Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 262 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Don't know, but perhaps Shibus didn't do the photo sharing opt out clause on e-bay.
    I Did. But how hard is to to save an image to your computer and modify it as you wish. I think that opt out option just keeps ebay from allowing their use.
    And don't let the opening bid fool you. I'm sure it has a hefty reserve that won't be revealed until met or put up after the auction with a buy it now. He did the same with a S/L Salem's Lot I sold him. Without knowing of a reserve it ended at around $850.00 before buyer's premium and then showed up later with a $2250.00 buy it now/best offer tag. He bought this one from me for $1026.00
    Personally, I think the sale of the book deserves the whole story. At least it gives provenance to the damage.
    Not to beat a dead horse, but Nate Sanders have a few other King item listed. One of the IT ARC they are selling looked very familiar. In fact, it's the one sold recently on ebay. Not only that, it's the same photo as the seller on Ebay posted:

http://www.natedsanders.com/ItemInfo.asp?ItemID=27537

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Seems like standard selling practise for them to cut and paste other seller's image onto their listing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Far too expensive. Here's one that's been on sale for weeks at $54

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Des...d=p3286.c0.m14

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Don't know, but perhaps Shibus didn't do the photo sharing opt out clause on e-bay.
    I Did. But how hard is to to save an image to your computer and modify it as you wish. I think that opt out option just keeps ebay from allowing their use.
    And don't let the opening bid fool you. I'm sure it has a hefty reserve that won't be revealed until met or put up after the auction with a buy it now. He did the same with a S/L Salem's Lot I sold him. Without knowing of a reserve it ended at around $850.00 before buyer's premium and then showed up later with a $2250.00 buy it now/best offer tag. He bought this one from me for $1026.00
    Personally, I think the sale of the book deserves the whole story. At least it gives provenance to the damage.
    .... and here it is on eBay again...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but Nate Sanders have a few other King item listed. One of the IT ARC they are selling looked very familiar. In fact, it's the one sold recently on ebay.
    ... as is this one...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice profit.....IF anyone buys it....

Country
    Country Flag

Nice profit indeed! My guess: these will sell for a 'best offer' price, but I have no clue as to what offers the seller will accept as reasonable... I'm sure it will be way higher than what I can afford though, which is somehow a comforting thought

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Nice profit.....IF anyone buys it....
    It will not sell anywhere near that price. I think the maximum has already been set for that condition. $1200

Country
    Country Flag

What do you guys reckon is a good price for the IT proof? I was thinking $300 (wishful thinking maybe) but certainly not $2000...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid a little over $200 for mine in fine condition.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John... I wonder whether the seller would consider that an acceptable 'best offer' but I'm not going to give it a try, at this moment.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    What do you guys reckon is a good price for the IT proof? I was thinking $300 (wishful thinking maybe) but certainly not $2000...
    I paid £125 for mine last year.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mr. RT. So based on what John and you paid, $200 seems reasonable. I will keep that in mind, the IT proof is one I want to add to my collection, someday.

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think I got my IT proof for $225 or $250 a couple years back. When I saw $2K I figured it must be signed/inscribed....nope.

Country
    Country Flag

If I hadn't bought my 2nd UK 1st/1st of The Stand copy very recently, I would have made an offer. If only to satisfy my curiosity.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think this should be posted in the Ebay BS game listing but here this is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Advanced-Proof-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

Why the BS thread you ask. Showing a picture of the before crease is completely wrong in my book. Shame on Nate. He did not IRON out that crease. That is a before picture.

OK, I'm done ranting

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kacod View Post
    I think I got my IT proof for $225 or $250 a couple years back. When I saw $2K I figured it must be signed/inscribed....nope.
    There's a signed/inscribed one on Abe right now for $900, but it's poor quality.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kacod View Post
    There's a signed/inscribed one on Abe right now for $900, but it's poor quality.
    Here's the linik for this one (it's actually on Alibris, but who cares?):

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.de...wmC.8gfzGNUxFA

Ignore the picture on the listing.

I agree, it's very poor quality and, in my opinion, not worth the price.

John

Country
    Country Flag

It's on ABE, Alibrus, Biblio and Addall to name but 4

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay. I found it on AddAll, but that only listed the Alibris listing. No big thing, though.

John

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

the last IT proof sold on ebay for about $220 approx. 4 weeks ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks as if they changed the image at auction as well as their own site. They must have gotten a few complaints. New images are on their own site.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Well, I think this should be posted in the Ebay BS game listing but here this is:

Why the BS thread you ask. Showing a picture of the before crease is completely wrong in my book. Shame on Nate. He did not IRON out that crease. That is a before picture.

OK, I'm done ranting

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    the last IT proof sold on ebay for about $220 approx. 4 weeks ago.
    Yes, that's the one we were discussing, which is now up with a BIN price of $2000.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    It looks as if they changed the image at auction as well as their own site. They must have gotten a few complaints. New images are on their own site.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

OK, I'm done ranting

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I was one of the complaints. I hated doing that to Nate but he knew darn well the picture he posted did not match the condition of the book as it stands now.

For those who didn't catch what was going on......Nate posted a before damage picture he took from Shibus and was using it in the auction. After complaints he put the new picture showing the damage.

I feel better now

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, shame on him. Seriously. Glad he fixed it, but he should have done it the honest way to begin with. I don't know the seller at all, and now I won't ever trust him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 262 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast