Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Needful Things *possible spoilers*

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Ok, I came home from work, and I suddenly found out what would be my needful thing.
    I remember there was a woman who had bought sunglasses which were capable of showing her Elvis Presley like he was actually there, near her.
    Mine would be this, too, but showing someone else instead of Elvis.
    And you don't let us know who it would be?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Ok, I came home from work, and I suddenly found out what would be my needful thing.
    I remember there was a woman who had bought sunglasses which were capable of showing her Elvis Presley like he was actually there, near her.
    And you don't let us know who it would be?!?!

Mememememememe? :hopes:
    Ok, it is Brice.
    I secretly hoped it would me me :sniff: but now all my dreams are dead. :sniff:
    It's okay, Letti. If Melikey gets a Bricey and Bricey gets a Letti all works out in the end.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Aww, Letti!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see you didn't count bears in?.. not a single bear?... not even the smallest?...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bears of course are always welcome.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Jean . Ok, ok, I have another and better idea: Sunglasses showing you a .com gathering.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, there are some of you I've been wanting to kidnap see for a long time.

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears want such glasses! bears want such glasses!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

This thread made me want to read this book. I was pretty sure I had a copy of it, but didn't. Looks like I'm gonna need to get one now.

P.s. I'm not sure if I'd have a needful thing unless my son counts.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You MUST read it.

If you rescue me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think I'll hunt down a copy today.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You should. It is great fun!

If you rescue me

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    This thread made me want to read this book.
    In this case it was worth to open it.

Roland would have understood.

^ You are totally right. I think every book has it's own "time" for each person. Apparently, you lead me to my affair with Needful Things. Thanks.

I bought a copy for $4 at a used book store. (Thank God for those)
    I'm about 10 pages in and I can already tell I'm gonna love it. SK just always amazes me with the magic of his writing skills and the way he sets up a story.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have finished it. OMG I have no words to describe how impressed I am.

Yay Letti.
    I finished my first read a few weeks ago and loved it.
    I saw a lot of people had issues with the ending, but...seeing as how I've read many SK books, I didn't see it as THAT far stretched.
    Anything is possible.

P.s. Who else fell in Love with Alan?

Country
    Country Flag

I am crazily in love with Alan. What a man.

I was happy to see Leland that weak at the end. It was a big surprise for me.
    I liked the end, too. I am not that happy with that horse-flying-over-the-sky stuff but it didn't bother me because the whole story swept me off my feet. I was like o_O from the beginning to the end.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I love this book, and SK himself does the narration for the audio book which is a huge plus as well.

What I dig about this book is that there is humor in it. It's almost like a dark comedy. And whereas the deaths in his books are often scary, imo in this book they are almost funny and you find yourself rooting for them to happen. I particularly enjoyed the buildup to the big brawl with the baptists and catholics. That was great. Also the part with the principal and shop teacher was great too. All the setups were great.

The setups were great. I thought the intro to this book was brilliant they way the focus was on every single character from the town and you felt like you knew everyone and their backstory in just a matter of pages.
    King is brilliant like that.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly! Among King's strongest points is his character development. No matter how insane or absurd circumstances are, his people are real. In fact I know people who seem less real.

If you rescue me

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked Needful Things. At times it felt over-written but the story grabbed me from the beginning. References to other works were neat but I'd have liked the book anyways.

Gotta say it though, collective Castle Rock IQ must be really low if only so few people picked up there was something fishy going on.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Exactly! Among King's strongest points is his character development. No matter how insane or absurd circumstances are, his people are real. In fact I know people who seem less real.
    OMG, this is the quote of the century. I love it so so much.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I really liked Needful Things. At times it felt over-written but the story grabbed me from the beginning. References to other works were neat but I'd have liked the book anyways.

Gotta say it though, collective Castle Rock IQ must be really low if only so few people picked up there was something fishy going on.
    IMHO they were everyday people with everyday problems and weaknesses. You can be very clever and smart still weak in your soul. And even if you are not weak in your soul we all have our fracture points. Words, dreams, memories that can tear us apart. That can turn our world up side down.
    Leland was terribly good at finding these fracture points.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I just started reading this for the first time (loving it so far) after working my way through all the major Castle Rock stories (I'd read Cujo and the Dark Half before, but not Dead Zone or The Sun Dog). I was wondering if anybody knows if the Polaroid camera in Gaunt's shop at the start of the book was supposed to be Kevin's camera from The Sun Dog?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4