Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe (spoilers too)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've not been disappointed yet. I think they are taking a break next week and will return in two weeks - bummer!!!

Spoiler:
    I really want to get the backstory on the Doctor/scientist's son - they just keep hinting. Last night he was trying to get a job - any job - that puts money in his pocket and gets him away from Boston - who was he talking to?

Our mad scientist has many many tales he is not telling us right now!

And that bad guy after the cylinder - what kind of gun did he have - it was pretty bad ass! I kind of think he must have ties to (was working for) Nina at Massive Dynamic!

Great ending with Olivia seeing (dead) John Scott (in the flesh) and dropping her drink after a particularly rough day chaing the Pattern! More of John Scott in the next episode according to the previews shown! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am enjoying this show, the only other show I tend to watch is House, which in my area, airs on Tuesday nights just before this show Fringe airs. I feel TV lucky!!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I've not been disappointed yet. I think they are taking a break next week and will return in two weeks - bummer!!!

Spoiler:
    I really want to get the backstory on the Doctor/scientist's son - they just keep hinting. Last night he was trying to get a job - any job - that puts money in his pocket and gets him away from Boston - who was he talking to?

Our mad scientist has many many tales he is not telling us right now!

And that bad guy after the cylinder - what kind of gun did he have - it was pretty bad ass! I kind of think he must have ties to (was working for) Nina at Massive Dynamic!

Great ending with Olivia seeing (dead) John Scott (in the flesh) and dropping her drink after a particularly rough day chaing the Pattern! More of John Scott in the next episode according to the previews shown! :-)
    You're spot on!

Spoiler:
    I believe the gun was some sort of rail gun/gause cannon... also did you notice the dots on the beanie the guy wore... same as the ones on the canoe under the word zeno in the first episode during the lsd induce neural connection

We have basically been talking about the show all morning at work, I'm a Fringe junkie!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I've got to start recording this, It is apparent I am not catching all the details.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For all that is Fringe

There is a bunch of info on little things that I didn't pick up on in the first 3 episodes.

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, this is one of those shows where there are small details that end up relating to big things

Spoiler:

Yeah, the bad guy's gun and bald-man's gun were both awesome! I willing to bet that both are based on Walter's experiments

Oh, and I laughed my ass off when bald-man ate that sandwich!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that the bald man is a time traveler also. How else would he be able to not age in 30 years? For time traveling comparison,
    Spoiler:
    see Richard Alpert from LOST.

I really enjoyed last nights episode also. They just keep getting better and throwing in new things to keep us interested. I really want to know more about that darn cylinder though. It looked pretty cool--it just made a spot on my Christmas list.

Really cool how John came into Oliva's apartment looking for her. I can't wait until they go into more about John's "revival" and Massive Dynamic's involvement with him.

Unfortunately, they ARE taking a break so there will not be a new episode this upcoming week. What's the deal? Waiting for LOST and Fringe now. Talk about withdraw!!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I must say Bev, the Doc. is growing on me.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I like the addition of the bald guy to the story. I just got around to watching the episode last night and I think it was one of the best so far.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I like the addition of the bald guy to the story. I just got around to watching the episode last night and I think it was one of the best so far.
    Speaking of the Bald Guy,

Spoiler:
    Who in their right miind could eat that sandwich - I think the pepper alone would put just about anyone into convulsions or something of that sort! Hilarious!

Spoiler:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

His comment to the doctor about the root beer float made me think he has issues with his senses. He turned down the offer of a float, saying that he would barely taste it. So, he probably had to add all that black pepper, hot sauce and jalapenos to get something he could taste at all.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed The Observers role as well. The scene where the observer finds Peter in the woods and we see that he has telepathic abilities was extremely cool. I think we learn that there is a two major forces trying to work The Pattern. The one causing all the destruction and now one working against them, the people The Observer works for.
    The copy I got cut off before the symbols flashed on the screen, what where they? Has anyone found any information on the meaning?

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

I've been wondering about the little icons before station breaks, too. Toads and leaves and flowers. Just to make us curious, or do they mean something?

A crazy notion struck me at the end of the episode -- that "the observer" is actually the doctor's son, lost in time.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive been checking out the official Fringe forums...whoa...there are some pretty astute people who are apparently pretty bored. Lots of information though. Well, as most Abrams, more questions raised.

See us both in the black

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    A crazy notion struck me at the end of the episode -- that "the observer" is actually the doctor's son, lost in time.
    Wonderful observation, Bev. I was thinking the exact same thing during the final scenes of the episode. If by "the doctor" you mean Walter, then yes, I was thinking the same.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I loved this most recent episode the best... and yes, it felt very x-filesy to me... well as much as anything can feel like it without being it. I'm looking forward to next week!

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a question for Doctor Who fans who are watching the show...

When "the observer" and Peter are in the woods and there's the whole telepathic thing... were any of you reminded of the alien that Doctor Who encounters in the episode "Midnight"?
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Yes, very much so.

Country
    Country Flag

There is another 'Bishop': If youve seen up to episode 4 (the last one) your safe.

Spoiler:
    When the man in the hoodie takes Peter to the graveyard looking for his mothers grave to dig up the cylinder he shines a light on a grave marked Robert Bishop and says 'to bad you never knew him.'
    I do like the theory of The Observer being Walters son, though Im not sure either of them know it. I also think Peter Bishop is a clone. Perhaps after this Robert Bishop passed, moved on, did what he did, Walter cloned Peter. In one of the earlier episodes after they release him from the insane asylum and he's back in his lab he insists in doing a physical on Peter, checking his eyes and blood pressure. And we already know he knows this type of fringe science, as we have already dealt with a cloning episode.

See us both in the black

Country
    Country Flag

We finally get a new episode tonight!

See us both in the black

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I'm sooooooooooooo excited... maybe there will be more references to root beer!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Another episode - another satisfied customer!

A few comments as I think about what I watched last night:

Spoiler:
    Did you notice the bald headed guy in the one scene - during a pattern event. He was never mentioned - he was just there as background fodder.

The scenes with (dead) John Scott have really turned around my thinking. Is he a bad guy or a good guy. I had thought bad guy until he led Olivia to the place where he kept all his records, but he was helping Olivia there - and the diamond ring??? Was he in love adn wanting to marry Olivia? Or is that yet another ploy, the writers fucking with our minds? So that got me thinking about Maximum Dynamics - after all, they got the dead John Scott and read his (dead) mind and now he is turning up in Olivia's visions - interesting how the Dr thinks that is a side effect to the scene in Episode 1 where Olivia went into the tank to read John's brain waves - a side effect where his soul is invading her soul????

The interaction between the Dr and the junior agent (Astrid?) was interesting - him remembering that her name started with an A and getting excited. Last episode she could drill holes in his head from her stare alone after she recovered from him sedating her!

They added something to the images that pop up at commercial break time - but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was, just that when I saw it I thought this is new.

The weakest element in last night's episode was the actual "fringe" science that the ep was based on. It just did not do a lot for me.

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed last nights episode as well. Though the science part of it didn't thrill me either. Magnetizing pigeons? No. However, the whole "is John good or bad" kind of thing was pretty interesting. It kind of gave off a LOST vibe because it seems as if they are playing with the audiences minds a bit.

Has anyone disovered what the commercial images are? I.E. the frog, leaf, six-fingered hand, etc. I'm especially eager to know what in the world that little yellow dot means as well. Each commercial, it moves to a new location. Darn you J.J.!

Looking forward to next weeks episode.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was wondering about that little dot as well.
    I think this weekend I'm going to try to go back and watch all the episodes, I always seem to be busy when it's on, and I only end up half watching it, and I know I'm missing alot of things.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Heres a Fringe Website that shows hidden 'easter eggs' as they call them for every episode. You can see a lot of hidden stuff there.

See us both in the black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast