Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which Month are you likely to come to the UK?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • September

2 18.18%
  • October

4 36.36%
  • Other-Please specify

5 45.45%
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Gathering 2010?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default UK Gathering 2010?

If you've been reading Maerlyn's spotlight thread (...and if you haven't, WHY NOT?!! ) there's been mention of a few members possibly having a London get together - September/October 2010.

It's all 2 years away and leaves much to be confirmed, but considering the cost to anyone over the pond or indeed in Europe, it might be a good incentive to save if we start discussing it now

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I"m completely down for a London Gathering - I'll stock up on plenty of Arsenal memoribilia, and we'll hit as many pubs as we possibly can with the time that we have to work with!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Would gladly give up alot of things to save for this trip....
    thats it NO more pizza night, I wanna go to London!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A London pub crawl! Wow...some of us won't be returning home

Oh man, I'm getting excited already!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

hee: I'd have to start drinking again , but hey I'd toss back a pint with you guys!
    wait, I remember I had to cut down to 1/2 pints, that ale was so strong !!

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alinda, it would be waaaaay cool to meet you, you're a .net legend like Jean!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

If you come to London I'll be there.

Roland would have understood.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i'd love to visit london. i probably wouldn't be able to afford it though.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you have 2 years to save

Letti......do you mean that?!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do. You can be sure about it.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Count me in London never was so close! And if there's anyone living there right now, I'm coming by mid October so just let me know!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

about how much do you think that would cost? Plane from Michigan to London, plus room, and other expenses.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Razz - Not sure, I was looking to come to Vegas for this years gathering and the flight was going to cost about £600, which is roughly $1200. If you goto an airline website they normally have a page where you can input a destination and get a rough quote.

Accomodation wouldn't be too bad. You could stay in a travel lodge from around £30-£40 a night...or cheaper depending on where you wanted to stay.

Stone - let me know when you're about this October - I'm going to London at halloween for a Neil gaiman signing

Letti - *dies*

yup. about 600 bucks, plus fees and taxes.

Country
    Country Flag

*hugs Lisa* I was always planning to visit that crazy city.

My Mood
    In Love

No more pizza, or paper towels, what ever it takes!!

Lisa, I am a what????? Get outta here

The answer is within

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I shall not! You are fair lady, and when we get to london I'll buy you a pint to prove it

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

razz, how old are you exactly? I ask this because they made some restrictions on theage of people coming to stay in a hostel in London. Anyway, if you make a reservation early enough on hostelworld.com, you should be able to stay in London cheaply. September is not even good for tourism, so this is really convenient. Check the hostels out of town in case the other ones are too expensive. The tube can be inexpensive too!
    To anyone else who is between 18 and 30, this applies to you as well, so check the hostels a month before and it should be ok!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You can tentatively count me in for this one. I've been wanting to go to England for awhile now.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Cider abounds!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I could kill for some Bulmer's right now.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

*slurp* Guess what I'm drinking?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bitch.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

London in two years??

We have always wanted to visit, we might be able to do this. I really need a reason to get a passport anyway.

(should probably start that process now)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you should.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast