+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Roland - General discussion

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

To me, Roland has a low raspy voice. Firm. Strong. Deep.

It took me a bit to get used to the audio but I just embrace it now.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of with Maerlyn on this one.

I think he has a gravelly voice, rough, kind of a "cowboy of the world" kind of voice.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    To me, Roland has a low raspy voice. Firm. Strong. Deep.
    You mean like... Yul Brynner's?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going with Gerald Butler.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

300 Gerard Butler...or... P.S I Love You Gerard Butler?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Mike Tyson

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

300 with a mix of Timeline and Beowulf and Grendel

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland lost his birthday previlges back when he
    Spoiler:
    kicked Cort's door in
    , Cort took them away.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also sometimes think of him as having a sort of Vegeta voice from DBZ.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

From which saga, though? His voice changes a lot. I see the Vegeta voice, if it is from Android or Frieza sagas!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Well why don't we do an analysis of his character and check the zodiacs and see which one he is
    Well, of course I'm just guessing here, but I'd guess he'd be an aries if he'd been born under our stars.
    Born leader, headstrong, ruled by Mars...all yes, but I'd give him scorpio rising too

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it was the one voice George did well in the recordings. Now I read him in that voice.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested in it if they had the same or similar Horoscopes as we do. What do you think?

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway altought we have no real description about his voice we know so much about his life that we can have a very good guess... his age... the smoking... the years he spent in the desert...

But how do you imagine his voice when he was much younger? What type of voice did Susan fall in love with?

Roland would have understood.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I finally figured out whose voice I associate with Roland.
    Viggo Mortensen.
    I feel like his voice is strong but not deep, and that's how I've always thought of Roland. Kind and geniune, but can be gruff.
    Check it out:
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=rf_gLDFgRlc"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rf_gLDFgRlc[/ame]

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Nope.
    Nope, not Viggo?
    Aww, well, that's how it is in my head anyways

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not deep enough.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Anyway altought we have no real description about his voice we know so much about his life that we can have a very good guess... his age... the smoking... the years he spent in the desert...

But how do you imagine his voice when he was much younger? What type of voice did Susan fall in love with?
    John Cusack~When he was in the movie Stand By Me, the Stephen King adaptation of The Body.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Well why don't we do an analysis of his character and check the zodiacs and see which one he is
    Well, of course I'm just guessing here, but I'd guess he'd be an aries if he'd been born under our stars.
    Born leader, headstrong, ruled by Mars...all yes, but I'd give him scorpio rising too
    Very likely you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I would be interested in it if they had the same or similar Horoscopes as we do. What do you think?
    I'd be interested too, but I an an aries with a virgo ascendant, aries stellilium, and lots of gemini.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. Not that one either. I can't think offhand of a famous person he would sound like to me.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Nope. Not that one either. I can't think offhand of a famous person he would sound like to me.
    Thats for young Roland.

Just a quote from Song of Susannah to throw out there - thought it might keep the discussion going.
    Spoiler:
    Roland and Eddie are in the cartmobile heading toward their first meeting with Sai King:

The gunslinger said, "I used to think the most terrible thing would be to reach the Dark Tower and find the top room empty. The God of all universes either dead or nonexistent in the first place. But now... suppose there is someone there, Eddie? Someone in charge who turns out to be..." He couldn't finish.
    Eddie could. "Someone who turns out to be just another bumhub? Is that it? God not dead but feeble-minded and malicious?"
    Roland nodded. This was not, in fact, precisely what he was afraid of, but he thought Eddie had at least come close.
    "How can that be, Roland? Considering what we feel?"
    Roland shrugged, as if to say anything could be.
    "In any case, what choice do we have?"
    "None," Roland said bleakly. "All things serve the beam."

Roland claims he doesn't hold to any god (as in having a relationship with a god), and this may be true. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe in one, as the passage above seems to indicate.
    It seems that he's saying he might even think there was a god and he expected him to be dead.
    But it could also suggest that he could have never existed in the first place.
    Or that he does exist, but is evil.
    He is an odd bird.

Thoughts?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I personally think that Roland is afraid that God is dead- what the receding of the prim seems to indicate for him. Every once in a while, when magic is rediscovered (as in the case of the Manni), Roland is forced to reconsider, but he thinks the Manni are foolish for devoting their lives to it- its too vague and chaotic to comprehend definitively. These small magical instances worry Roland, because instead of God being dead, they indicate that he is not willing to govern the universe, or not able. In this case, God is a humbug, and that is Roland's biggest fear. Remember that IT spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    the turtle is dead at the end of IT and the universe was just an afterthought- vomit as a result of the turtle having a sick stomach.
    Last edited by Letti; 04-10-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: spoiler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast