Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 262 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations! Even though you outbid me!
    Me too!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I won it. Pretty happy!!
    Well done. Don't see these very often.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Mike !

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations! Even though you outbid me!
    Me too!
    And you outbid me Matt! I definitely wasn't packing enough heat for this one!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

It went to a good home!!!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've searched a long time for it.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy it my friend! And thanks for saving me some money.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done Mike. I only bid up to £210. It went up very quickly at the end! It will fit very well in your collection.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I had a snipe in place but didn't expect it to go nearly as high. I'm pretty pissed off that I missed out on it.

But I have no right to complain since I was stupid enough to sell all my UK proofs in the past. I used to own all of the ones I am now looking for again (Cujo, Christine, Thinner, Skeleton Crew, Talisman, IT and EOTD), except the UK Dead Zone.

What makes it even worse is that all of them except the UK Thinner ended up with one collector in the UK. This individual owes me lots of $$ (not for the proofs I sold him but for some other items I purchased from him but never received) but it's like he vanished in thin air. If he sends me back my proofs I'd gladly call it even but I can't reach him anymore....

Dammit!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking perhaps this website needs to form an enforcer squad...

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I got a pretty good deal on a "Twice the Power" proof this week (thanks Rusty), and in doing some homework on it was trying to determine how many copies were produced. If you search on-line, go back through the forums, and ask fellow proof collectors, the general answer you get is "Ummmm ...". Okay, that's not unusual for proofs, sometimes the numbers just aren't known. For this particular one I heard 1 to 25, read "Up to 40" and was told "nobody knows exactly".

So, what I'd like to do is just get a tally of the known proofs in collector's hands, as well as their state and if there's anything special about them (PC, signed, numbered, etc.). It's also mentioned on Barry Levin's site (www.raresf.com) that "Another state of this "presentation proof" is reported to contain yet another story from FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT"; if your's does, please let us know.

To try and reach as many as proof collectors as possible, I'm also putting this up in Cara Laughs and over at StephenKingCollector and then we'll see what kind of numbers we get. While I realize it won't be definitive, at least it'll give the collecting community a little bit better idea of what's out there.

To start it off, I have one copy (well, will when it arrives in the mail next week sometime anyway), I know Jhanic and Mr Rabbit Trick have at least one apiece, and there are two copies currently up for sale on various websites (more listings, but all for the same two copies). That makes 5 known so far. Everybody, please tell me what you've got!

George
    Hi. I would like to add my four copies of "Twice the Power" proof to your tally. Three of them contain "Secret Window, Secret Garden" and one contains "The Langoliers".

I have a memo from Gaby Naher (Hodder press secretary) outlining the marketing plan of producing four unique editions, each one containing a different story from Four Past Midnight. When the publisher realized that there was a potential copyright violation in creating a new Stephen King title, the entire advertising campaign was scrapped. Whether or not further editions were printed, and how many survived is unknown. While it is a safe bet to conclude that there is no further stories, I always like to leave the porch light on and give hope a chance. Never say never. That being said, I have yet to find either "The Sun Dog" or "The Library Policeman" in this proof.

My copy of "The Langoliers" was obtained from George Locke of Ferret Fantasy publishers in London. George was a very large Stephen King fan and amassed a rare collection of unique items. His personal friendship with Gaby secured this copy, and his documentation shows that none of his peers were given a copy of the first story.

I hope you Enjoy. Gerald

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As always, stunning inside items and informations. Thanks for sharing !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for this Gerald. I have never seen proof of the existence of Twice the Power with "The Langoliers". Now we know for sure.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Thanks for this Gerald. I have never seen proof of the existence of Twice the Power with "The Langoliers". Now we know for sure.
    I just thought there was only one version with Secret Window.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That is so cool, Gerald. I never knew there were variations of Twice The Power. Now I can't wait to get home and check my copies (although I am pretty sure they are all the same).

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That is so cool, Gerald. I never knew there were variations of Twice The Power. Now I can't wait to get home and check my copies (although I am pretty sure they are all the same).
    Hi Bob. I hope you have a different story, as that would add more intrigue. The easiest sign of a variation is the wording on the outside spine of the book. The First Story has the 4 word groupings (Author, Title, Stories, Publisher) evenly spaced across the entire spine. The Second Story has the top 3 more closely grouped towards the top with Hodder & Stoughton at the base. I think the even spacing looks better as it clearly shows the title and the stories.

Word of advice: open up your books when you receive them, especially older ones. I have found signed event cards, photos with Stephen, signatures, inscriptions, ultrasound photos, and even cash inside the pages. That may be a safe place to keep them when you own them, but some people forget to check when they sell them.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just checked my copy and it has "Secret Window, Secret Garden". Interesting to see "The Langoliers" copy.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Amazing stuff!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks very much for the update on Twice the Power. I had always heard that a different story than Secret Windows, Secret Garden was done, but yours is the first verification that it actually exists. I'm updating the listing in the first post to reflect this.

John

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. I always thought that was a myth! Thanks Gerald!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Thanks very much for the update on Twice the Power. I had always heard that a different story than Secret Windows, Secret Garden was done, but yours is the first verification that it actually exists. I'm updating the listing in the first post to reflect this.

John
    Thank you John. On a side note, I have never spoken to anyone about this proof before today. I generally don't confirm nor deny the existence of rare items, for very good reasons. I have read Barry Levin's bibliography notes from raresf.com, and I can only assume that he has either viewed, or sold, a different copy in the past. My provenance proves that he never handled this copy. It is possible he heard it from a source at Hodder, but I have no way of knowing. It would be nice to know for certain how he came about his information, and which story he heard about.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just noticed that Justin Brooks' bibliography lists it, so there may be another copy out there if you never talked about it before.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Gerald ... just wow. I don't remember, but I think the count was 25 copies when I did that survey a few years back, so your four would bring it up to 29. Checked my copy, which I'd never opened ... no such luck, plain boring old Secret Window.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Wow Gerald ... just wow. I don't remember, but I think the count was 25 copies when I did that survey a few years back, so your four would bring it up to 29. Checked my copy, which I'd never opened ... no such luck, plain boring old Secret Window.
    Yeah, join the club. So far it looks like 'The Langoliers' club has one member by the name of Gerald!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Both of my copies are "Secret Window."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 262 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast