Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Fringe (spoilers too)

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked
    Spoiler:
    Windmark's death...Olivia still juiced up with the cortexifan(sp?) surprising him and making him go squish like a bug.
    and really wanted
    Spoiler:
    September to be able to be there for his boy

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I saw a good theory that the reason Michael got off the train was so that
    Spoiler:
    Olivia would need the cortexiphan to go to the alt universe to save him, thus making her ready for the showdown against Windmark.

Makes sense to me.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Spoiler:
    I think it was the child who killed Windmark; not Olivia. She looked directly at Michael with a surprised look on her face, just after Windmark was smashed between the cars. Michael put his finger to his mouth and "shhh"ed. This also made me think he was performed the action. And we know he is so powerful that Windmark's eye and nose bleed while he was just trying to read him.
    Remember Walter said the effects of the Cortexiphan would be temporary. She would use up the four doses of the drug that four times she crossed over.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No, I'm pretty sure it was Olivia -- all those special effects. Michael did the shhh thing a few times -- not quite sure what it meant.

Here's the (unofficial) recap from wiki:
    Spoiler:
    Olivia, under emotional duress of fighting for her daughter Etta, has her latent Cortexiphan powers trigger that draws power from the surrounding city ("Ability"), and psychokinetically smashes Windmark between two cars.

Here's another one:

Windmark easily overpowers both Peter and Olivia , but when Olivia sees Etta’s “magic bullet” necklace lying on the ground, she manages to conjure just enough of her Cortexiphan powers to smash Windmark between two cars!

Every recap I've read has the same perspective.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the finale, but a part of me really wishes they would've gone with something other than a re-set. From the moment Etta died early this season, I had a very strong feeling they'd end the season with them back at the park sans Observers. Just a bit predictable to me. If they had to do a re-set, it would've been more satisfying (cruel, but satisfying) to re-set to Reiden Lake only this time, September doesn't save Peter and Walter.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure it was Olivia -- all those special effects. Michael did the shhh thing a few times -- not quite sure what it meant.

Here's the (unofficial) recap from wiki:
    Spoiler:
    Olivia, under emotional duress of fighting for her daughter Etta, has her latent Cortexiphan powers trigger that draws power from the surrounding city ("Ability"), and psychokinetically smashes Windmark between two cars.

Here's another one:

Windmark easily overpowers both Peter and Olivia , but when Olivia sees Etta’s “magic bullet” necklace lying on the ground, she manages to conjure just enough of her Cortexiphan powers to smash Windmark between two cars!

Every recap I've read has the same perspective.
    Spoiler:
    I read a theory about why Micheal did "shhhh" motion: "It allows the other characters to find a solution to a problem by quieting their minds and looking inwards. Olivia found the power to crush Widmark, and Astrid thought of using the shipping lanes for the time travel mechanism."

Olivia killing Windmark with her Cortexiphan powers makes more sense than the way I have interpreted it while I was watching the show. Because it explains why Michael stepped out of the train...

Maybe I thought that way at the beginning because I've totally forgotten about what Olivia did with her powers when she thought they hurt Nina to make her show her abilities in the interrogation room.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been doing a re-watch of the show and one of the things that stuck me odd was with the early episode called Inner Child which is the first time we see "Michael." A person posing as a social worker tells Olivia that they will be taking him to a home only to find out that he is really someone more sinister. We see him on the phone talking to a mysterious person that we know nothing about and he says on the phone that they found 'another one'. Is "Michael" not the only 'observer' child that they have found?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I have been doing a re-watch of the show and one of the things that stuck me odd was with the early episode called Inner Child which is the first time we see "Michael." A person posing as a social worker tells Olivia that they will be taking him to a home only to find out that he is really someone more sinister. We see him on the phone talking to a mysterious person that we know nothing about and he says on the phone that they found 'another one'. Is "Michael" not the only 'observer' child that they have found?
    I really don't remember that... Maybe back then they had have different plans for Michael and observers.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I finished the whole series recently, and I loved it!
    Walter is so charmingly weird, he became my favorite character early on. His lunacy is endearing somehow.
    The episode where Boyles accidentally dropped acid was laugh out loud hilarious! I giggled until tears ran down my face...if anyone had seen me they might have thought I was tripping, too!

It was an amazing experience to watch an entire series from beginning to end without commercials or (even worse) waiting time between episodes or seasons.
    Ive started on Supernatural and will enjoy watching that series without commercials or wait time, too!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished the series!

I'm going to say that I enjoyed both the final season and the finale, even if the latter left me wanting a bit more... I'm a sucker for epilogues and that one just felt way too short.

Everything else was great though. I was worried at first because I felt that the darker tone would require a sacrifice in the form of the show's lighthearted banter between the team, but luckily there was still plenty of Bishop centric debauchery.

Windmark was a fantastic villain, even if the Observers themselves were more than a little derivative of The Matrix's Agents. The finale with the team breaking Broyles out of the building felt liek a shot for shot remake of Morpheus's rescue lol.

The universe finds a way to course correct, and it was a nice touch to see Walter giving something back to restore the balance he upset; taking a boy from his home and then taking a boy to his home. Loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I finished the whole series recently, and I loved it!
    Walter is so charmingly weird, he became my favorite character early on. His lunacy is endearing somehow.
    The episode where Boyles accidentally dropped acid was laugh out loud hilarious! I giggled until tears ran down my face...if anyone had seen me they might have thought I was tripping, too!

It was an amazing experience to watch an entire series from beginning to end without commercials or (even worse) waiting time between episodes or seasons.
    Ive started on Supernatural and will enjoy watching that series without commercials or wait time, too!
    Yeah! Walter is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Finally finished the series!

I'm going to say that I enjoyed both the final season and the finale, even if the latter left me wanting a bit more... I'm a sucker for epilogues and that one just felt way too short.

Everything else was great though. I was worried at first because I felt that the darker tone would require a sacrifice in the form of the show's lighthearted banter between the team, but luckily there was still plenty of Bishop centric debauchery.

Windmark was a fantastic villain, even if the Observers themselves were more than a little derivative of The Matrix's Agents. The finale with the team breaking Broyles out of the building felt liek a shot for shot remake of Morpheus's rescue lol.

The universe finds a way to course correct, and it was a nice touch to see Walter giving something back to restore the balance he upset; taking a boy from his home and then taking a boy to his home. Loved that.
    Now, one of my dreams came true. I love your comparisons with Matrix and your focus of the ending.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought so too. After the final scene I remember thinking, "is that it?"

Also: I miss Fringe.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Me too.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

W00t W00t!
    Fringe seasons 2-5 are on Amazon Prime for FREE ( with ads) right now!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    W00t W00t!
    Fringe seasons 2-5 are on Amazon Prime for FREE ( with ads) right now!!
    Nice. It is a very rewatchable show. Just finished a rewatch last month.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

amazon has started putting ads in prime content? That is jacked up...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Actually, I access it thru my Prime account but the content is actually on IMdBTV. Which kinda sucks because my TV isnt compatible with IMdB TV.
    I can still watch on my phone, so I just spend time with Dr Walter, et al in a much smaller screen.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Fringe. Walter Bishop is one of my all time favorite supporting characters.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed Fringe. A lot. Id be down for a re-watch if there wasnt so much content on my schedule already (that I havent seen yet).

Im trying to remember if I even completed the last season.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Fringe. Walter Bishop is one of my all time favorite supporting characters.
    The acting on that show was top notch.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Meghan Markle was on Fringe? I don't remember that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    For 2 episodes maybe 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    For 2 episodes maybe 3.
    I had completely forgotten she was in the series until I was re-watching the other day and shouted out "holy shit I forgot about you!" and since I was outside with just the pets, the neighbors likely think Im looney.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That was an el-cheapo autograph card I pulled out of a pack that zoomed up in value and then came down a bit.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast