Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 (non DT) SK books

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

ur2ndbiggestfan: thank you for the big post, only don't forget this thread isn't the only one here! Look around, I am sure you will find lots of specific threads waiting for you to express your opinion

Since you didn't like my post, I removed it. Sorry I ruffled your fur.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really don't think Jean disliked your post. On the contrary I think he was only trying to guide you to other threads.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree w/ Brice. Jean could have criticized specifically if he disliked or disagreed with anything. Sounds like he was just encouraging you to be more involved. I'm bummed that I don't get to see what post you're all talking about. Hope to talk more with ya, ur2ndbiggestfan.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    ur2ndbiggestfan: thank you for the big post, only don't forget this thread isn't the only one here! Look around, I am sure you will find lots of specific threads waiting for you to express your opinion
    Since you didn't like my post, I removed it. Sorry I ruffled your fur.
    oops... why? it was a good post, and I sincerely thanked you for it (I didn't add three huggling bears for nothing), and I really really wanted you to post in the threads like King's Worst Novel or those specifically dedicated to separate books. This thread is, basically, for lists, and very short - if any - discussions, while any deeper analysis goes elsewhere. I didn't want yours to be lost here, especially the parts that dealt with the books you did not like. I am both sorry and surprized not to see your post here.

(thank you Brice and Mike!)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John F. Kennedy ConstanToweReader is on a distinguished road

1. The Mist
    2. Jerusalem's Lot
    3. The Gingerbread Girl
    4. The Raft
    5. Strawberry Spring

Traveler Bloodsoup is on a distinguished road Bloodsoup's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Hearts in Atlantis
    2. Blind Willie (does no one else find this story hilarious?)
    3. The Road Virus Heads North
    4. Everything's Eventual
    5. Lunch at the Gotham Cafe

I'd include 1408 and The Mist as well but for some reason because I think the film versions are so great I decided to leave them off (something about the films making their stories longer means they're ineligible or some such, I'm sure it's nonsense).

Traveler TheCatInTheHat is on a distinguished road

I've only read Night Shift, Different Seasons, Skeleton Crew, and Everything's Eventual so far but here are my top 5

The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet
    The Mist
    Riding the Bullet
    One for the Road
    Jerusalem's Lot

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsoup View Post
    1. Hearts in Atlantis
    2. Blind Willie (does no one else find this story hilarious?)
    3. The Road Virus Heads North
    4. Everything's Eventual
    5. Lunch at the Gotham Cafe

I'd include 1408 and The Mist as well but for some reason because I think the film versions are so great I decided to leave them off (something about the films making their stories longer means they're ineligible or some such, I'm sure it's nonsense).

I love The Road Virus heads north as well! Excelant choice I had forgotten about it.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

:nods: Scary! Don't know if it'd be one of my "Top Five King Stories," but it most likely would make "SK's Five Most Terrifying."

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very tough.

1. Gramma
    2. Low Men In Yellow Coats
    3. Battle Ground
    4. The Raft
    5. The Gingerbread Girl

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The gunslinger (the short story)
    2. Jerusalem's Lot
    3. The Body
    4. The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet
    5. Children of the Corn

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    This is very tough.

1. Gramma
    2. Low Men In Yellow Coats
    3. Battle Ground
    4. The Raft
    5. The Gingerbread Girl
    This is one of my favs
    Sloth Love Chunk

Traveler futuramaguy07 is on a distinguished road

Well, im working my way through all the short story collections currently, so I can not draw from all of them, but so far...
    1. Night Surf
    2. Graveyard Rats
    3. Gramma
    4. The Raft
    5. Dolan's Cadillac

Along the Path of the Beam NoLabelBG is on a distinguished road NoLabelBG's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. It
    2. The Talisman
    3. The Green Mile
    4. The Dead Zone
    5. Salem's Lot
    [COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]To see some Bulgarian
    Stephen King book covers, click here:

Along the Path of the Beam Mrs. Underwood is on a distinguished road Mrs. Underwood's Avatar

The only one in any particular order here is the top one. Otherwise, I couldn't be bothered to rank them.

It
    The Stand
    'Salem's Lot
    The Dark Half
    Duma Key

As for short stories...

1) The Mist (technically a novella, but I'm counting it anyway)
    2) Ballad of the Flexible Bullet
    3) 1408
    4) Survivor Type
    5) Nona

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a thread for King short stories, here.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1.: The Stand
    2.: Dark Half
    3.: The Mist
    4.: IT
    5.: Dead Zone

Gunslinger Apprentice thebumblerinblack is on a distinguished road thebumblerinblack's Avatar

Had to think about this for awhile, but I think I got it:

1. It
    2. Pet Semetary
    3. The Talisman
    4. The Stand
    5. Desperation

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Pet Sematary
    2. Insomnia
    3. 'Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining
    5. Four Past Midnight

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Insomnia
    ...but not It?
    Four Past Midnight
    ...but not Different Seasons?

Country
    Country Flag

4. The Shining
    ... but not The Stand???

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not love It, I'm afraid. But it was very very good, Top 10. Different Seasons, also. The Stand I haven't read yet...

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

1. It

My favorite novel of all time as of today. Any 1100p novel that feels too short is ok by me. Read it three or four times and will keep reading it every ten years or so for as long as I live. I wonder if It will crawl back out of the sewers, it's almost time.

2. Salem's Lot

I don't even like vampire stories all that well usually, but the town and residents of the Lot make this my favorite of the early King by far.

3. Misery

My favorite psychological thriller of all time. It gave me worse nightmares than any other King book.

4. The Stand

I have a feeling this will displace numbers two and three when I get around to re-reading it; pretty young when I read it but my memories are all very positive. Just got a good full size copy to read again ( my eyes can't tolerate the text size in the paperback editions as I get older).

5. Under the Dome

I am a sucker for excessively long novels. This is the book that got me back into reading King after setting him aside following DTVII.

John F. Kennedy brandnewfan is on a distinguished road

1. It
    2. The Shining
    3. The Stand
    4. Salem's Lot
    5. The Talisman

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand, The Dead Zone, It, 'Salem's Lot, The Talisman.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast