Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which was your favourite book of the series?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Gunslinger

20 9.90%
  • The Drawing of the Three

32 15.84%
  • The Waste Lands

37 18.32%
  • Wizard and Glass

48 23.76%
  • Wolves of the Calla

24 11.88%
  • Song of Susannah

4 1.98%
  • The Dark Tower

26 12.87%
  • Nonono, I can't pick any.

11 5.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite book of the series?

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted that I can't pick. So, me and RJ shall stand as one! :p

Honestly, having almost finished my 2nd time through, I love and hate certain parts of each book. I think King outdid himself with DotT and the first half of The Waste Lands. But, alas, that's 2 books.

W&G is a great story and I love the young ka-tet, but it's not my fave. I'd be split between Gunslinger, DotT, SoS, and The Dark Tower.

That's today's menu. Check back again tomorrow.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    She is, afterall, the DT Princess.
    (one of them anyway )

Yes, and so are you Monte...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I voted that I can't pick. So, me and RJ shall stand as one! :p

Honestly, having almost finished my 2nd time through, I love and hate certain parts of each book. I think King outdid himself with DotT and the first half of The Waste Lands. But, alas, that's 2 books.

W&G is a great story and I love the young ka-tet, but it's not my fave. I'd be split between Gunslinger, DotT, SoS, and The Dark Tower.

That's today's menu. Check back again tomorrow.

YOU WILL CHOOSE DT7 BILL!!! YOU WILL!!!!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing like a bit of pressure there, Crimson!!!

No pressure!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only thing you're missing from that no-pressure post is the EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

The only thing you're missing from that no-pressure post is the EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    This "EEEEEEEEEEE" thing is one of those things that make me read the last book very quickly.

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Letti, You do have the book do you not? Because I am
    thinking of sending you one with the next bouquet of
    flowers!!
    Attached Images

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Letti, You do have the book do you not? Because I am
    thinking of sending you one with the next bouquet of
    flowers!!
    Oh girl... I have no words.. anyway I have the book, yes I do it. Shame on me I bought it long time ago and you can see... I am not over it yet.

You are an angel and even the idea makes my heart fly.
    Thank you, Linda.

Traveler Dandelo is on a distinguished road Dandelo's Avatar

Gotta be Wolves.

Pere Callahan was the f'n man, dude.

I still listen to Elton John's Someone Saved My Life Tonight and think of the Book 5 version of the tet.

The Orizas? Rad.

Roland dancing the commala?? Oy taking a bow???

Oh...anyone else imagine Rosalita as bangin' hot?

Spoiler:
    Plus other than poor old Benny Slightman and Eisenhart (what was her first name again?), everybody survives...I like that. Preperation baby.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like Grampa Fred. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a tag up there for spoilers if you want to use it Dandelo

Spoiler:
    just like this
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    There is a tag up there for spoilers if you want to use it Dandelo

Spoiler:
    just like this
    Spoiler:
    Liar

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I actually have to say, the Gunslinger (original, not revised not re-edited..etc)
    2nd would be Wizard and Glass, for Rolands story and the... well, the villian at the end.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In order:

W&G

The Gunslinger

Drawing of the Three

WotC

Wastelands

Dark Tower

Song of Susannah

Note: I voted for The Gunslinger instead of W&G, so maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

No one asked for your opinion Patrick! Why don't you go hang with your boyfriend Joe Hill!?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    No one asked for your opinion Patrick! Why don't you go hang with your boyfriend Joe Hill!?
    Oh sorry AllHail but I did some days ago in person..

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    AllHail:

Letti:
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    AllHail:

Letti:

Awesome pic!

Patrick, that picture made my day!

Patrick has beers waiting for him up here in MA whenever he gets out here to New England, and a cigar on top of that just for posting that great picture.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick has beers waiting for him up here in MA whenever he gets out here to New England, and a cigar on top of that just for posting that great picture.
    Don't fall for his tricks Patrick. He tried this on me once, and if it wasn't for that one window in his basement he accidently left unlocked, I'd still be trapped.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Rookie mistake
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    Don't fall for his tricks Patrick. He tried this on me once, and if it wasn't for that one window in his basement he accidently left unlocked, I'd still be trapped.
    You're still not over that are you?

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're still not over that are you?
    The therapist just isn't helping, I must admit.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

YOu guys are cracken me up! :0

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast