• Not voting

11 14.86%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: TDT.com Picks The US President

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I chose "not voting" because I can't vote in the US -- but I would vote for Obama if I could.
    Ah, Bev, you should have choosen Obama. We decided that everyone gets a vote, even if you can't legally vote in the US. Oh well, sorry.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe I can change that vote for you if you like, Bev!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, Bev, you should have choosen Obama. We decided that everyone gets a vote, even if you can't legally vote in the US. Oh well, sorry.
    I hope we are the only ones that decided that.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Remember US Citizens of Legal Voting Age - If You Don't Vote, You Can't Complain!!
    Gotta disagree with that. If you pay taxes, you have every right to complain whether you vote or not. There are plenty of reasons not to vote but not casting a vote does not rob you of your right to speak out about governance.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Remember US Citizens of Legal Voting Age - If You Don't Vote, You Can't Complain!!
    Gotta disagree with that. If you pay taxes, you have every right to complain whether you vote or not. There are plenty of reasons not to vote but not casting a vote does not rob you of your right to speak out about governance.
    Complaining about someone you do vote for who screws up though is forbidden.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Sure, fiddle my vote if you'd like!

Now you know what it feels like to be a Florida voter Bev. Welcome to the club.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Done!

We should have done a seperate Florida poll where the PTB decide where your vote will go.

So have they told you who you voted for yet, Jayson?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

There will be no dangling chads in this thread

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Done!

We should have done a seperate Florida poll where the PTB decide where your vote will go.

So have they told you who you voted for yet, Jayson?

Nope, we still have to go through the charade today, then the Supreme Court tells us how we voted.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I wrote in Cthulhu.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

There will be no dangling chads in this thread
    In actuality, I have to commend the State of Florida on this year's process. We moved away from the electronic voting machines that were forced on us after 2000. Say what you will about whether the machines can or cannot be trusted, but the fact of the matter was that the machines can not produce a paper trail and were therefore in violation of the state constitution by being unable to provide for a manual recount. This year the ballot was a paper ballot in which you darkened the circle (though with a marker, not a #2 pencil). After completing the ballot each voter walked it over to a poll worker at the optical scan machine who scans it right there and then in front of you. In 2000, there was a big issue with so-called "spoiled ballots." In short, a spoiled ballot is one that could not be read by the machine. These ballots were simply spit out of the machine and not counted (until the recount began). This time if the machine didn't like the ballot, the voter would know instantly and would be given a new ballot or the chance to fix the other one. Now, there is still no guarantee that the machines are recording the votes accurately, but there is a definitive paper trail in the event that a recount and/or an audit are necessitated.

My Mood
    Gay

I saw the docu Hacking Democracy... scary stuff.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

omg... this girl that is on my friends list on facebook has set her status to say that she will defriend anyone that votes for McCain/Palin because that means they're dumb and she's not friends with idiots... WTF?!? i wouldn't want to be her friend anyway... as a matter of fact i think i'll defriend her just for saying stupidness like that... i don't even really know her we just went to the same school.... oh wait that's not true, i think she was in my rhetoric class.. jeesh.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    omg... this girl that is on my friends list on facebook has set her status to say that she will defriend anyone that votes for McCain/Palin because that means they're dumb and she's not friends with idiots... WTF?!? i wouldn't want to be her friend anyway... as a matter of fact i think i'll defriend her just for saying stupidness like that... i don't even really know her we just went to the same school.... oh wait that's not true, i think she was in my rhetoric class.. jeesh.
    Your rhetoric class?

Now that's irony.

"defriend" what a term.

Country
    Country Flag

that's what i was thinking too when i remembered... and i thought she was pretty cool when we were in class. *sigh*

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    Seriously idiotic man, I guess that says much more about her than it does about how someone votes.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

i know! i'm thinking... ok, if you defriend that person, 1. you weren't really their friend and 2. it's not going to do anything to convince them that you are right. i don't understand doing things that produce no results.. and it just makes her ignorant and intolerant and i hate that even more... ugh.... we really need that vomit smilie

I'm still trying to decide which is the dumber thing, (a) the notion of "defriending" someone because of the way they voted, or (b) the word "defriending"

Country
    Country Flag

i can't decide.... i think the actual act of it though... *shudder*

My Mood
    Gay

I'd have to go with the word "defriend" ... when I read it, I thought - oh, how nice some marketing genius came up with that post-apocolypic word.

Sounds like something that happens before the Zombies approach...

.... there I was, completely defriended, and thirsty as all hell, when the Zombies attacked.

I'd have to go with the word "defriend" ... when I read it, I thought - oh, how nice some marketing genius came up with that post-apocolypic word.

Sounds like something that happens before the Zombies approach...

.... there I was, completely defriended, and thirsty as all hell, when the Zombies attacked.

I was trying to think of some joke involving Orwell's Newspeak, but your zombie joke is double-plus-good.

Country
    Country Flag

the really funny thing is the first time i glanced at it i thought it said "defend" and i thought 'awww that's what i like to see'... then i noticed more and read the whole thing and was appalled... :smh:

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Don't mind Jayson today, he's just spoiling for a fight. It's all that sand lodged in his vagina.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I am writing in Ron Paul.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast