Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 261 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 6521

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Opportunity if you don't have it yet, $499 BIN:

Full Dark No Stars Black Internal Office Proof (only 10 made) https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARC-UNCORRE...8AAOSw3BBeYrqX

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Darn it! I came this close to buying that, but I owe so many people money now it's ridiculous.
    It makes me made too because I thought I had all the CD proofs on FDNS.
    Oh well, you can't win them all.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Darn it! I came this close to buying that, but I owe so many people money now it's ridiculous.
    It makes me made too because I thought I had all the CD proofs on FDNS.
    Oh well, you can't win them all.
    I picked up my copy a couple of years ago and considered myself very lucky to get it then. I THINK this is the one where 5 of the 10 were actually used which only left 5 available for the collecting world … I'd have to go back and dig through messages to confirm that though.

Congrats to whoever picked it up, hopefully it was someone here!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For the second time in two weeks, another chance to pick up the CD Full Dark No Stars Black Inter-Office Proof, only 10 made and this one coming directly from CD:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Re...720?nav=SEARCH

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody else think it's sort of weird the the same publisher who created the "not for sale" advance reader is also selling the "not for sale" advance reader.
    I dunno, that seems sort of off to me.. my apologies if this is for some sort of fundraiser that I'm unaware of.
    Also if I'm just being anal, feel free to post & let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    For the second time in two weeks, another chance to pick up the CD Full Dark No Stars Black Inter-Office Proof, only 10 made and this one coming directly from CD:

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Far be it for me to speak for CD but I believe BJF has a problem with the proofs being sold before the book has been published. Maybe not so much after it's published? Again, I don't know but maybe he might like to chime in and give us his thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Far be it for me to speak for CD but I believe BJF has a problem with the proofs being sold before the book has been published. Maybe not so much after it's published? Again, I don't know but maybe he might like to chime in and give us his thoughts....
    No publisher wants ARCs being sold pre-publication, and many will cut off "reviewers" who are only asking for ARCs to sell them. After publication, they're just books and people can do whatever they want with them.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You're being anal! I agree 100% with what Tommy says above, the intent is not to have them sold prior to release. But years after publication when they're just taking up shelf space, why not make collectors happy by releasing them and make a couple of bucks in the process? That would be my guess anyway.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    No publisher wants ARCs being sold pre-publication, and many will cut off "reviewers" who are only asking for ARCs to sell them. After publication, they're just books and people can do whatever they want with them.

Brian
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Does anybody else think it's sort of weird the the same publisher who created the "not for sale" advance reader is also selling the "not for sale" advance reader.
    I dunno, that seems sort of off to me.. my apologies if this is for some sort of fundraiser that I'm unaware of.
    Thanks for asking! The "not for sale" part refers to pre-publication. After that, folks can sell the books or use them as toilet paper if they so choose. (Although I'd recommend starting with the Twilight YA series first if you need toilet paper...)

We're auctioning off various things from staffers who are paring down and preparing for the economic downturn that is coming. Some of these items are going to include rare production materials and PCs.

In general, I'm a big believer in letting items like this get out into the hands of a collector who actually wants it instead of sitting in a taped up box in storage for the next 100 years... like most of the items currently listed for sale on our eBay account were going to be!

Thanks for asking and giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts!

https://www.ebay.com/usr/cdancepub

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

You're being anal!
    OMG... we have a on here? That. Changes. Everything.

Brian

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May I add that they also put all item to 0.99 or 9.99?
    So that barely / not even covers shipping cost, and then it's the market that dictates the price...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

So that barely / not even covers shipping cost, and then it's the market that dictates the price...
    I actually disagree that the market dictates the price for CD auctions.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Totally agree with you on this. The market does not dictate a CD auction... it is a real anomaly.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Totally agree with you on this. The market does not dictate a CD auction... it is a real anomaly.
    I agree as well. Having a huge list of casual collectors who really trust you makes a real impact. I've often wondered what would happen if we started auctioning items off on behalf of other collectors...

Brian

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my UK proof of "If it bleeds". I guess that there must be about 250 of them.
    Embargoed written on the pages.
    Otherwise nothing very special. EXCEPT that the 4 different stories are on pageblocks of different colors, and I think that it's quite nice

I'll try to share some pix after work
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my UK proof of "If it bleeds". I guess that there must be about 250 of them.
    Embargoed written on the pages.
    Otherwise nothing very special. EXCEPT that the 4 different stories are on pageblocks of different colors, and I think that it's quite nice

I'll try to share some pix after work
    cool, congrats. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks very cool! Can't wait to get mine!

I'm not receiving anything these days due to the quarantine. It's very likely I'll have to pay A LOT once shipments are back, since several kilos will be stored.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I need to thin the herd. I'd like to sell as a set. Open to offers. Let me know if you need more photos.

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just listed on Ebay the UK Proof-If It Bleeds! With Publisher's Letter. Unread.
    If interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I just listed on Ebay the UK Proof-If It Bleeds! With Publisher's Letter. Unread.
    If interested!
    Very cool! Did they number the UK review copies?

Country
    Country Flag

Mine is

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

From a collectors point of view. Does it matter if the number is low or high or dosn't it matter?

Lilja

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    From a collectors point of view. Does it matter if the number is low or high or dosn't it matter?

Lilja
    Maybe proof collectors are a different lot, but in my experience, while some people would prefer to have a lower number over a higher one, very few are willing to pay for it. Almost no one prefers a higher number to a lower one, unless it happens to match "their" number. So I'd say for the majority of people, the number itself doesn't matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 261 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 ... LastLast