Thread: The Incomparable Mr. Flannery

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Stephen King? character?

My Mood
    Brooding

oh hell i really thought vision was it. it certainly fits. fuck me. i really do quit this time.

My Mood
    Brooding

last guess...page. if that's not it, i'm done. for real.

Gunslinger Apprentice leaveittobeezer is on a distinguished road leaveittobeezer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so soon, with the end in sight? fair enough. The answer is a mere stone's throw away
    "The Man in Black fled across the desert, and June Carter followed"

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by leaveittobeezer View Post
    I travelled from the land of Memphis to Europe with slaves long ago.

I evolved and took shape in the heart of the land of rebirth.

I am literally ka-tet.

Part of me connects all who read this.

To possess me is to possess potence & moderation. You hold the world in the palm of your hand.

What am I?

BUMP

Just to keep from running from page to page.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice NemelChelovek is on a distinguished road NemelChelovek's Avatar

I do believe the answer is the Tarot.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How does part of tarot connect all who read this?

My Mood
    Brooding

the same way part of the Tower does: via sai King.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid I disagree. Also, how is tarot "literally" ka-tet?

My Mood
    Brooding

there are several things that could be considered "literally" ka-tet. the statue of liberty is one made from many. and that's just one example.

i must say, this one really has my brain fucked up. i'm usually the ultimate equilateral thinker, able to see around corners before i even know they're there most of the time, but beez tells me i practically got the answer, and yet i'm stupefied.

My Mood
    Brooding

(yes, this is my answer, not just the icon)

Gunslinger Apprentice NemelChelovek is on a distinguished road NemelChelovek's Avatar

The Tarot is one made from many because it is a singular entity (a pack of cards, a Tarot deck) made up of many singular entities (individual cards with their own meanings). And part of the Tarot connects all who read this because one of its most well-known, prominent cards is...the Tower.

I stand by my answer till Sai Beezer says I'm wrong.

Gunslinger Apprentice leaveittobeezer is on a distinguished road leaveittobeezer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I travelled from the land of Memphis to Europe with slaves long ago.

The earliest forms of playing cards came to Europe from Egypt with the Mamelukes (slave warriors) in the late 14th century.

I evolved and took shape in the heart of the land of rebirth.

The tarot deck evolved from the early, primitive decks with the additions of the higher arcana approximately 100 years later in Italy, birthplace of the Renaissance

I am literally ka-tet.

Ka-tet = "one from many." 78 separate cards together comprising a single deck. Each card with a certain meaning, working in tandem toward a single purpose.

Part of me connects all who read this.

The Tower (the 16th card of the higher arcana) is the connection we all share, as this site is dedicated primarily to the Dark Tower.

To possess me is to possess potence & moderation. You hold the world in the palm of your hand.

Potence = Strength (The 8th card in the higher arcana)
    Moderation = Temperence (The 14th card in the higher arcana)
    You hold the WORLD (The 21st card of the higher arcana) in the palm of your hand.

What am I?

I am indeed the Tarot deck.

Grats, Nemel, that fabled goose is yours.

Good riddle!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I was afraid that I may have been a bit too vague with the clues, but I didn't want to give too many hints initially for fear of making it too simple. It's a tough balancing act because the answer was so apparent to me, yet I didn't realize all the tangential twists it could have taken, and did take.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

That link confuses me, dear sir. It leads back...here?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NemelChelovek View Post
    The Tarot is one made from many because it is a singular entity (a pack of cards, a Tarot deck) made up of many singular entities (individual cards with their own meanings). And part of the Tarot connects all who read this because one of its most well-known, prominent cards is...the Tower.

I stand by my answer till Sai Beezer says I'm wrong.
    Now that makes sense. I am not familiar with Tarot decks so I didn't know that the Tower is a prominent card within its ranks. Thanks Nemel.

My Mood
    Brooding

cheers, mate. ye had a zinger there. i can't recall anytime in my adulthood being so thoroughly baffled; but it doesn't help much that i don't know fuck-all about the tarot either. one of the very few subjects i have not made it a salient point to educate myself on; "pop" occult to me is so much Hot Topic pseudo-goth bullshit. but nevertheless, an intriguing run. :bows: i would take me hat off, me foine bucko, but i dinnae wear one.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NemelChelovek View Post
    That link confuses me, dear sir. It leads back...here?

First off, Great riddle. Given its answer it is little wonder I was so clueless. I know next to noting on that topic.

Nemel...I have NO idea why I posted that link.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4