Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Matt

Wow! It’s my turn

I’m such a chatty bitch I am not sure if this one will grab much attention so don’t feel bad if you are thinking…”what else could I possibly want to know about Matt?”

I was born in the summer of 1969 a few months before man landed on the moon (the Mythbusters said it did happen)…my parents were trying the place out and decided they didn’t like it so I actually spent the first few years of my childhood in SE Texas.

When I was 7, they took a motorcycle ride vacation to Colorado, when they returned my dad had already found a job and we moved to Colorado. That was 1977 so I just passed 31 years in the state, consider myself a native now.

I graduated High School in 1987 and started working right off the bat. I was a lonely kid so the first woman who showed interest ended up being the mother of my 3 children. When the 3rd one was on the way, I decided my life was going no where and joined the military. I saw the world for 4 years and learned a valuable lesson. Waking up at home is better than waking up in a hole in the ground.

Started working for the bank over 11 years ago and met the love of my life that very year at the Christmas party, we were married the very next summer and just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last month. Couldn’t be happier (for real, we are wildly in love with each other).

I’ve been a Stephen King fan since I was a teenager and started seeking out internet sites on the man late in 2003. I stumbled across one and made friends there that I still have today. When it became apparent that the internet needed a new fan site for the Dark Tower, I decided to create it. One of the coolest things I’ve ever done.

Now, the kids are almost grown. Dora and I are planning to downsize soon, sell our house and move out to the upper west coast because there are no beaches in Colorado.

So ask away people, I’m an open book

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hey Matt!!!

What is your fav King book?

Favorite ice cream?

Favorite drink?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Favorite sexual position?

Favorite holiday?

Ever been in an ocean?

When are you coming east to visit again?

Ok, I gotta work now!

Huggles
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hi Matt, I am not very good at asking folk personal stuff. It is my experience that the answer is not always something I can forget. That said, I do have a question for you,
    I think you are one of the most endearing people I've ever encountered, what do you think contributes to your ability to put folken at ease, and be so friendly and open to those you meet here on line and in your day to day activities?

PS you

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Hi Matt.
    Firstly let me thank you for establishing and running this site. It's an addiction for me, but in the best possible way. You've created a great atmosphere around here so kudos for that.

Now on with the questions...

Do you play any instruments?

If so, how long have you played?

If not, which one would you most like to learn?

If you could learn to play a single song, what would it be?

Do you have a favorite musical artist/band?

What is your favorite concert that you've attended?

If you could see any musical artist/band (past or present) in concert who would it be?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. These spotlight threads have been very cool. It's great getting to know more about the people here.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Hey Matt!!!

What is your fav King book?

Favorite ice cream?

Favorite drink?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Favorite sexual position?

Favorite holiday?

Ever been in an ocean?

When are you coming east to visit again?

Ok, I gotta work now!

Huggles
    Fun! Thanks for the questions Karen.

1. My favorite stand alone book is The Stand. I'm a Dark Tower nut but that book will always be a big part of my life. The idea that good people sometimes have to "Stand" is a huge deal to me. It's the reason I fought for custody of my kids and a ton of other stuff.

2. My favorite ice cream is Cookie Dough.

3. Non alchy is Mt. Dew by a long shot. I've had at least one a day for about 25 years and I'm hoping it will turn me into some kind of mutant superman at some point. I would call Tequilla shots my best drunky buddy.

4. First off, anywhere with Dora is where I would want to be. But as long as I had her, I would love the upper north west corner of the US. Where mountains meet the beach. We are going to retire there and I envision a type of "hobbit hole" for the two of us.

5. That is a hard call. I love doggy style but I can't see enough of her that way. Her riding it is tied because her breasts smack me in the face very nicely and I love to kiss her.

6. Christmas, hands down. I just love the spirit of the season. I know its over commercialized and much of the reason for it is lost. But my family really has fun with it.

7. Oh yes, and I love it. Me and Dora have traveled from the west coast to the east coast to the Gulf of Mexico and on up to the Great Lakes. I love traveling the country and finding an ocean at every end is really cool

8. I would love to come up to your neck of the woods for a visit, we've never been to Maine so that is on our travel list in the next couple of years for sure (t-4 years till the kids are gone )

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Hi Matt, I am not very good at asking folk personal stuff. It is my experience that the answer is not always something I can forget. That said, I do have a question for you,
    I think you are one of the most endearing people I've ever encountered, what do you think contributes to your ability to put folken at ease, and be so friendly and open to those you meet here on line and in your day to day activities?

PS you
    What an amazing question Linda, thanks for it.

I hate to "toot" my own horn too much but the way you asked the question begs it so I'm going to go for it.

I think the first reason is my parents, they were always very open and honest with us about stuff. I'm lamenting in the political thread right now about how hard it is for people to talk to each other about certain issues. What made me think of it was the conversation my Dad and I had on Sunday about politics. Our ideas oppose each other but we still talk, he gave that to me I think.

I'm also a very confident person (in most ways). I generally don't give a crap what people think about me and try to conduct my life with consistent principles that are sometimes popular, sometimes not. My greatest advice to new parents about raising children is to simply be consistent, give them something to count on.

This is also the reason I can parade around at the hot pots sans clothing.

It warms my heart to hear that you think this way about me I must admit, much of who I am comes from the success I have had dealing with others.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Hi Matt.
    Firstly let me thank you for establishing and running this site. It's an addiction for me, but in the best possible way. You've created a great atmosphere around here so kudos for that.

Now on with the questions...

Do you play any instruments?

If so, how long have you played?

If not, which one would you most like to learn?

If you could learn to play a single song, what would it be?

Do you have a favorite musical artist/band?

What is your favorite concert that you've attended?

If you could see any musical artist/band (past or present) in concert who would it be?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. These spotlight threads have been very cool. It's great getting to know more about the people here.
    Thanks for the site kudos man, I consider the place one of my greatest accomplishments

1. No I don't. It is one of my life's few regrets. But I still have time.

2. I've been dreaming of it my whole life.

3. The piano, I think it would be cool to make music on something like that. I also understand that once you know how, you really "get" other instruments too.

4. I would think "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. I love how that guy plays the piano.

5. I am so afraid to say this but I'm not much of a music guy. I listen to books on tape or talk radio in my car, and we don't put on much at home. I'm very much influenced by what Dora is listening too and she seems to like Sugarland at the moment. "All I want to doo...ooo...ooo..ooo, is love you!"

6. My most favorite concert was the Dixie Chicks-Fly tour (her politics don't bother me). The music was very good but I think what really made it fun was being there with Dora. Other concerts I have seen was when I was a teenager. Saw Iron Maiden for the "Piece of Mind" tour in '83 . Real pretty girl had her ticket stolen and I was working (at 13) so I had plenty of money to by her a new one. She kissed my cheek and ruffed my head full of mangy hair.

7. I would love to see The Beatles play pretty much anywhere.

Thanks to you for asking them. I like these threads very much. We need to set up some for members somehow.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt Dude!

I too cannot adequately express how greatful and happy I am that you created this site. It is a real source of pleasure for me in a world that is a bit hard to take on some days.

(1) Do you like sunrises or sunsets best?

(2) Favorite character in The Stand?

(3) If the scenario behind The Stand ever really happened and you were a survivor, would it be Boulder, Vegas or loner for you?

(4) Now that you have met Mr. Stephen King (with me no less ), what person would you most like to meet and have a chat with?

(5) What actress, past or present, do you lust after?

(6) Are you just a wee bit excited about Vegas?

Thanks Matt!!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I like these threads very much. We need to set up some for members somehow.
    Good answers. And yes, I've been thinking the same thing about carrying these Q&A's over to the non-staff members. I know I'd love to be asked some of the questions I've seen (and some of the ones I've asked).

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

hey amigo ( I can say that as we have met!) two questions for you!

1. Who in history (they must be dead) would you choose to sit down with and have dinner?

2. Who today (other than Sai King) would you choose to sit down with anbd have dinner?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thanks for your answers Matt, they are really great !

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Matt!

Paper or plastic? Why?

Do you prefer big cities or small towns?

What's your favorite non-King book?

Is there any television series you watch regularly?

What would your dream job be?

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Matt Dude!

I too cannot adequately express how greatful and happy I am that you created this site. It is a real source of pleasure for me in a world that is a bit hard to take on some days.

(1) Do you like sunrises or sunsets best?

(2) Favorite character in The Stand?

(3) If the scenario behind The Stand ever really happened and you were a survivor, would it be Boulder, Vegas or loner for you?

(4) Now that you have met Mr. Stephen King (with me no less ), what person would you most like to meet and have a chat with?

(5) What actress, past or present, do you lust after?

(6) Are you just a wee bit excited about Vegas?

Thanks Matt!!!!!
    Hey David, thanks for the questions. I must admit, getting a chance to interact here and meet you in DC has been one of my greatest honors.

1. Sunrises by far. I am very much a morning person. I love how the sunrise allows for a new day, new possibilities.

2. Stu Redman was my most favorite character from the stand and aside from Mike Noonan, possibly my most favorite in all the King universe. Stu is the kind of guy I wouldn't mind starting up a new society, perfectly suited imo. I'm glad he went for Fran, it was meant to be. First father.

3. I would end up in Boulder for sure. It would be my sense of responsibility that took me there. I think we are much stronger as a group than we could ever be alone and there is plenty of evil all people need to Stand against.

4. King was the cats ass for sure but being there with people from the site made it extra special. He was the top of my list but I would love to meet Michael Whelan someday and introducing Dora to Nora Roberts would be cool. Writers are the coolest celebrities imo, they actually have to work for their fame.

5. Helen Hunt --I just think she is cool and that scene at the end of Castaway where she is in the rain does it for me on some level. I'm actually not too much in to actresses but if I had to choose, it would be her.

6. More than just a little. I get to see friends I've know for years and never met in person before, get to see friends again...get to party like its 1999. Its going to be the coolest gathering yet for sure. And all in Sin City, can't get any better.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I like these threads very much. We need to set up some for members somehow.
    Good answers. And yes, I've been thinking the same thing about carrying these Q&A's over to the non-staff members. I know I'd love to be asked some of the questions I've seen (and some of the ones I've asked).
    I'm going to bring it up to staff. The hard part would be making it fair and also maintaining a flow. Maybe we could gauge interest and go from there.

After the staff has finished of course.

I'm going to bring it up to staff. The hard part would be making it fair and also maintaining a flow. Maybe we could gauge interest and go from there.

After the staff has finished of course.
    Sounds good to me.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

1. Who in history (they must be dead) would you choose to sit down with and have dinner?

2. Who today (other than Sai King) would you choose to sit down with anbd have dinner?
    It was great meeting you too amigo, that little crowd we had outside was as cool as it gets.

1. I would love to have met many of this countries founding fathers but I think the man I would have like to meet the most would be Dora's father Pat. He died right before we met.

2. This sounds really boring but if I could choose a person to have dinner with alone, it would be Dora. (I know, I'm making everyone sick with this stuff but it is so true.)

I'm a really simple guy with even simpler tastes. Thanks for the questions though, they were great!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, I will come back with some good questions later (when my mind doesn't refuse to work) but let me say thank you for giving us a shelter. It means so much to all of us.
    *hug*
    Thank you.

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

It was great meeting you too amigo, that little crowd we had outside was as cool as it gets.

1. I would love to have met many of this countries founding fathers but I think the man I would have like to meet the most would be Dora's father Pat. He died right before we met.

2. This sounds really boring but if I could choose a person to have dinner with alone, it would be Dora. (I know, I'm making everyone sick with this stuff but it is so true.)

I'm a really simple guy with even simpler tastes. Thanks for the questions though, they were great!
    I have given the same answer but with my Moon. It's good to know I am not the only boring person around.
    We should have dinner together.

Roland would have understood.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

What is your middle name?

what is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

MATT!!

It is so good to know you and I'm so excited to finally meet you in person. I always felt so bummed that I missed that first campdoc camp out at your place a couple of years ago. I can't wait to give you a Dora a big hug!

What CD is in your car at the moment?

Favorite T-Shirt

Favorite concert

When do you get to see the grandbaby again?

what is your best memory of your current house? Will it be hard to sell it after all this time? Where do you want to move to?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hile Matt!

Who is your favorite super hero and why?

What is your favorite graphic novel series?

Favorite television show?

Which movie(s) can you watch over and over without getting tired of it/them?

Who is your favorite actor?

Director Dora is on a distinguished road Dora's Avatar

Your answers are so much fun, I love to read them. And since when have we not made people sick with our love for each other

Did you guys ever take family vactions when you were a kid? Where was your favorite place to go?

What is your favorite video game of all time?

What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

Do you really like my cooking? Or do you secretly think your own is way better?

When are we going back to Ridgway?

I'm still raking my brain for the "dirt" question..... But I'll come up with one have no fear.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today it is already tomorrow in Australia.

Today I choose love instead of fear.
    I choose peace instead of conflict.
    I choose to be a love finder instead of a faultfinder.
    I choose to be a love-giver instead of a love seeker.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Hi Matt!

Paper or plastic? Why?

Do you prefer big cities or small towns?

What's your favorite non-King book?

Is there any television series you watch regularly?

What would your dream job be?

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
    Hey Daggers, thanks for the questions and being you.

1. This is a hard one for me. On the one hand, we use plastic bags to line our bathroom trash cans, so I love that. On the other, I use paper bags to set cooked bacon on to drain. So I would have to say I love them equally. I'm a horrible person because I can't get into bringing my own, maybe someday.

2. Small towns, hands down. Its terribly inconvenient to live out here but every time I come to your side of the mountain I go literally insane. Traffic is my worst pet peeve and I have to have Aaron drug me just so I can get home.

3. My favorite non-King book has got to be The Outsiders. It had a pretty big influence on me as a boy and (this may sound corny) I think its important for people to try and "stay golden".

4. House and 24 are my guilty pleasures right now. I'm hoping they both have a rip roaring, edge of your seat season!!

5. My dream job would be either a stand up comedian or teaching drama at a high school. Oddly enough, I consider them very similar.

6. Rome--I would love seeing the history there. I've always wanted to go.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

3. My favorite non-King book has got to be The Outsiders. It had a pretty big influence on me as a boy and (this may sound corny) I think its important for people to try and "stay golden".
    This is one of my favorites too.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Matt, I will come back with some good questions later (when my mind doesn't refuse to work) but let me say thank you for giving us a shelter. It means so much to all of us.
    *hug*
    Thank you.
    Letti you are to this site as sunshine is to a flower, thank you for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    What is your middle name?

what is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
    1. My middle name is Kurt. My parents were going to call me that and decided not to at the last minute. I thank them every time I think of it.

2. Well, when I was in the military, I decided I could jump to the second riser of some bleechers from the ground, its not that easy. There were tons of people standing around and I missed it by *this* much. The result was a near broken leg and all the hide being shaved off the front of my shins, just about to the bone. I still carry the scar and they kept dropping me because they were laughing so hard. Fractured my elbow on the down as well.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast