Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 262 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Just added the proof version of The New Lieutenant's Rap. Here's the desciption:

Bangor, Maine: Stephen King / Philtrum Press, 1999, 1st Edition, 1st Printing, Limited Edition . ----------trade paperback size softcover, string tied, a Fine copy, issued in an edition of 500 signed and numbered copies but this is one of 24 PROOF COPIES initialed and numbered by ALPERT, laid in is the folded sheet about this proof production, all copies are rare, later collected in HEARTS of ATLANTIS in a revised version, any image directly beside this listing is the actual book and not a generic photo. First Edition. Soft Cover. Fine. Illus. by Uncredited Cover Art.
    I'd never even heard of this before.

John
    John-

This is the numbered proof of the Rap. There were 500 S/L at the Carrie 25th Anniversary party at Tavern on the Green in NYC, also 24 proofs that were numbered in pencil and signed by Alpert and then an unknown number of proofs that were not numbered or initialed. I have all 3.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, David!

John

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have 6/24 of the proof, though I may have paid too much for it.

The uncredited cover art is a confusing statement, I was under the impression that Michael Albert made and stamped the peace sign on these.

Karl

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    I have 6/24 of the proof, though I may have paid too much for it.

The uncredited cover art is a confusing statement, I was under the impression that Michael Albert made and stamped the peace sign on these.

Karl
    I have # 14/24.

Michael Albert stamped the peace sign on the envelopes.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh.

So the "cover art" would be a drawn peace sign by Michael, then printed?
    I looked at mine again, and though it is metallic silver ink, there is no indentation that I can see. Why I am thinking printed.

Karl

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

John, can you post a pic of it? I'd love to see it!

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

New Lieutenant's Rap proof.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How cool. THANK YOU!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have #22 of 24

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

19/24 here.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will have to look when I get home. Might not have one??? Wild?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I will have to look when I get home. Might not have one??? Wild?
    can't believe it would be true!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looked all over...I have two signed limiteds but not one of the 1 of 24 Alpers signed proofs...better add that to my want list!

Country
    Country Flag

Mine is for sale at an overly exorbitant price.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that absurdly overly exorbitant or merely overly exorbitant?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Most definitely absurdly overly exorbitant.

Edit: (I got wood just writing that!)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I spoke with Dave Hutcheson-what a great source for info on SK items.
    Turns out the 24 "proofs" actually came out a year and a half to two years AFTER the actual party/signed Raps. Looks like they had some "lying around" that were not signed and Alpers initialed them and called them "Proofs". Originally they were $250.00 and after talking to two other large collectors looks like the max value is around $500-$750. So I'm told. Nice to know the background. Dave was very informative on the topic. I currently have two signed and numbered Rap's along with the signed book(Tom Gordon), necklace, envelope and letter.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whats the price range on the royal blue UK proof for Hearts in Atlantis?

I stumbled upon one at a used book store today. Its not in fine condition, but not terrible either.

Country
    Country Flag

They sell for about £10-£15 on ebay UK.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say an average of $40-50 in near fine condition. They're fairly common. If the one you got is good or very good, I'd say $10-15.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I will sell a Very Fine copy to anyone for $40.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favourite King books - got the US proof last year from a Greg (Shibus) you all know well, and picked up the UK proof from another Greg (Geemann 1 - a great seller on Ebay) just last week.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The rare white proof of Blockade Billy.

Front:

Back

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 262 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast