+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 262 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fingers crossed for no damage!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob
    so how did the proof arrive? My guess was ok.....

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It HAS to be in good shape! I've NEVER received a book from Greg that did not arrived in perfect shape! He always bubble wraps everything to perfection. I imagine it was insured also?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No damage to the contents...... which turned out to be a pair of size 12 stilettos

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Well, unfortunately you are all wrong. I held out some hope as I began to open the box but as I got deeper and saw that all the packaging material was crumpled I began to fear the worst.

The book is permanently damaged. It suffered a severe crushing blow resulting in permanent folds, creasing and even a tear on the spine.

The pictures below show the damage. I am more disappointed/angry this morning than I was yesterday. Yesterday I was just in shock/disbelief.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh shit. Thats terrible Bob. Surely insurance should take care of the $$ issue, but I'm sure thats the least of your concerns right now.

Was this a proof you needed for your collection, or just an extra copy and you already had one?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Ahh shit. Thats terrible Bob. Surely insurance should take care of the $$ issue, but I'm sure thats the least of your concerns right now.

Was this a proof you needed for your collection, or just an extra copy and you already had one?
    It was only the second or third copy I had ever heard of. It is a proof EVERYONE needs for their collection. Mike Pasiuk has the only other one that I know of and maybe a UK dealer who is asking a ridiculous price.

Losing this one is a disaster from a collector's viewpoint.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is shocking Bob. Money can never compensate for the "loss" of such a rare item.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Unfortunately...if you file an insurance claim...they take the package and all contents and destroy them. I have never heard of a claim where they didn't...but you may want to contact the post office and check with them.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Horrible.....
    That's why I constantly tell the people who ship me stuff-especially from foreign countries-that our post office can indeed have lots of issues. Lucky for me I have a mail carrier who seems to care and watches my "stuff" closely. I give her a Christmas card with money in it every year. BUT this was not the carriers fault-somewhere along the way the post office ruined it.
    Simply horrible...I feel for you Bob.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's terrible! I feel so sorry for you, Bob.

John

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

jesus bob, im gutted for you. any other package but this one. my jaw dropped when i saw the 1st photo of it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Agh -- that's horrible. Sorry to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Unfortunately...if you file an insurance claim...they take the package and all contents and destroy them. I have never heard of a claim where they didn't...but you may want to contact the post office and check with them.
    I appreciate all the messages of condolance (sp?).

Fortunately I was dealing with a first class seller and gentleman, Greg Stanton (shibus). I have already received a full refund.

As to the postal insurance it is in Greg's hands as he was the one who purchased the insurance. I'll be shipping the book back to him soon and it will be his decision to file a claim or not.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so sorry to hear that.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh damn, that's horrible Bob! It hurts just seeing that book like that. I can only imagine how you must feel.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible in all regards. As said, there aren't even a handful of these known to exist, and that number has been reduced by one.

Knowing the Post Office, Greg will have his hands full receiving proper reimbursement.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

will the copy be destroyed at the post office once it's value is reinbursed?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Ari, yes, if he is filing an insurance claim...Bob, save all the packaging...you should take it to your post office and have Grag file a claim at his. The post office will work it out. But, the book, sad to say, is now gone...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Ari, yes, if he is filing an insurance claim...Bob, save all the packaging...you should take it to your post office and have Grag file a claim at his. The post office will work it out. But, the book, sad to say, is now gone...
    I'm saving everything and am waiting on instructions from Greg as to what he wants me to do. This is really a sad thing.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah Bob, save the box and all wrapping materials (bubble wrap, peanuts, etc.).

I feel crappy just reading this thread. That just sucks about the proof--especially such an elusive one. At least you got a refund even though the proof would've been better.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sickened by your loss Bob, and for Greg too. He is a first-class collector as well. That's a real shame.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

KUDOS to Greg for the money back to Bob.
    I'm not sure everyone in the world would have done that.
    That speaks volumes for him.
    I've always known Greg to be outstanding.....

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Greg is one of the good great guys!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 262 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast