Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 4 advance!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blade Runner

10 41.67%
  • Blow

2 8.33%
  • Spirited Away

3 12.50%
  • Donnie Darko

3 12.50%
  • Lion in Winter

1 4.17%
  • La Prima Notte Di Quiete

1 4.17%
  • Raging Bull

3 12.50%
  • Grave of the Fireflies

1 4.17%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMOAT - Round 1, Group G

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

The Lion in Winter - the script is brilliant and the cast (Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, John Castle, Nigel Terry, Timothy Dalton, and Jane Merrow) is exceptional.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eleanor: And as for Richard's wedding day... we'll see the second coming first.
    The needlework alone can last for years.
    Geoffrey: I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows, and Henry knows we know it. We're a knowledgeable family.

Eleanor: I even made poor Louis take me on Crusade. How's that for blasphemy. I dressed my maids as Amazons and rode bare-breasted halfway to Damascus. Louis had a seizure and I damn near died of windburn... but the troops were dazzled.

Henry II: (to Phillip of France) I found out the way your mind works and the kind of man you are. I know your plans and expectations - you've burbled every bit of strategy you've got. I know exactly what you will do, and exactly what you won't, and I've told you exactly nothing. To these aged eyes, boy, that's what winning looks like!

Prince John: A knife! He's got a knife!
    Eleanor: Of course he has a knife, he always has a knife, we all have knives! It's 1183 and we're barbarians! How clear we make it. Oh, my piglets, we are the origins of war: not history's forces, nor the times, nor justice, nor the lack of it, nor causes, nor religions, nor ideas, nor kinds of government, nor any other thing. We are the killers. We breed wars. We carry it like syphilis inside. Dead bodies rot in field and stream because the living ones are rotten. For the love of God, can't we love one another just a little - that's how peace begins. We have so much to love each other for. We have such possibilities, my children. We could change the world.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I've always known that wolves and bears were twinners... the bear nominated that movie, you see... only alas, he nominated La Prima Notte, too... and loves it even more

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes, I've always known that wolves and bears were twinners... the bear nominated that movie, you see... only alas, he nominated La Prima Notte, too... and loves it even more
    I completely missed your post asking who had voted for The Lion in Winter. Doh me! But this morning I told Mr. Woofer that I was surprised it had no votes at all because I felt certain Jean would appreciate it. Bears and wolves are twinners indeed!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2