Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Matt

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Matt - when are you changing your av to that Bart clownbed pic?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt, forgive me if these have been asked already, I only read the first post of the thread.

How old were you when you first read The Gunslinger?
    What is your absolute favorite King book?
    What is your absolute favorite movie based on King's work?
    If you could have one superpower what would it be?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Monte--thanks for the questions.

1. I believe I was just out of high school which would have made it 1988. Not sure if DotT had been published yet at that point because I remember waiting a bit to move on to the next book for some reason. Been in it ever since.

2. Has to be The Stand. I think its more about the situations I have been in while reading the book. I was literally bombed on Ft. Stewart one night as I read it in my truck. It freaked me right the fuck out.

3. This one is a toss up between Shawshank and The Green Mile. But in the end, Shawshank was my first love and that is where I stand I believe.

4. I'd love to be telekinetic--it would be cool to move things with your mind.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler arnibeth is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the story Shawshank, but I always find the movies disappointing. This one just had me questioning why "Red" was not a redhead. Don't get me wrong I love Morgan Freeman but talk about miscasting the part. I am still finding my way along the path here so forgive me. Oh and that baby is still cute.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, it's hard to find the book in the movie. But I do think that adaptation was probably the most well done of them all.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

yo matt!!! love your site and have discovered even more today

now then, if you have answered this i cry your pardon, just point me to the right page
    i couldn't see it but it may be hidden somewhere

1; how and why did you start DT.com?
    2; how did you get everyone on board or was it someone elses baby?

PS. can i just say a big thank you to you and all your staff on this site? i have only been onto hand full of sites but have not come across one that made me feel so comfortable so fast. x100

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Candy, I just noticed this was here. I believe I put the story back there somewhere but I don't mind typing it again.

1. I was a member at another King fan site starting in 2001. As that one started to decline, I got the idea in my head that it could be done better (imo) if we had some serious fans involved. So my dear friend Aaron clued me in to this domain name being for sale one day and I invested. That was Jan of 07. We launched in May.

2. As far as getting folks on board, I always figured if you provided a really cool place to have our King nerdgasms...the rest would take care of itself. "If you build it, they will come" kind of thing.

I am so glad you are here with us Candy, it's people like you that make the site what it is much more than the nuts and bolts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6