Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Most Difficult Riddle I've Ever Faced

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Certified by Oxford doesn't mean "in everyday use"...

You said above
    i should tell you that the answer actually contains none of those three letters at all, and yet, ends in them.
    So the answer is one word that doesn't contain the letters in question, and yet it ends in the letters... ? How does that make sense?

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

once the answer is revealed, it will make perfect sense. I actually used the answer in the riddle. more than once.

Along the Path of the Beam Richie is on a distinguished road Richie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are three words in the English language that end in the letters 'gry'. The first two are angry and hungry. The third is something that you use every day. The answer is in the riddle

The answer is gry

My Mood
    Brooding

wrong. not a word.

Along the Path of the Beam Richie is on a distinguished road Richie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh ok then

My Mood
    Brooding

i imagine that once the answer is figured out somebody's gonna wanna bitchslap me

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'm always willing to do that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Brooding

how in the hell is your sig that long? i try and it tells me "too many characters".

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll PM you.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Brooding

so i'm gonna be as nice as I can be...no, i'm not giving away the answer.

The answer ends in -gry. The answer does not end in -gry. It is something you use every day. It is used in the riddle itself. It is not named in the riddle. It makes no sense to a shallow mind. It will make perfect sense when the answer is revealed. Before you ask: yes, technically there are multiple answers. However, in the context of the riddle, there is but one. Therefore, there is one answer, that you have heard before, that you are seeing right now as you read, that you say/use every day, that not only ends in -gry but does not contain a single one of those letters. It will remain elusive, I'm sure, but I daren't give any other clues. i would have to give out the answer to make you see.

Gunslinger Apprentice leaveittobeezer is on a distinguished road leaveittobeezer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is the answer "words"
    There are words that end in -gry, & we use words every day. Just so u know I've been reading this thread for the last couple of days with a death-grip on my trusty bottle of Excedrin.
    "The Man in Black fled across the desert, and June Carter followed"

Gunslinger Apprentice leaveittobeezer is on a distinguished road leaveittobeezer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nm u posted like a split second b4 i did

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

*takes another Percocet*

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    There are three words in the English language that end in the letters 'gry'. The first two are angry and hungry. The third is something that you use every day. The answer is in the riddle.

The answer ends in -gry. The answer does not end in -gry. It is something you use every day. It is used in the riddle itself. It is not named in the riddle. It makes no sense to a shallow mind. It will make perfect sense when the answer is revealed. Before you ask: yes, technically there are multiple answers. However, in the context of the riddle, there is but one. Therefore, there is one answer, that you have heard before, that you are seeing right now as you read, that you say/use every day, that not only ends in -gry but does not contain a single one of those letters. It will remain elusive, I'm sure, but I daren't give any other clues. i would have to give out the answer to make you see.
    Therefore, no, "words" is incorrect.

Valiant, effort, nevertheless, to think laterally.

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    *takes another Percocet*

:snatches 10:

Country
    Country Flag

adjectives?

My Mood
    Brooding

what the-? waaaaaaaaaay off on tangents there. i was about to put you in the starting lineup, but now i'm not sure i want you off the water cooler!

still thinkin laterally; i like that. one last clue. that's it. after this, fuck it.

it's singular. whether a noun, verb, or whatnot, i cannot tell.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will ask that you set some point (maybe a week or two from now where you will give the answer if noone gets it in a spoiler box (just for those who truly give up). Either that or agree to PM the answer to someone if they ask for it.

If you rescue me

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

tongue

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mouth is my best answer, I've looked at this riddle every which way I can and that's all I can come up with. Cripes I feel like an idiot.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems kinda...insulting.

Oh well, your prejudgement, your loss.

I will guess a shallow "the."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast