Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Parts of Wizard and Glass

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That was great stuff.

I also loved the part where they arrested the boys. I think that moment was very significant in Rolands life
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Awww so you decided to stop ignoring me Letti! I think most folk when confronted with Walter would be a bunny..
    When did I ignore you?? Never ever.

And, yes most people would. But there are the ones who wouldn't.

Roland would have understood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Like whom? You?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland never had a problem with him

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Yeah but he might have if things had turned out differently with Mordred. Like Mordred and Walter working together to kill Roland and his ka-tet for instance. That would be an interesting scenario..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...too bad one ate the other.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, well not too bad for Mordred...he was very hungry afterall and here comes along this demon who thinks too much of himself and doesn't realize what trouble he is in...lunch on legs!
    Last edited by Wuducynn; 12-13-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Just realized I posted some major spoilers..

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Awww so you decided to stop ignoring me Letti! I think most folk when confronted with Walter would be a bunny..
    When did I ignore you?? Never ever.

And, yes most people would. But there are the ones who wouldn't.
    Like whom? You?
    Not I, said the fly.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like whom? You?
    Oh no, sadly no.
    I am a bunny without Walter, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice sai delgado is on a distinguished road sai delgado's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

WaG was one of my favourites from the series so I have a lot of favourite bits-one of them being the showdown at the end, also many of the Cuthbert moments like when he firsty introduces the big coffin hunters with his catapult and his "lookout" I also like the beginning of the book were blaine gets owned
    'He bowed low, right down to the ground, in front of the man sitting there motionless, whose smile reminded him of everything that he had ever loved in his life, of everything that had ever been of value and holy in his life.' Herman Hesse

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sai delgado View Post
    I also like the beginning of the book were blaine gets owned
    After waiting so long for W&G to come out, I was glad to finally see Blaine get his come-uppance.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

my favourite part is when Cuthbert enters the saloon and makes a show off. I thought that was really awesome, plus I had liked him since book 1 and wanted to see more of Roland's first ka-tet.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree, that scene was really the first time that I understood the Gunslingers (as a whole) were seriously not to be screwed with.

Their kids are as hard as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I totally agree, that scene was really the first time that I understood the Gunslingers (as a whole) were seriously not to be screwed with.

Their kids are as hard as it gets.
    Exactly, if this is what 14 year old Gunslingers are like, I'd hate to have messed with Stephen Deschain and his tet.

Traveler DinoMay is on a distinguished road DinoMay's Avatar

Cuthbert's probably my favorite character of the whole series and as far as I'm concerned there wasn't nearly enough of him. Regardless, many of his scenes are among my favorites. The first showdown between the boys and the Coffin Hunters is obviously classic. They were all so chillingly cool and confident. I also really enjoyed when Cuthbert punched Roland in the face. I have never been a big fan of Susan and Cuthbert was right about Roland's careless behavior with her. Even gunslingers need a punch in the face sometimes.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

My favorite part was the showdown at the end. The passage when Jonas describes Roland as the best he's ever seen was very powerful. Also the imagery of the forgotten Citgo pumps adjacent to this rural Mexican like barony are haunting to me. Their juxtaposition sounds a loud warning in regards to the dangers of industrialization. I really empathized with Susan's "spooky" feelings. Its so easy for me to visualize them in my head.

Also, I'm now a goldmember thanks to the awesomeness of Hannah.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the second half of the Mejis storyline. Lots of great moments, particularly with Rhea's detoriation and the climax.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My favorite part has to be the stand-off at the bar. It made me realize how smooth the "Little Coffin Hunters" were. So badass.
    And although I'm not a sappy- romantic, the first "real" kiss between Roland and Susan still knots my stomach. It was the sexiest kiss ever put on paper.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are high on the list for me too girly--I think there is a thread around here about "their love" and I believe a kiss like that makes it true.

Country
    Country Flag

There is only one thing I don't like in WaG and that's the kiss. I don't really know why. The blood was too much for me. I have read it 3 times and I always hope that it won't seem to be so unreal to me anymore but it does.

Anyway.
    I love the part very Shemmie descovers how good it is to use dirty words and he repeats them again and again. He is so... lovable.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    There is only one thing I don't like in WaG and that's the kiss. I don't really know why. The blood was too much for me. I have read it 3 times and I always hope that it won't seem to be so unreal to me anymore but it does.

Thats funny, because the blood is what made it "interesting" to me. The fact that their passion was so strong, and neither of them held back at all. They were so caught up in the sweetness of the kiss, that neither of them noticed the pain ( which is so close to love anyway). I'd love to have kisses like this (at least once).

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

1. All parts with Cuthbert.
    2. All parts without Susan.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3. and without Rhea.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    3. and without Rhea.
    i loved to hate Rhea. i thought she was the best villain in the series save only RF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast