Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 262 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Another really scarce one is for the US edition of FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT. Most collectors have the one with glossy dark blue wrappers and white lettering. There is one with light blue, non-glossy, wrappers and dark (black?) lettering. Hutch has one. I've never seen another.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I guess I just haven't been around long enough to seen any on the market but what about the scarcity of the UK Different Seasons, UK Thinner and US Skeleton Crew?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I guess I just haven't been around long enough to seen any on the market but what about the scarcity of the UK Different Seasons, UK Thinner and US Skeleton Crew?
    They are all scarce but you can usually find a US SKELETON CREW for sale if you are patient and willing to pay $600 to $700 or so for a nice copy.

I've got a copy of the UK DIFFERENT SEASONS proof in my collection and it is the only one I have ever seen. I bought it from Chris Cavalier (who bought it from Charlie Fried) a few years ago. I think it is one of the really scarce ones.

I've got a couple of copies of the UK THINNER proof in my collection so I don't think it is as scarce but certainly it is not common.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I remember seeing a photo of the UK Different Seasons from your collection. Good stuff!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated the quantities for the Blockade Billy proofs.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Jhanic- excuse my newbie-ness...where is that information?
    Also, didn't you win a Tor proof edition of "He is Legend" w/ sig. sheets?
    Have any idea of how many of those are floating around?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Check the first post in this thread for the info. I want you to understand that I don't own all these--it's as complete a list as I can get.

It appears there are only two of the He Is Legend proofs with the sheets. I got an email from Gauntlet last week stating he is privately auctioning off another copy. I'm sure there will be other copies floating around without the sheets eventually.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Cujo, look up the first post of this thread - it is being updated continuously so that all proof info is organized in a single comprehensive list. A great resource!

*edit* John beat me to it

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy cow! That is an awesome resource! Thank you very much for putting it together!

I was wondering about the Tor proof He Is Legend with the sheets because I have one. If Gauntlet is privately auctioning off another one, then there are at least 3.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the relevant part of the Gauntlet Press newsletter that I got May 12:

Auction: Galley of Trade Edition of He Is Legend
    There is going to be a trade edition of He is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson published by TOR this fall. However, unlike our limited edition the trade will not include “Conjure Wife” by Richard Matheson and Charles Beaumont. The rest of the book remains intact.

We have received two galleys (Advanced Reading Copies). We auctioned one off on eBay and will auction the other through this newsletter. What makes the galley unique is we are including tipsheets from the signed numbered limited edition (signed by all but Richard Matheson). Signers include Stephen King and Joe Hill. With just two such copies they will increase in value rapidly.

As with all of our auctions we will accept just one bid per customer, so make it your best (the copy on eBay sold for just under $400). Send all bids to info@gauntletpress.com and in the subject matter mention “He Is Legend Galley Bid”. Bids start at $299, and must be submitted by May 19, 2010. Good luck!
    Where did you get your copy?

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could be Barry pulling another one of his scams.

Remember when he had only 1 copy of the Gauntlet proof available, and everyone who bid "won" one?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I got mine from Ebay. Gauntlet press was the seller (Gaunt69 I believe).

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's where I got mine also. Looks like Barry is having a bit of trouble with the facts again!

John

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Remember when he had only 1 copy of the Gauntlet proof available, and everyone who bid "won" one?
    Well that's interesting. You have my attention.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I see the US SKELETON CREW cover is stated as being light orange. Mine is all yellow. Are there two different SC proofs?
    Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 05-17-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I only know of the one. If you check out the picture of my proof (post # 36 in my Collections thread) it looks more olive green. I'll have to check my copy again. It looks as if I could have made a mistake in the color in the listing. Could you post a picture of your yellow proof?

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo56 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Well that's interesting. You have my attention.
    Back in November of 2008, Barry announced that he had a copy of the ARC of He Is Legend available for auction. It turned out that everyone who bid on it was able to get one at their bid price. I think at least between six and ten copies were made available, maybe even more. Looks like he's up to his old games.

John

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Makes me wonder how many signed sheets he has laying around to pair up with the ARCs.

That bugs me. Why doesn't he just truthfully say how many copies he has?
    I understand that the less copies there are, the more they may possible increase the value, but in the end, it's gonna comeback to him.
    things like this makes me even more grateful that I found this site.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I only know of the one. If you check out the picture of my proof (post # 36 in my Collections thread) it looks more olive green. I'll have to check my copy again. It looks as if I could have made a mistake in the color in the listing. Could you post a picture of your yellow proof?

John
    Picture is at THE COLLECTOR'S site.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That is sure a yellow color! It's the only one I've seen. I'll make the change to the listing to change the color of the one I have and to add the yellow one.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Just received the Scribner Dreamcatcher proof, bringing my grand total to fifteen US proofs and ten UK proofs. Still a long way to go, but someday I will have a good collection! I'm glad to say that I have seven other proofs coming between now and July (three US and four UK), among which several really nice and scarce ones... and I still haven't bought some of the easier proofs that have been on ABE and the like for ages, so I'm not worrying about those. By the end of the year, I hope to have a collection of about 25 US en 20 UK proofs.

*edit* I got a good deal on the Dreamcatcher proof. It cost me $9.95 and the seller decided to charge me domestic shipping costs ($4) while the actual shipping costs alone were $13.45.

Country
    Country Flag

PS ur2nd, would you consider also posting the images from The Collector's forum here? Just right-click on the image over there and copy the link, and paste it here with the yellow image button. You have an amazing collection!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! And your insanely mint books never cease to amaze me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 262 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast