Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe (spoilers too)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Fringe (spoilers too)

Anyone watch the newest Fox show Fringe from the developers of Lost!

Spoiler:
    I'm hooked already!. There are Lost elements to include the transition music and the character that plays Abbadon on Lost is Special Agent Phillip Broyles of Homeland Security - and I do not think he is on the up and up!

Like Lost, Fringe starts with a plane crash but with deadlier consequences than Lost!

Like Lost there is an evil corporation - this time its Massive Dynamic headed by William Bell - whom we do not get to meet! Instead we see the Executive Director Nina Sharp who has a robotic arm/hand. The pilot ends with Nina ordering an employee to question Special Agent John Scott - but he has been dead for 5 hours!

The show has plenty of comic elements and already relationships are being drawn and in some cases drawn apart! Estranged wacko scientist and genius son! Agent Olivia Dunham played by newcomer Anna Torv and special agent John Scott who is not what he seems! Agent Dunham and Special Agent Broyles buttng heads! Jean the cow! "I don't speak Walter," "I also speak Farsi!" Spongebob Squarepants! The mid air suspended signs that tell you where the action is taking place! Great stuff!

This show is all about science that is not really science or science that is on the edge - paranormal stuff, non-aging, knowing stuff that you shouldn't know! And like Lost, plenty of unanswered questions! You gotta love it!!!

I already can't wait til next Tuesday!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched it last night (encore showing this Sunday for those that missed it). I was impressed.

When I first heard about the show I was a little skeptical that I was going to like it. I loved Alias when it first started, and Lost when it started as well. The problem with both shows (IMO) is the dedication it takes to watch every week - cause it you don't you'll end up seriously lost (no pun intended). Alias wasn't as bad as Lost in regards to needing to watch every week, but the never ending "new questions" but never any answers got to me.

But, as I stated, I was impressed with the first episode of Fringe. I really hope this show is more about stand-alone episodes within a larger story, instead of the telling of larger story in bits and pieces (if that made sense ).

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday too!

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it and liked it very much. Love is a strong word but it's definitely hooked me.

I found the pre-commercial break images on black with the moving white dot VERY intriguing (the frog, the leaf, the butterfly).

That's not a spoiler, right?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

John F. Kennedy streetbudz is on a distinguished road streetbudz's Avatar

I liked this show as well. I am on board.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

me too, interesting themes for sure.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I too am on board. I think the greatest Abrams standout was the letting through out the episode. Pure Lost.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I missed it when it was originally on, but had taped it and just got around to watching it. I really enjoyed it, and can't wait to see the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I found the pre-commercial break images on black with the moving white dot VERY intriguing (the frog, the leaf, the butterfly).

That's not a spoiler, right?
    I did too, as well as that commercial they showed before the previews for the season.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I can't wait for the next episode. I hope it's going to be as good as X-files like everyone's been comparing it to...

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Already set up the dvr for the whole season. I was blown away by the episode... my wife actually liked it which was a shock!
    Spoiler:
    The whole idea about the "fringe science" drew me in immediately.

After watching last night I'm happy to say I haven't read the first comic yet. I'll get on that tonight.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the pilot episode the other day and I really enjoyed it! I had been anticipating the premiere since summer and I'm glad that it's finally on! I really am enjoying the cool plot, characters, etc. As a huge LOST fan, who doesn't love the transition music?

I can not wait until tonight to see the next episode. I saw a sneak peak of it last night with
    Spoiler:
    the girl giving birth to that "creature/thing"
    and it looks very promising! It's going to be the highlight of my night.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Episode 2 was just as fantastic, those first five minutes were quite a doozy! I'm totally hooked.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

I watched the encore premiere on Sunday, and liked it a lot, but was too tired from work to stay awake through tonight's episode. No worries though, we taped it for my dad, so I'll be watching it later. I've been wanting a series like this ever since the X-Files started it's infamous decline.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really enjoyed last nights episode. Maybe even more than the pilot. I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot like LOST in regard to more and more unanswered questions each week. If they don't go completely off track, I'm fine with it!

Looking forward to next Tuesday!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The relationship between Special Agent Broyles (Homeland Security) and FBI Agent Olivia Dunham is already becoming more and more interesting. I really enjoyed her last comment to him about
    Spoiler:
    getting a pay raise - brilliant response

I can't tell yet whether or not I am going to like massive Dynamice Executive Director Nina Sharpe, but she sure plays an interesting role.

The wacko scientist is just that - finding his car and milking the cow - priceless! And his genius son, whose backstory we need, fills out the main cast beautifully - Along with the junior FBI Agent.

I like the fact that there seems to be a finite story within the overall story each episode - in case I ever miss an episode I won't feel Lost - no pun intended! :-)

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

I'm suprised no one has posted regarding last night's episode yet! I hope you all didn't forget about it!

Each episode just keeps getting better and better. Which is pretty rare in TV series these days. You usually have a couple good ones, a bad one, back to a good one, etc. Not with Fringe!

Last night's episode was amazing! I'm skipping talking about the first 45 minutes because the ending just amazed me. Once we saw Agent Broyles talking to someone (and not showing us WHO he was talking to) and then revealing it to be Nina--my jaw dropped. They know something we don't know! Just when it couldn't get an better, it did. The last scene when
    Spoiler:
    we see a human in the incubator and then they reveal it to be John!
    That made my jaw drop for the second time.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing more of growing/cloning people in future episodes.

Really looking forward to next week's episode!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ricky what happened at the end of the episode last night. I fell asleep and missed probably about the last 10-15 min. What was that thing in the hand, did they find out? and what happened to the guy that could see what was going on? And what's this about Agent Broyles and Nina?

Country
    Country Flag

Heather! I wish you could've stayed awake--it was amazing. If you want to see the ending, you can go to Fox's website and click on FRINGE. Once there you can watch full episdoes. I really think you'd get enjoyment out of the ending, but if you want, I could just tell you.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Thanks, I didn't even think of that. I'll check it out.

Edit - I just went and watched it. Very good!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm still not convinced I'm going to stick with the show. I'm not sure I'm ready for another years-long conspiracy, even if they do wrap some things up each week.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it...I just think the Doc is a bit over the top. If they don't make that worse, I'll keep watching.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think the Doc is the only thing that makes the show worth watching.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sticking with it! They will probalby go to reruns about the time Lost starts us Season 6 so I am good to go - one show at a time. I did see the previews of Prison Break and it looks pretty good but I am at least two seasons behind right now!

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

I agree CRinVa, once LOST starts again, I'll be fine! Right now, FRINGE will have to suffice.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is starting over here Sunday, can't wait!!!

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed last night's episode.

Spoiler:

I'm convinced the bald man is a time-traveler, my wife is convinced he's an alien.
    I was surprised to find out that he had saved Walter and Peter from certain death many years ago. It means that he/they are not simply observing things. My personal theory is that the bald man(men) are a result of Walter's research.

I wish they would have given us a little more info about the guy that was after the cylinder. For instance did he get all of his information about Walter and Peter from Peter's mind? It sure seemed to me that he knew a LOT about Peter and Walter. I wonder if he wasn't under the control of Walter's mysterious former partner who started Massive Dynamic?

Can't wait for next week now...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast