Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Favorite Parts of Wizard and Glass

John F. Kennedy Ross will become famous soon enough

I also liked this part. It was almost relieving when he punched him. While you have all the confidence in the world in Roland's decision making, you also have to see things from Cuthbert's point of view. After this part I felt like Roland was back on track and back to being a true Gunslinger. It also helped to show that Cuthbert was more than just a wise cracking loud mouth. This part gave him much more sustenance as a character and respect from the reader.

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do love this book. I think one of the more subtle things that I really enjoy about the book is the manner in which the characters speak to each other in the Mejis story; the language is enchanting. Definitely a top five book all time for me.

Traveler Walter O Dim will become famous soon enough

I loved this one from start to finish. I genuinely don't understand how some people see it as a low point for the series. Quite possibly my favourite ever work of fiction.

John F. Kennedy BrandoRex will become famous soon enough BrandoRex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Walter O Dim View Post
    I loved this one from start to finish. I genuinely don't understand how some people see it as a low point for the series. Quite possibly my favourite ever work of fiction.
    Amen. It gave a much needed backstory and explains a lot more of Roland than the other books, at least to me. I really would like another book that deals with his original ka-tet. Plus it's just a damn good read. I'd say it's my second most re-read book of the series.

Gunslinger Apprentice kaufen is on a distinguished road

Some are: Roland's stand against Blaine,

The aftermath of Roland's story when Eddie and Susannah speak about Susan's death,
    Last edited by kaufen; 06-12-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Along the Path of the Beam LizzyDeschain will become famous soon enough LizzyDeschain will become famous soon enough LizzyDeschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Crappy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like this is probably my favorite book because you finally get some answers to the long list of questions you have at this point (and of course a few new ones added). It was also relieving to see Roland unburden himself, but heartbreaking to understand there's so much he's been through.

My favorite parts would be the instance where Cuthbert defended Sheemie and shot Depape in the hand (and the entire scene that followed with Alain/Roland/Jonas/Reynolds), and crossing paths with Marten (Flagg/Walter) again. Though I felt so much more could have been added to that scene...quite a bit of buildup for a few seconds of confusion.
    "Booker, are you afraid of God?"
    "No, but I'm afraid of you."

Traveler jebeare has a spectacular aura about jebeare has a spectacular aura about

Wizard and Glass is my favorite book in the DT series. The love story between Roland and Susan is just a beautiful read, and the details given to Mejis are breathtaking. The geography, the language, the politics, etc., really bring the place to life.

I haven't read this whole thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating someone else's thoughts here. I feel like SK's ability to write a love story is a bit underappreciated. W&G, The Dead Zone, and of course 11/22/63 are, to me anyway, beautiful love stories first and foremost, with some fantastic supernatural threads thrown in for good measure.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebeare View Post
    I feel like SK's ability to write a love story is a bit underappreciated. W&G, The Dead Zone, and of course 11/22/63 are, to me anyway, beautiful love stories first and foremost, with some fantastic supernatural threads thrown in for good measure.
    Very true.
    The Dead Zone is one of my favorite King stories and, to me, one of the saddest love stories he's ever written.

Traveler jebeare has a spectacular aura about jebeare has a spectacular aura about

This has nothing to do with the thread, but this is the first time I've stumbled across your handle, GirlySteveDave, and I'm super excited to have found another King/Dark Tower/Kevin Smith fan!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    The Dead Zone is one of my favorite King stories and, to me, one of the saddest love stories he's ever written.
    ... and it is one of the million reasons why I love you

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel like SK's ability to write a love story is a bit underappreciated
    very many years ago I even started a thread about this:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ll=1#post23283

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

This has nothing to do with the thread, but this is the first time I've stumbled across your handle, GirlySteveDave, and I'm super excited to have found another King/Dark Tower/Kevin Smith fan!
    Haha! I'm also glad to meet a fellow Smith/King fan. Not many people will get the Stevedave reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    ... and it is one of the million reasons why I love you
    Aw Bears.

I didn't know about that thread until now.

Jean, I cannot wait to dive into your love story thread. I'm sure there are many, MANY, SK love stories that are underrated and/or underappreciated. I look forward to catching up on the thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5