Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: divine intervention

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

:-: divine intervention

put this in your pipe and smoke it:

there are two words that, paradoxically, mirror their defintions but by one letter. what are they?

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

To clarify, do you mean that there are two words that are spelled alike except for one letter...and their definitions are opposite one another?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

thats what I am getting?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Brooding

i can't clarify it. in any way. if i do, it'll give the answer dead away.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post

there are two words that, paradoxically, mirror their defintions but by one letter. what are they?
    Not theist and atheist, are they? That's too easy....

My Mood
    Brooding

nope. good guess though.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

phonics and ??? hmm...shit. That ain't it!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Brooding

ha not even close.

the suck part with this one is that i can't give even one clue. the answer is so ridiculously apparent as it is that to give a clue would be the same as to tell the answer.

i can, however. clarify. the answer is two words, not just one word. as it is worded.

M_D and alinda, you gals are on the right track, however, look at your own post M_D, and amend the first half of it. the second half is spot-on. but imagine i said the riddle with a singular nature instead of plural. if you can measure what i'm saying, the answer will slap you like Wayne Brady's pimp-hand.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

As with most riddles I'm sure it seems ridiculously apparent once you know the anser, but until then you ... *bangs head against wall*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Brooding

no, i mean this one is so ridiculously apparent that you'll be banging your head off the wall once it's guessed.

i guarantee if any of *ahem* Mom's *ahem* people were on this thread, they'd be able to answer it in a heartbeat.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

god/good?

devil/evil?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Brooding

:bows to Brice:

indeed.

My Mood
    Brooding

no, i mean this one is so ridiculously apparent that you'll be banging your head off the wall once it's guessed.

i guarantee if any of *ahem* Mom's *ahem* people were on this thread, they'd be able to answer it in a heartbeat.
    before anyone accuses me of giving Brice an unfair veiled hint in this regard, look at the title of this thread. not saying anyone would, but just in case.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

they wouldn't and I'd have not accepted an unfair hint.

So, I should mark this one solved now, right?

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim Gaberax is on a distinguished road Gaberax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I thought you meant there were just two words...I came up with feast/fast.
    Grrr...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I came up with "sheep/fuck"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course this is the answer you come up with for everything though, Jon.

If you rescue me