Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Most Difficult Riddle I've Ever Faced

Gunslinger Apprentice NemelChelovek is on a distinguished road NemelChelovek's Avatar

Yeah, unless that was in and of itself a clue, like "philosophy" or something, calling those who don't get it shallow-minded probably isn't going to make anyone want to try very hard.

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    so i'm gonna be as nice as I can be...no, i'm not giving away the answer.

The answer ends in -gry. The answer does not end in -gry. It is something you use every day. It is used in the riddle itself. It is not named in the riddle. It makes no sense to a shallow mind. It will make perfect sense when the answer is revealed. Before you ask: yes, technically there are multiple answers. However, in the context of the riddle, there is but one. Therefore, there is one answer, that you have heard before, that you are seeing right now as you read, that you say/use every day, that not only ends in -gry but does not contain a single one of those letters. It will remain elusive, I'm sure, but I daren't give any other clues. i would have to give out the answer to make you see.

Seems kinda...insulting.

Oh well, your prejudgement, your loss.

I will guess a shallow "the."

I'm sure she meant nothing by it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BeDaN View Post

The answer ends in -gry. The answer does not end in -gry. It is something you use every day. It is used in the riddle itself. It is not named in the riddle. It makes no sense to a shallow mind. It will make perfect sense when the answer is revealed. Before you ask: yes, technically there are multiple answers. However, in the context of the riddle, there is but one. Therefore, there is one answer, that you have heard before, that you are seeing right now as you read, that you say/use every day, that not only ends in -gry but does not contain a single one of those letters. It will remain elusive, I'm sure, but I daren't give any other clues. i would have to give out the answer to make you see.

Seems kinda...insulting.

I'm sure she meant nothing by it.
    I'm sure he didn't also.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

the very fact that you would view it that way is proof of how shallow your mind is, actually. although that was most assuredly not the context it was used in.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

the very fact that you would view it that way is proof of how shallow your mind is, actually. although that was most assuredly not the context it was used in.
    If it was an unintended offense that's cool bro, but it is not totally unreasonable for someone who doesn't know you to interpret it how they did.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Brooding

Seems kinda...insulting.

as you notice, "the" is named several times in the riddle.

My Mood
    Brooding

eh i'm not gonna get into some big f'ing dustup over it. it doesn't have all that much to do with anything ne ways.

to be fair...one final clue, truly the final clue, to make up for whatever perceived slight that may have been...but mostly because i want this fuckin riddle over with.

the answer does not *ahem* always end in -gry.

My Mood
    Brooding

now please, somebody put it all together.

There are three words in the English language that end in the letters 'gry'. The first two are angry and hungry. The third is something that you use every day. The answer is in the riddle.
    think of something the average human being uses every day that is also used in the riddle itself. It does indeed end in g-r-y, and the letters are indeed in that exact order. It's just not what you at first would think.
    OK...you already know the word must end in -gry. yes, ONLY those three letters, and only in that order. it IS a trick question, in a manner of speaking. you DO use it every day, if you aren't mute; it is a way any average american or brit expresses him/herself in a certain situation thus given to speak. it is NOT a trick in the sense of it being something absurd such as a number or a word actually quoted in the riddle, although i would assume the correct letters are there in some sequence as they're all fairly common letters; however this is irrelevant. this is really all the more information i'm willing to purvey.
    to really fuck with you, i should tell you that the answer actually contains none of those three letters at all, and yet, ends in them. let's see what literary genius hits the jackpot.
    lmao sorry. honestly, it took me almost three years to get the answer when it was posed to me. i was sitting, staring at it on a piece of paper, trying to figure out some form of bullshit or buggery that was eluding my grasp, and all of a sudden a certain thought related to the riddle popped into my head and i told my mom what it was, then a light bulb went off and i was like, "holy shit! THAT'S the answer!!"
    (yes, that post was actually a clue)

Therefore, no, "words" is incorrect.

Valiant, effort, nevertheless, to think laterally.
    (this should give it dead the fuck away, being the only indirect clue i've given. wouldn't you think that fact would be a clue unto itself?)

the answer does not *ahem* always end in -gry.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

With all the contradictions listed above, I'm not surprised no one has come up with the answer...

First you say the answer MUST end in -gry.
    then you say the answer actually contains none of those three letters at all
    and then you say the answer does not *ahem* always end in -gry.

I guess my mind is too shallow to figure that out...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Along the Path of the Beam Depren is on a distinguished road Depren's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

damn this is annoyingly hard, looked at it yesterday and haven't stopped thinking about it, and have no idea (but i did figure out i may be shallow haha) the answer really can't be that obvious.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn...twist the knife will ya!

Fuck it...you are right, not worth it.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice NemelChelovek is on a distinguished road NemelChelovek's Avatar

the very fact that you would view it that way is proof of how shallow your mind is, actually.
    Well, hey, I sure am motivated now...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thats, is the answer.....right?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Maturins_Daughter View Post
    With all the contradictions listed above, I'm not surprised no one has come up with the answer...

you took that first line out of context.

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Depren View Post
    damn this is annoyingly hard, looked at it yesterday and haven't stopped thinking about it, and have no idea (but i did figure out i may be shallow haha) the answer really can't be that obvious.
    at this point, it should be. hence the Spoiler with the answer.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't believe so... here is the full quote with that line at the forefront. And you'll note that every one of your so-called clues and even the riddle itself leads one to think that the answer is ONE WORD...

OK...you already know the word must end in -gry. yes, ONLY those three letters, and only in that order. it IS a trick question, in a manner of speaking. you DO use it every day, if you aren't mute; it is a way any average american or brit expresses him/herself in a certain situation thus given to speak. it is NOT a trick in the sense of it being something absurd such as a number or a word actually quoted in the riddle, although i would assume the correct letters are there in some sequence as they're all fairly common letters; however this is irrelevant. this is really all the more information i'm willing to purvey.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I give, I'm having trouble thinking of anything else at all. I'll check in later to see how your all doing.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Brooding

I don't believe so... here is the full quote with that line at the forefront. And you'll note that every one of your so-called clues and even the riddle itself leads one to think that the answer is ONE WORD...

by saying the word must end in -gry, i'm saying that it must be a word that ends in -gry, not that that the word itself absolutely must do so. altho i'll grant you this is a poor clue in retrospect.

and it is ONE word. i never dispute that in any way.

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I give, I'm having trouble thinking of anything else at all. I'll check in later to see how your all doing.
    i'm gonna leave this fucker posted until someone legitimately guesses w/o viewing the spoiler. altho i admit it's making me do a bit of this

hell, if nothing else, i would like to see how long it survives.

My Mood
    Brooding

fuck this. i don't even care. fuck it. link to THIS bitch right here--> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=4600 fuck the spoiler....i don't give a shit...this is ridiculous...when i was a kid the lack of ability to answer wasn't so absurd...oh fuck it. just pass this bitch off as solved and can it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4