Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 262 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I have unbound galleys for the CD edition of Carrie. They are uncut and labelled "1st Proof". Not numbered. Would they be worth anything?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I have unbound galleys for the CD edition of Carrie. They are uncut and labelled "1st Proof". Not numbered. Would they be worth anything?
    These have literally no value. Please forward them to me and I will recycle them for you.
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HJ, these were mainly distributed by way of a "Stephen King grab bag," offered several years back by Cemetery Dance. Based on my notes, CD issued the unbound proofs of "Carrie" in a "1st proof," and "2nd proof." Other unbound proofs distributed in the grab bag were Blockade Billy, Secretary of Dreams Vol. 1 and 2, Full Dark No Stars, IT, The Dark Man, and Doctor Sleep. They certainly have value, although you need to find the right collector. Naturally, the value also depends somewhat on the title. My guess is that the unbound proof of IT would command the highest prices and The Dark Man the lowest, but I'm just one voice. Values on all these are hard to determine because there aren't many out there and you don't see many offered for sale.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorfanTom View Post
    These have literally no value. Please forward them to me and I will recycle them for you.
    I'd hate to bother you with such an arduous chore. I'll just put it through the shredder next to me, here.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    HJ, these were mainly distributed by way of a "Stephen King grab bag," offered several years back by Cemetery Dance. Based on my notes, CD issued the unbound proofs of "Carrie" in a "1st proof," and "2nd proof." Other unbound proofs distributed in the grab bag were Blockade Billy, Secretary of Dreams Vol. 1 and 2, Full Dark No Stars, IT, The Dark Man, and Doctor Sleep. They certainly have value, although you need to find the right collector. Naturally, the value also depends somewhat on the title. My guess is that the unbound proof of IT would command the highest prices and The Dark Man the lowest, but I'm just one voice. Values on all these are hard to determine because there aren't many out there and you don't see many offered for sale.
    Thanks very much! A lot of great info there. This is the only unbound proof I have - and I did, indeed, get it in a grab bag - but I don't collect them, and so will probably sell it. I'll see if I can find any comparable sales.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Makes me regret never buying those grab bags!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

They are a crap shoot. Some have some real gems - a recent one included a Suntup Rosemary's Baby AGE! - some are a whole bunch of nothing. Depending on what you collect, of course.

I've tended to give them a miss lately, preferring to save the money for something specific I'm looking for. But every now and then I'll take a chance.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I love the idea of those unbound proofs, but with my luck, I could buy 10 grab bags and get nothing I like, and I simply can't take the chance of throwing away my money.
    Not that I haven't thrown money away in the past.

I really wanted those last two DUMA KEY proofs offered on E-Bay, but they both went way beyond what I was able to pay (at this time).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I love the idea of those unbound proofs, but with my luck, I could buy 10 grab bags and get nothing I like, and I simply can't take the chance of throwing away my money.
    Not that I haven't thrown money away in the past.

I really wanted those last two DUMA KEY proofs offered on E-Bay, but they both went way beyond what I was able to pay (at this time).
    I know! I was so surprised that DUMA KEY went for $386.00!!! It gives me hope that there is life in the proof market. For the past couple of years, it has been somewhat soft because so many of the original proof collectors have acquired most of the proofs on their want list or started divesting their collections. I've also noted greater interest in proofs on some of the FB pages, too. I think the rare proofs, like the Pink UK Talisman, any of the Gunslinger proofs, and the many other, hard to find proofs will always maintain interest and be in demand because supply is so short. Needless to say, it is certainly a niche area of King collecting, but definitely a fun one in that the chase is like no other. It is so fun to read this thread from the beginning and see the excitement from jhanic, carlosdetweiler, pasiuk57, olverts, and others as they discovered "new" proofs which were not known to previously exist. It's been a long time since someone made one of those posts, but I remain hopeful. While it is a slippery slope, if you haven't started collecting proofs, I encourage you to start!

I love proofs.
    The first one I bought was a Piers Anthony book. I can still remember looking at it and marveling at the thing. It was red.
    I passed on a CARRIE proof. It had a spine crease or two and I thought I'd get one in better shape later on.
    That shows you what I knew back then. I also passed on the GREEN MILE proofs, I can't remember why.
    I hope I'm wiser now.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post

I received the unbound proof of DR. Sleep, I was so disappointed in the book. I sent it to Bob Jackson (gratis). To me it was a LARGE stack of papers. Looked like a photocopy!

And I wanted to be a part of history! I also sent him a signed revival (cheap). Two of my items are living in his collection!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone's interested, I've got an unbound proof of The Secretary of Dreams (Vol. 1) labeled as "2nd Proof."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I added a number of items to the listing:

It comb bound three volume manuscript
    Riding the Bullet CD comb bound manuscript
    UK Return of THE KING excerpt from DT V Wolves of the Calla booklet
    UK Under the Dome promo booklet
    Under the Dome three volume bound manuscript
    Sleeping Beauties two volume manuscript

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Any stories behind these John? Pictures? That's a helluva drop for one day.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    These are items that a member emailed me. I won't post the pics--that's up to him to share if he wants to.

John

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I'm interested in buying if someone has this.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

From a Buick 8 by Stephen King * Advance ARC * First Edition Uncorrected Proof

Pre-Owned
    $150.00
    Jun-30 11:09or Best Offer
    +$5.00 shipping

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

These are items that a member emailed me. I won't post the pics--that's up to him to share if he wants to.

John
    Dear Constant Proof Reader, please consider posting photos and/or the stories behind them, or allowing John to do it anonymously for you. I'd also be happy to do same if you'd like. Thank you! George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Dear Constant Proof Reader, please consider posting photos and/or the stories behind them, or allowing John to do it anonymously for you. I'd also be happy to do same if you'd like. Thank you! George
    George, I was the one who contacted John and will post pics in my collection thread. Happy that you are interested in seeing them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, should have known it was you Jeff but John was being all secretive! Phenomenal drops as always, you are one helluva collector. Do you have a list of wants for proofs and manuscripts? I come across manuscripts every in awhile but don't collect except for the CD unbounds. Proofs I always look out for, but haven't bought many recently ... last was the Blockade Billy white covers.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, should have known it was you Jeff but John was being all secretive! Phenomenal drops as always, you are one helluva collector. Do you have a list of wants for proofs and manuscripts? I come across manuscripts every in awhile but don't collect except for the CD unbounds. Proofs I always look out for, but haven't bought many recently ... last was the Blockade Billy white covers.
    George, thanks for the kind comments about the collection. As you know, I love collecting proofs and manuscripts, but as you are aware they are an incredible challenge to find, particularly the scarce ones. Right now, I am also focused on collecting folded and gathered editions of different King books, but they are even more difficult to find. Definitely a niche area of collecting, but I enjoy seeing the book to be in its pre-publication state. Feel free to hit me up if you see something you think I might like that you are going to pass on by. There are a couple of things I'd love to own, but can't pry them out of their current caretakers hands.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Added Zombie's variant CD Carrie proof.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default CD Carrie proof, variant cover

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Added Zombie's variant CD Carrie proof.

John

I feel like I should have found this thread a long time ago but was too lazy to find it!
    I got here looking for more info on this CD Carrie proof with variant cover art.
    they seem to have been included in CD Grab bags? So far I have counted four copies including my own.
    I want to go back and read this entire thread now.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll modify the listing for this item from one known copy to very scarce. As I said, I've never seen it before.

You might want to check out my collection thread. It has all the proofs that I own.

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...-jhanic-proofs

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen that cover before, but didn't realize it was a variant. Checked my copy, but its boring old flaming gymnasium Carrie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 262 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 ... LastLast