you would understand my ability to think around corners on these odd familial-situations....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So my brother marries some girl--and I meet her brother and decide he's hot stuff, so I marry him. Then me & my hubbs and he & his wife have kids--those kids are double cousins? Am I tracking?
    Yeah, that's about it...that is, if you and your brother happen to be first cousins with the man and woman y'all have kids with.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Okay...then that is weird!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't that just basic cousin lovin'?

If me and my sister marry first cousins, I think our kids may be more than just double cousins

See: The Hills Have Eyes

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Cousin-lovin' has just never appealed to me...and by "never appealed to me" I mean "ives me the heebie jeebies". Nothing against my cousins, of course. Maybe it is because my famly is so close, and I think of my cousins on close to the same level as my siblings?

I did have a third-cousin hit on me at a family-wake (there are SO many things wrong with that sentence) and even if he hadn't been really unattractive--we had the same last name, and that I believe is a good indicator that two people shouldn't be pursuing more than normal cousin-to-cousin relations...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did have a third-cousin hit on me at a family-wake (there are SO many things wrong with that sentence)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4