Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Needful Things *possible spoilers*

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    My ipod!
    It's not easy to imagine Leland Gaunt holding an Ipod in his hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Oh, I get very excited about things, but in truth in my world they are still just things no matter how wonderful...no matter how much I might treasure them. I have lost EVERYTHING I own so many times that if it really comes down to it I'm fine with nothing.
    The people I care about are my needful thing.
    I really would like to think Leland could never get me with some stupid object but I am not sure I am strong enough.
    I feel he used some magic, too. So people got crazy about those things because they wanted them badly and because he used his power. I think most of them wouldn't have had any business with him without the spell. That's why I am not sure about my reaction.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Our buddy Leland would have met his match with me then. There are things I'd like to have, but ultimately they are just things.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would Mr. Gaunt happen to have a pirate ship in stock? If so, I'd pick that.

If not, I'm sure there'd be an SK book I'd want...like The Stand S/L...wait, or is it Salem's Lot?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, surely if it were a King needful thing it would be one of those four or five 1st edition 'Salem's Lot dustjackets.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Our buddy Leland would have met his match with me then. There are things I'd like to have, but ultimately they are just things.
    I'm not interesting in things either...I'm much more interested in thangs...

If Leland's got some of these laying around I'm pretty much outta luck.

Yeah...I know you saw that coming...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, coz, fer sure. lol I somehow doubt that hooking you would be much of a challenge to him.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

SRV's guitar!
    Sloth Love Chunk

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

you pose the most fantastic quesions letti, i am going off now to think about this. But i love that you made me think about it

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    My ipod!
    That is why it is my Needful Thing and not his...

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good question indeed. I agree a Needful Thing is something you dont need. What I really need is a new oven since mine is broken but I would go to Argos or somewhere for that. I think it would be some Bob Dylan memorbilia, I dont need any as such but i think I could be persuaded. I think he uses hypnosis; Lelenad not Dylan.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    Good question indeed. I agree a Needful Thing is something you dont need. What I really need is a new oven since mine is broken but I would go to Argos or somewhere for that. I think it would be some Bob Dylan memorbilia, I dont need any as such but i think I could be persuaded. I think he uses hypnosis; Lelenad not Dylan.
    I think they both do.

My ipod!
    That is why it is my Needful Thing and not his...
    Well.. you are totally right.

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    you pose the most fantastic quesions letti, i am going off now to think about this. But i love that you made me think about it
    Cannot wait to read it about your needful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    ...a fancy china teacup...I'm really particular about drinking my tea out of certain mugs or cups.
    Somehow it's damn hard to imagine you getting crazy about some cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I'm not interesting in things either...I'm much more interested in thangs...
    If you ask me thongs are things, too. But I might be wrong..

Country
    Country Flag

So if Lelant opened a Needful Things shop for DT junkies to be able to control our souls he would need some...
    - fancy china teacup
    - camera
    - ipod
    - drawings
    - personal memories from the past
    - pirate stuff
    - thongs
    - guitar
    - Bob Dylan memorabilia
    so far.

Hm, it would be a quite cool/strange shop, don't you think?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

indeed

If you rescue me

John F. Kennedy Quicksilver is on a distinguished road Quicksilver's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A single round for a Barrett Light 50 sniper rifle (this weapon in the hands of a competent operation has made kills at over a mile and can penetrate thin skinned armoured vehicles).....once I got the bullet I would have to find the weapon, determine the intended target and decide if I was going to actually pull the triger on the target.

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot read this thread because I am on page 400 in NT
    BUT
    I think I have found something that looks like a mistake and I would like you to convince me that it isn't.

We are right after Nettie's tragical death and Polly is wondering about it:
    "She would not duck this culpability, not let anyone try to talk her out of it (Alan wisely not even tried) but she was not sure she would have changed what she had done. The core of Nettie's madness had been beyond Polly's power to control or alter, apparently, but she had nevertheless spent three happy, productive years in Castle Rock."

Well as much as I know Alan lost his family (his wife and his kid) 19 months ago.
    So... Alan and Polly were not together at the time she tried to get Nettie out of the mental hospital. Am I right or do I miss something? Do you have any explanation?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anything I want to kill that badly must die slow.

If you rescue me

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If you ask me thongs are things, too. But I might be wrong..
    But thats not what I..err...oh never mind. Yeah...thongs.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I've thought it over.
    My needful thing would be Jack Kerouac's original scroll of "On The Road"

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Letti;514221]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    I think they both do. [quote=Letti;514221]

Good point, I have spent many an hour getting lost in Highway 61 Revisited

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh, absolutely

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

My needful thing would be a Gibson Les Paul. Oh, god, how I want one.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an extremely good question as usual, Letti.
    Like Brice, I don't care about things and I'm having a hard time thinking up something I'd want so badly I'd go to Leland Gaunt to have it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    That's an extremely good question as usual, Letti.
    Like Brice, I don't care about things and I'm having a hard time thinking up something I'd want so badly I'd go to Leland Gaunt to have it.
    Well the residents of the town didn't go to Leland to have something. They visited him because they were curious and they found their needful thing "accidentally".

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You're right but we do know who he is and what he does, so I don't think any of us would get their needful thing from him
    You make a good point here: there's no way I can think of that needful thing because I'd have to come across it in the shop.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    You're right but we do know who he is and what he does, so I don't think any of us would get their needful thing from him
    You make a good point here: there's no way I can think of that needful thing because I'd have to come across it in the shop.
    Yeah, sadly Leland cannot steal our soul. :sadsigh:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast