Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 4 advance!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lord of The Rings - The Two Towers

4 18.18%
  • The Big Lebowski

5 22.73%
  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

4 18.18%
  • Animal House

2 9.09%
  • Once Upon A Time in the West

2 9.09%
  • Y Tu Mama Tambien

0 0%
  • Raising Arizona

2 9.09%
  • Gangs of New York

3 13.64%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BMOAT - Round 1, Group E

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 1, Group E

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost had a heart attack choosing between Fear and Loathing and Once Upon a Time in The West, but ultimately I had to go with the latter.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear and Loathing
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Two Coen brothers films, Animal House and Fear and Loathing all in one bracket. I swear Feev, your randomizer is out to get me!

That said, I voted for The Big Lebowski. It's the best of the bunch.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I must admit , I am surprized @how many of the best movies on Earth I've yet to view

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You and your polls!!!! I had to choose The Big Lebowski over the Two Tower and it really hurt. But really, The Dude wins out. I mean how could it not?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

I feel for you Maer. This has been the bracket that's presented me with the most conflict so far. Not only does it pit two Coen Bros. films against one another, but it also contains a Hunter Thompson novel adapted by Terry Gilliam. It took me a long time to actually hit the "vote" button. Still feel ok about voting for The Dude, but this was a toughie. I hope some of the others I like come in 2nd through 4th so they can move on to the next round.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, Jayson, I agree. This one was probably the toughest so far but since the rug really ties the room together, I had to go with The Dude.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

everyone says this one is the toughest, and the bear can't vote because of them all he saw only The Lord of The Rings... and slept through it...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    yeah, Jayson, I agree. This one was probably the toughest so far but since the rug really ties the room together, I had to go with The Dude.

"You know, you're right, Walter, there is an unspoken message here. It's 'FUCK YOU, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!' Yeah, I'll be at practice." - The Dude

The movie also prominently features Dylan's "The Man in Me" which is a great song. (I like how the cassette tape The Dude is listening to just says "Bob" on it).

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come oooooooon, Charlie Bronson!

You can have Charlie. Lebowski has Steve Buscemi and John Turturro in the same film. I'll take that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

OUATITW has Bronson, Henry Fonda, and Sergio Leone, you know, one of the most legendary and influential film makers of all time? Yeah, I'll stick with that.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    everyone says this one is the toughest, and the bear can't vote because of them all he saw only The Lord of The Rings... and slept through it...
    Don't worry, you're not alone.
    I've seen most of these, but the only one I enjoyed was Fear & Loathing, but I would hardly put it near the top of my list of greatest movies ever made.
    I'm beginning to think I've got drastically different taste in movies from most everyone on this board.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Don't worry, you're not alone.
    I've seen most of these, but the only one I enjoyed was Fear & Loathing, but I would hardly put it near the top of my list of greatest movies ever made.
    I'm beginning to think I've got drastically different taste in movies from most everyone on this board.
    I'm beginning to feel the exact same way... I had to choose Fear and Loathing from this list, though, like you, I would hardly call it my most favorite of all time...I was disappointed to not see Shawshank Redemption...
    As for Lebowski, I think I am the only person on the planet who doesnt care for that movie.
    :ducks:

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawshank Redemption is in the next group.

And while I do like Lebowski, I think it's way overrated.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen The Big Lebowski.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I have never seen The Big Lebowski.
    Get thee to a video rental store!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I is poor right now. We may have it here though. I'll see if we do.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread