Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What would Roland's salvation be?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

don't let go of Jake
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Btw does anyone know how old Roland is suppose to be? According to Robin's Furth Concordance he is 336. At the start of the Gunslinger he was 36, then at the end he was aged 10yrs but since time is different in his world, there is no way of telling just how old Roland really is.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RolandLover View Post
    Btw does anyone know how old Roland is suppose to be? ...
    According to Robin's Furth's Concordance he is 336. At the start of the Gunslinger he was 36, then at the end he was aged 10yrs. But since time is different in his world, there is no way of telling just how old Roland really is.

lol, Best answer.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well if we are to believe the Beatles are eternal, and their mantra that all you need is love, then ipso facto, all Roland needs is love to be saved.

Traveler CamiDeschain is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, i actually think that Roland is like a thousand years old, in the least. I think the world's process of "moving on" was very very old and the main reason for Roland to seek the Tower in the first place. If the world had started moving on when he was a kid, and if he had been seeking and finding the Tower multiple times, who knows.

I think his salvation would be the breaking of his wheel, either finding death or a comfortable life where he could rest. But i think the biggest salvation for him would be to forget the Tower in the first place....

And I do think he found damnation when he let Jake fall. Not cool, dude. Maybe next time he'll know better. I hope.

As to what people said about him getting another chance with Susan, I completely disagree. At some point he already says something about how he understood it was pure love just because he was young. Romantic love is nothing compared to what he shared with Jake for example. Roland deserves a lot more than a woman.

John F. Kennedy grobblewobble will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    What will Roland see through the final door at the top of the Tower once his loop is completed?
    He will open the door, remember that he opened it thousands of time before, only this time he has not just the horn with him but also the candle, the miniature statue, the fake plastic flower, the discount coupon, the rubber duck, the voodoo mask and the strawberry taste condom. These items are proof to Gan that Roland finally learned his lessons. Gan will be proud of him. To reward him for being a good boy, Roland finally gets to eat a Quarter Pounder menu with extra fries, just as he always wanted. Kingsize.

At least that's my theory.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

rofl

grobble, re-post it here, it's hilarious

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John F. Kennedy grobblewobble will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Innocent

Thanks Jean.

I hadn't seen that thread, looks fitting. Don't really want to double-post, but I guess I could move it.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    What will Roland see through the final door at the top of the Tower once his loop is completed?
    He will open the door, remember that he opened it thousands of time before, only this time he has not just the horn with him but also the candle, the miniature statue, the fake plastic flower, the discount coupon, the rubber duck, the voodoo mask and the strawberry taste condom. These items are proof to Gan that Roland finally learned his lessons. Gan will be proud of him. To reward him for being a good boy, Roland finally gets to eat a Quarter Pounder menu with extra fries, just as he always wanted. Kingsize.

And a pepsi...dude loves pepsi.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cozener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post

And a pepsi...dude loves pepsi.
    Yes!! LOL

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Along the Path of the Beam tumbleweed will become famous soon enough tumbleweed will become famous soon enough tumbleweed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland's salvation would be me.
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." -- George Washington

Traveler Rolandofmosheim is on a distinguished road

Ok I know I am new here, but when the loop restarted he had the horn of Eld that Cuthbert had dropped at Jerhico Hill, I think he must remain true to being a "Gunslinger" In that Sushannah shouldn't had taken Rolands other gun with her when she went back to New York, The guns were the link to the Line of Eld.. In my honest opinion either should have been given to jake his true son and then upon jakes death Roland taken it back. Just my thoughts, but what will he find there I think honestly He'll wake up on his horse in Mejis, and realize that all the loops took place inside the grapefruit, but will retain the knowledge the countless loops have given him and maybe this time shoot Rhea, save susan, return to Gilead and stop Farson. Just my two cents

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Алойзиъс Ланист View Post
    So long as Roland opens that door, he will only ever find the desert.
    Amen

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Amen
    And if he never does open that door?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

In my opinion, he lives out the rest of his natural days.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    In my opinion, he lives out the rest of his natural days.
    So you don't see Roland as some sort of Meta-Physical representative of all Mankind across all the worlds? To me, if that is not the case then why on Earth would Gan pick on him like that? LOL He's just living his own personal "Hell"? And if it was his Hell wouldn't it make sense for him to remember, but not be able to do a thing about it? Then again, Roland made mistakes, no doubt, but does the punishment (if that is what it is) fit the crime? And why allow him to make different choices?

IDK, I just think there is something a little more to it all. Maybe he has to open that door every time through.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I see him as the man who can do the job, and his reward for completing his Gan-given task is a series of "second" chances to make more of his life.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It might be that all Mankind across all the worlds are also trapped, going round and round, year after year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I see him as the man who can do the job, and his reward for completing his Gan-given task is a series of "second" chances to make more of his life.
    Could be, but to me that seems overly simple. I like to think that Roland's choices are tied to Mankind's evolution. Not to suggest that he has no free will, but more like the two are symbiotic. As Mankind evolves, Roland makes better choices and gets closer to the Tower. Conversely, Mankind gets closer to enlightenment.

Just a theory I suppose, but at least there is the promise of a light at the end of the tunnel.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    As Mankind evolves, Roland makes better choices and gets closer to the Tower. Conversely, Mankind gets closer to enlightenment.
    Then finally Roland reaches the top, and an alternate version of Stephen King publishes that story to a world who consider what he finds there to be no big deal, really.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    As Mankind evolves, Roland makes better choices and gets closer to the Tower. Conversely, Mankind gets closer to enlightenment.
    Then finally Roland reaches the top, and an alternate version of Stephen King publishes that story to a world who consider what he finds there to be no big deal, really.
    LOL It's just my own pet theory. Never heard anyone else state anything close to it, but it works for me!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Amen
    I believe it can only happen if he chooses to die in Tull.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen
    I believe it can only happen if he chooses to die in Tull.
    OK. And just why is that? Because he killed those attacking him?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

yes

(I see the sarcasm in your question, and I am aware that my answer might require elaboration)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

yes

(I see the sarcasm in your question, and I am aware that my answer might require elaboration)

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was just asking is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast