Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Talisman / Black House

Traveler April'sFool is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Daddy Dearest isn't exactly known for his all-encompassing sympathy... I'll live, though.

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    They're apples and muffin-balls. The Road to the Dark Tower is Mr. Vincent's examination of the series book by book and the Concordance is the Dark Tower encyclopedia. I'm guessing Ms. Furth will be doing an update on the Concordance considering it is now not complete.
    Good point. Once the comic series is really finished (after all 30 or so), Robin will need to revise the concordance, perhaps extensively. Considering her position in the making of the comics, she may be getting the new details organised for this task as she goes along- it's what I'd do if I were her. Okay, that's not true- it's what I like to think I'd do in her position. In truth, I'd put it off as long as possible and do it all at the very last minute.
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaraJShakespeare View Post
    Good point. Once the comic series is really finished (after all 30 or so), Robin will need to revise the concordance, perhaps extensively. Considering her position in the making of the comics, she may be getting the new details organised for this task as she goes along- it's what I'd do if I were her. Okay, that's not true- it's what I like to think I'd do in her position. In truth, I'd put it off as long as possible and do it all at the very last minute.
    Also, don't forget the possibility King might novelize some of the comic books. So we actually have new Dark Tower books sometime after the end of the comic series.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit!!

I had not heard that last little bit.

And I agree, there may need to be a whole new concordance when the comic series is over. There is no entry for "the crimson queen" for instance.

And speaking of that, we need to make sure all these new players are listed in Towerpedia! with the limited information we have attached.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Holy shit!!

I had not heard that last little bit.

And I agree, there may need to be a whole new concordance when the comic series is over. There is no entry for "the crimson queen" for instance.

And speaking of that, we need to make sure all these new players are listed in Towerpedia! with the limited information we have attached.
    King mentions it in one of his QA sessions in one of the issues..I'll post which one when I get home.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

cool

Which I forgot to do...

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree. I'm still working my way through the books!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

It seems we have forgotten: this is the Talisman/Black House thread!
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    cool
    Here you go...

Last page of issue 4, middle paragraph where King is speaking - King: "What I'm saying is, I know now some things that I can do, because the Dark Tower is one book. I'd like to go back and fix it up. These people are helping me with some of the middle stuff. Who knows, I might end up novelizing the comic books." [Audience laughs and applauds]

Now, recent news from King's message board says he's decided that redoing the Dark Tower is not a priority for him anymore at the moment. But novelizing the comics? Hmmmmmmmmm possible new Dark Tower books there!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't but agree with MaraJ.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    cool
    Here you go...

Last page of issue 4, middle paragraph where King is speaking - King: "What I'm saying is, I know now some things that I can do, because the Dark Tower is one book. I'd like to go back and fix it up. These people are helping me with some of the middle stuff. Who knows, I might end up novelizing the comic books." [Audience laughs and applauds]

Now, recent news from King's message board says he's decided that redoing the Dark Tower is not a priority for him anymore at the moment. But novelizing the comics? Hmmmmmmmmm possible new Dark Tower books there!
    Thanks CK

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I liked Black House, but I LOVED The Talisman. It was the first time I got so emotionally involved in a story.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think The Talisman helped me to really get involved with The Dark Tower. I may have even read it before I read DT2. I love that story but I also really love Black House.

Lord Malshun touched my heart.

Traveler Deefuzz is on a distinguished road

I loved the Talisman. Black House was real damned good but Talisman is easily my favorite of the two. Now that I am done with the Dark Tower series I should consider reading them again, but I have many other King books involved with the tower that I have to acquire and read now.

I would like to get those special edition Talisman and Black House books I keep seeing in collection pictures (Talisman is white, Black House is black, held in a slipcase) but I have no clue where that comes from. Sometimes it sucks being a newbie. :p

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Does anyone know a tentative date for the third part of the saga? Straub and King agree to do it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Deefuzz, check here. You can find all sorts of collector info on the site - we have a great team working on it.

And if you post your question in Calvin's Corner, I'm sure someone will help you out.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Asterisco View Post
    Does anyone know a tentative date for the third part of the saga? Straub and King agree to do it.
    To my knowledge there isn't a date. I haven't even heard if they've started on it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

They better
    *shakes fist at King and Straub*

Please?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
    I would like to get those special edition Talisman and Black House books I keep seeing in collection pictures (Talisman is white, Black House is black, held in a slipcase) but I have no clue where that comes from. Sometimes it sucks being a newbie. :p
    They are still available from the publisher Grant Books for $150+ shipping.
    Here is the direct link

As mentioned by Daghain, drop by Calvin's Corner with questions; people there are happy to help.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And between them, they know just about EVERYTHING.

Default Answers for the new collector!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
    They are still available from the publisher Grant Books for $150+ shipping.
    Here is the direct link

As mentioned by Daghain, drop by Calvin's Corner with questions; people there are happy to help.
    The Talisman/Black House set comes from Grant; I believe there's a deal where you can get it with the purchase of an artist's edition of DT 7 that may still be available on the Donald M. Grant website. If not, you might be able to find one on ebay (which is where I got mine). In fact, ebay sometimes has incredible deals on this particular set- but it's worth whatever it costs. I'd have to say that it's one (well, two) of the most beautiful books I own. I also have the original Grant 2-vol. edition of The Talisman from '84, which is also quite lovely. Ebay has one of those, going for $349.00 right now, the auction ending at 9.48 PM central time. Not a bad deal; I saw another one in a local used bookstore (here in Austin) going for $500 a while back. If memory serves, there were only 1200 of them made; I don't remember how many of the more recent Talisman/Black House set there are, though. Unless you're a serious collector, you're probably better off just getting that one, as it contains the whole story to date. But since they're probably going to write a third book, perhaps the really smart thing to do would be to just stick with the mass-market editions for reading in the interim, then pick up the inevitable 3-vol. set of the whole thing from Grant whenever it comes out! I'll obviously have to buy the third book from Grant on it's own, as I don't intend to buy the first two books again!
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There were 3,500 of the Talisman/Black House gift set.
    Here are links to the King Catalog in Calvin's Corner for info on the different books:

Black House / The Talisman Gift Edition

The Talisman - Deluxe

The Talisman - S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast