Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Best Movie of All Time Tournament - The Sequel!!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    ...the nominations list was completed about (looks at watch) 3 months ago
    So you have a calendar on your wrist?
    don't laugh he probably does. and it's color coordinated with his damn paperclips.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tie Breaker threads are closing in a couple of hours.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright guys, Round 2 has officially concluded!

Here are the survivors from this round -

Group A
    Toy Story
    The Nightmare before Christmas

Group B
    A Clockwork Orange
    Dogma

Group C
    Clerks
    Stand By Me

Group D
    Terminator 2
    Unforgiven

Group E

The Godfather II
    The Shawshank Redemption

Group F
    The Lord of the Rings – The Two Towers
    Strangelove (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)

Group G
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Rear Window

Group H
    The Godfather
    Pulp Fiction

Group I
    Kill Bill
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Group J
    Goodfellas
    12 Angry men

Group K
    Blade Runner
    The Exorcist

Group L
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
    The Wizard of Oz.

Group M
    Apocalypse Now
    The Dark Knight

Group N
    Silence of the Lambs
    Reservoir Dogs

Group O
    The Matrix
    The Blues Brothers

Group P
    Schindler’s List
    The Princess Bride

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

You're doing a fantastic job with this tournament Feev

Perhaps you can do just one thing for me to make it even better...

Strangelove (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)
    In the next round, add the "Dr." to Dr. Strangelove. It's not that I don't know which movie we're talking about (I'm pretty sure I nominated it after all). I just have a thing for accuracy. Thanks my friend

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, Rear Window and 12 Angry Men have both miraculosly advanced... thank God for small favors...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You got it. ^^

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Well, Rear Window and 12 Angry Men have both miraculosly advanced... thank God for small favors...
    Yes, but sadly Citizen Kane and It's a Wonderful Life (2 movies that I feel should really be there) are sadly gone. I'm really surprised they didn't make it further.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just placed the movies in their respective groups for Round 3...

Damn That's all I can say.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have devised a worksheet on excel to chronicle the way this ‘post-season’ plays out. I took a screenshot of the worksheet and pasted it below for your reference, please have a look at it and let me know if you guys have any questions.

The BMOAT Chart
    *Bumping this for those who might not have noticed it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

so what are we onto now, the semifinals?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny to see Lord of Rings: The Two Towers on the list. It's my least favorite of all the 3 LotR films. I'm also wondering why the 3 films weren't just considered as one, kind of like how Kill Bill was.

Anyway, great job with the thread Feev. Kudos for taking over the thread after Matrick went mia.

*literally hands Feev a kudos nutritional bar*
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    This is the last round in group format. After this round has concluded, I will take the first and second winners from each group and place them into the Octa Finals berth(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Anyway, great job with the thread Feev. Kudos for taking over the thread after Matrick went mia.

*literally hands Feev a kudos nutritional bar*

Thanks!

It's funny to see Lord of Rings: The Two Towers on the list. It's my least favorite of all the 3 LotR films. I'm also wondering why the 3 films weren't just considered as one, kind of like how Kill Bill was.
    Alert! Alert! Still Servant and R_of_G agree on a movie-related issue.

I won't force everyone to endure another one of my long-form rants on what's wrong with the LotR movies, but I completely agree with both parts of what Still Servant said. Two Towers is my least favorite of the three installments and it would be best served to be viewed as one long film.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    This is the last round in group format. After this round has concluded, I will take the first and second winners from each group and place them into the Octa Finals berth(s).
    ah ok, that makes sense now.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All of the groups in Round 3 have been posted!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What are we going to do after the tournament is over?

I need lists in my life. I don't care what it is, as long as it's in list form, I'm cool.

Maybe a best movie quote of all time thread.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

there's a list in the name the roaming bear thread.

i'm just saying.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i was wondering what happens once the list is completed, as there should always be challengers fo best movie of all time

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What are we going to do after the tournament is over?

I need lists in my life. I don't care what it is, as long as it's in list form, I'm cool.

Maybe a best movie quote of all time thread.
    Something else is planned.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

We could do a Worst Movie of all Time tourney. Then I could vote for the Matrix.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ha! Seconded!

You're the best Lisa! My British female twinner.

We could always move onto specific genres. I believe this has already been suggested before.

We could also do best movie by director. This would of course be more fun with directors with long careers. Are you writing all this down Feev?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    We could do a Worst Movie of all Time tourney. Then I could vote for the Matrix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    ha! Seconded!
    As I mentioned to you Jayson, I do believe this is planned for after the BMOAT. I suggested the idea to Feev back when this first was starting.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast