Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Wrightson, Artist

Gunslinger Apprentice Centipede is on a distinguished road

Default Bernie Wrightson, Artist

Hey everyone,

I am trying to track down Bernie Wrightson original works from Cycle of the Werewolf, The Stand, Wolves of Calla, and From a Buick 8. Specifically, I really need to hunt down Werewolf originals. Would anyone out there happen to own any of these works, or know where I can find some?

Thank you!

Jerad Walters

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am trying to track down Bernie Wrightson original works from Cycle of the Werewolf, The Stand, Wolves of Calla, and From a Buick 8. Specifically, I really need to hunt down Werewolf originals. Would anyone out there happen to own any of these works, or know where I can find some?

Thank you!

Jerad Walters
    Hi Jerad, and welcome to our little corner. You are a well liked and respected figure amongst our group of collectors. We are honored that you come to us with your question.

Well, you have Bob's work scanned at this point. Our member oy the brave owns a Wolves of the Calla Wrightson original (the paperback edition cover). My three originals of Wrightson are only pencil drawings which I do not think you are interested in. One is a Wolf sketch from the S/L Cycle of the Werewolf. The other two are from Wolves of the Calla. Pictures follow:

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not exactly originals from his books, but last week some originals concepts that Wrightson made for The Mist were auctioned at ebay.com

I have them in my ebay if you need the links.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

oooo David, I never saw your wolf before!! Can I have it?!?!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    oooo David, I never saw your wolf before!! Can I have it?!?!

Even trade for yours? <she says to wiz >

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Um, yeah, NOT!!!! But nice try! I LOVE my wolfie!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Um, yeah, NOT!!!! But nice try! I LOVE my wolfie!!!!

How about a pic and the story so everyone else can see it. It is indeed AWESOME!

My Mood
    Lurking

ugh, now I have to find the picture again. I may have it somewhere. But it will take some looking.

Once I find it, i shall share my wolfie! I think it's even posted on this site, somewhere.....

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my original cover

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely gorgeous!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boy, I'll say. I came THIS CLOSE to buying that art before Dave did, but I sure am glad that he owns it given that I do not.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!

John

My Mood
    Lurking

Ok, here's my original Wolfie.

This was painted at Palavercon in 2005. Michael Whelan, Phil Hale and Rick Berry did a painting collaboration type thing. And while I was watching Michael uncover the wolf (at least that's what I think he is, kneeling over his prey) I fell in love with it.

Well I was talking to Michael about it and he said that I could have it. Boy, was I over the moon! Well, A snag was hit when I found out that the paintings were supposed to go to Robert to re-coop money from the Con. There was also a stipulation that each of the artists got on and Mic. Well, Mic was ever so generous to pick Wolfie and give it to me, since it was such a big misunderstanding.

There is only two sigs on it, Michael and Phil, Rick never signed it, but there is video evidence that he did work on it.

Someday I am hoping to get the video of them painting it to go along with it.

And that's my story and I am sticking to it!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Karen. Now everyone can enjoy it. I really like it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it too. And that's a neat story!

John

My Mood
    Lurking

He's in a closet right now.

Someday I may have to money to get him framed! LOL

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

really amazing Karen! Congrats!

(but as he is getting spoiled by being in a closet i will be kind enough to recieve it and get it framed... and keep it in France :p )
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

great story, really cool painting.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a great story and I love how you've got a single painting that's been worked on by three artists for whom we all feel such an affinity.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Lurking

I think that and the fact that I got to watch it come to life are the two best things about the painting.

And it's ok, wolfie likes being in the dark, Jeremy, and there he shall stay, until I have the money to frame him!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well, wolfie will probably get some spiderwebs stuck in his hair... i really wonder if he likes it

;-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Lurking

He will eat the spiders for snacks!

Country
    Country Flag

if he can moves in his closet

Ok let's stop spoiling this thread...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Check the "Intriguing...Auctions" thread for some of Bernie's sketches on eBay right now.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't see an original DarkTower piece come up very often. Liz just posted this on Bernie's site:

One of the remaining few pieces Bernie did for Stephen King. Acrylic paint on 11.5X15.5 Briston Board; image size 8X12

https://wrightsonart.medialayer.net/...73ddae82e2dad9

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast