Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Love for Song

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Or Richard P. Sayre even!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE SoS!! The backstory and like how Jean said it's like TDOTT all over again because the tet is trying to get back together.... and how they get back together. King was a sly dog putting himself in like that lol. This ranks among my three favorites, the other two being The Drawing of the Three and The Wastelands..... Maybe the Dark Tower also, but that one just made me so sad... W&G is my least favorite... *gag*

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

A lady of impeccable taste.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Even though I have said there were some aspects of the book I did not care for, I did like the very The Empire Strikes Back feel that the book had. I've always enjoyed seeing the good guys have separated and racing against time to stop an impending apocalypse. Also, the Dixie Pig scenes were very morbid and we finally got to see some vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I've always enjoyed seeing the good guys have separated and racing against time to stop an impending apocalypse. Also, the Dixie Pig scenes were very morbid and we finally got to see some vampires.
    I agree with you completely. One of the things I love about the book was the breakneck pace with so much meaningful events in it. I feel like I have to take deep breaths at certain parts.

One of the parts of the book that really got to me was Susannah's vision with the names of these folk being dead.

Gunslinger Apprentice Whitey Appleseed is on a distinguished road Whitey Appleseed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still not done with the re-read...liked the scene with Mia and Susannah on the allure...Mia, "great men of thought...deduction--these came together and created the machines which run the beams." And now the Breakers are hell bent on going along to get along, bust the beams, burn down the house. Theorizing diaspora adjudicating hybridity, when nothing could be further from the truth...and the link to Lisey's Story is intriguing...hyenas, jackals.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have just finished my re-read and the first time i didint like the mia-susannah storyline. I have changed my mind it is really good and I guess it does make sense that she would fall prey to this again but the book is so much more than that. It all seems so hopeless after they get blown through the door and it is really tense waiting for the tet get back together.

I LOVED the lead up to the Dixie Pig scene.

So much happens and so much is revealed. The break neck speed suits the idea of it all ending as Roland says to Eddie. He feels the tower is close.

I loved Stephen King and the whole breaking the 4th wall thing - i liked the affect it has as you read it.

I also think Mia is an intruging character as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    i have just finished my re-read and the first time i didint like the mia-susannah storyline. I have changed my mind it is really good and I guess it does make sense that she would fall prey to this again but the book is so much more than that. It all seems so hopeless after they get blown through the door and it is really tense waiting for the tet get back together.

I LOVED the lead up to the Dixie Pig scene.

So much happens and so much is revealed. The break neck speed suits the idea of it all ending as Roland says to Eddie. He feels the tower is close.

I loved Stephen King and the whole breaking the 4th wall thing - i liked the affect it has as you read it.

I also think Mia is an intruging character as well.
    Right on.

Traveler Cland1931 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    I LOVE SoS!! The backstory and like how Jean said it's like TDOTT all over again because the tet is trying to get back together.... and how they get back together. King was a sly dog putting himself in like that lol. This ranks among my three favorites, the other two being The Drawing of the Three and The Wastelands..... Maybe the Dark Tower also, but that one just made me so sad... W&G is my least favorite... *gag*
    I love this song very much and i hope this song is very beautiful

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Poor, poor Song of Susannah! I love this book and it is in my favorites in the series just below Wolves and I felt that it needed it's own fan thread! Come and give this book the love that it deserves!
    I am reading through the series, yet again, I always look forward to SoS. If I could simply not read WaG, my life would be much easier, and my rereads that much quicker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9