Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which was your favourite book of the series?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Gunslinger

20 9.90%
  • The Drawing of the Three

32 15.84%
  • The Waste Lands

37 18.32%
  • Wizard and Glass

48 23.76%
  • Wolves of the Calla

24 11.88%
  • Song of Susannah

4 1.98%
  • The Dark Tower

26 12.87%
  • Nonono, I can't pick any.

11 5.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite book of the series?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Your favourite book of the series?

It's another question I can't get bored with.
    It's not easy to pick but if I must I say WaG.

Roland would have understood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Wolves of the Calla, by far.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OchrisO, oh man you are quick. I have just opened the poll.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Wolves of the Calla, by far.
    same. Not by far, though. Some time ago I would have probably voted for The Waste Land, and before that for The Drawing. At the moment, though, it's Wolves.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger, without question. The introduction of Roland, the massacre at Tull, the slow mutants, the palaver at the end with the man in black, it's all there.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Gunslinger, without question. The introduction of Roland, the massacre at Tull, the slow mutants, the palaver at the end with the man in black, it's all there.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chassit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

XIX
    AND the fight with Cort.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Indeed, we cannot forget David.

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wizard and Glass. I was just crazy about that book. Next favorite would be The Drawing of the Three.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Wolves definately... although TDoTT comes close.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Yeah, can't pick one.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's hard for me to pick just one. I always have a hard time with these "which is your favorite?" questions where you have to pick just one, but if I have to select just one, I'll go with W&G like I always do with this question. I love them all though, and like to think of them as just one big book, though it is hard to do that, with the time gaps between the writing and publication of them and all.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Not picking one was an option, Toast. Just sayin.'

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Waste Lands.
    Got my favorite character, the Tick Tock Man. Also has lots of good parts with Jake, and Blaine is pretty interesting.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    True, but I don't just go for the easy cop out like you Slice. I like to stay true to the question and answer, even though it's a hard choice.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Like others have mentioned this one is very hard for me, but I've thought about it and The Dark Tower is mine. I love them all though, it's just that The Dark Tower inches above the others because of the so many amazing moments in it that really touch me deeply.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For me, it was W&G. Before the end of the story it was always DotT and that book will always stand out as the best of the writing in the series.

However, after what we know now, I think this one is my favorite because it stands outside the controversial ending.

And that is why I like it best, not to mention, I am a sucker for true love.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    True, but I don't just go for the easy cop out like you Slice. I like to stay true to the question and answer, even though it's a hard choice.
    ZING!

Anyway, I've only read through once, I'd rather be a bit more intimate with the series before I pick a favorite. Before, I was swept up in the story and didn't care of there were weak spots. This time I can read with a slightly more critical eye this time and with a better sense for which book is the strongest and which one I like the most.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The Drawing of the Three

There are close seconds, but this was the one that hooked me in and made me read the rest of the series.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Poor Song of Suze.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Anyway, I've only read through once, I'd rather be a bit more intimate with the series before I pick a favorite. Before, I was swept up in the story and didn't care of there were weak spots. This time I can read with a slightly more critical eye this time and with a better sense for which book is the strongest and which one I like the most.

That's really sensible of you, good attitude. Too many just jump to a conclusion about it I think.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

That is a good point Slice, so I'll have to cut you some slack on this one. After you complete your re-read let us know which your favorte is.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Poor Song of Suze.

I loved it but it's not my favourite.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Poor Song of Suze.

I loved it but it's not my favourite.
    it's one of my four favorites! Only I couldn't find any way to make the poll reflect it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Wizard and Glass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast