Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Think Before You Speak, Suffer Before You Rise

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Y'know, I never would have noticed this if it weren't for Jean bumping it. Its a good thing he did because I would have missed out. And I don't generally comment on peoples' works. Bad habit of mine really. It isn't that there aren't things on this board and elsewhere that are beneath my critiquing them but sometimes I see something that spurs enough feeling in me that I must say something.

I wanted to add this. One thing that got through to me about what you wrote about Lassie was your description of your psyche as a mental trinity...the Rational, the Fool, and the Child. I thought it was a very apt description of how we compartmentalize our personalities and how that compartmentalization can help us to cope. To me, its especially important that the fine line between fool and child be recognized. I think all too often people overlook the differences between the two and count them as one. But they aren't one and you highlighted the differences very well.

Eddie...I sympathized with...pure and simple. We share some of the same fears, he and I. I think you're right. Eddie is a part of us all...especially those of us that are depended upon and looked up to, expected to set an example. Some might look at a person that is a spouse, parent, and provider or a teacher, mentor, and an example of what others should strive to be and admire them for being an adult...for doing what they're supposed to be doing...not ever suspecting just how afraid and fragile that person really is.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Cozner. Your last sentence is a GREAT synopsis of that prose. When I was a child, I thought most all adults were perfect rocks. Solid, no fear, no mistakes. As I grew and began to see their flaws I was greatly disillusioned. Even today, as I near 40, I see folken on a given message board and assume they are superior to me if they display any proficiency in any manner. I thought our dear Jean to be the God of Gods until I angered him one day a couple of years ago (I had it coming, I was being an ass, I do not hide that fact.) Up until that point I had thought him superior to me in every way and infallible. He taught me Algebra! When he displayed his anger I thought my computer would just explode in my face. That's how powerful and superior I though him. But he and I talked in private and I was stunned to find he was hurt, as well as angry. I still, to this day, think of Jean, and many others, as superior to me. It is an unfair and impossible position that I place folks like Jean in but... it's just the way I was raised.

Now I see others putting ME (of all people) in that position.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't have these feeling when Misty passed. Why?

Willie is about 14 now...it is coming.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2