Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

my last post was 19

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

although it might not have any meaning in this thread...(it might. ya never know) was watching The Stand and the scene where they are at the town meeting just before they sing the national anthem, there is a mural above the room and it has a picture of a large train, on the right side there are four people standing next to it...one woman two men and a boy...on the left side there are three people standing next to it...all three are young men...dressed in gunslinger finest.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lady_Macbeth is on a distinguished road Lady_Macbeth's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I was actually turning 19 when I was reading the series, pretty cool.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was taking a new student (Tatiana) to an existing group; we meet at one of the students' apartment, so not to explain how to get there - especially since I had never bothered to learn the address - I just picked Tatiana at the nearest subway and lead her to the apartment, explaining things while we walked.

"Here," I was saying, "is the yard you'll have to come through to get to the yard you need... In case you forget which yard, let's look at the number of the house... hmmm. Nineteen. Well, all right, here's the door, just walk upstairs till you get to this landing, sorry the number of the apartment can't be seen, but it's right next to the apartment number - let's have a look - hmmmmmmmm. Nineteen....."

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Today we withdrew 20 dollars from my bank account, leaving me with nineteen dollars left to my name.

Then, maybe an hour later, I was notified that I got a job & start tomorrow....

I guess....thank you Sai King?
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I was watching Doctor Who, and in the episode End of the World, a member of the maintenance crew (a plumber, actually) is killed when investigating a a problem in vent #19.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

nothing big, but my 19th birthday was in 1999
    ka-tet of 19 and 99 :p

edit:
    just played the word game in the arcade, first I got "Stephen King", then the next was "The Tower of London"
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Traveler The Old Fella is on a distinguished road The Old Fella's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I recently re-read Wolves of the Calla and the ka-tet were going on about folks in the Calla whose names consisted of nineteen letters, I decided on a whim to see how many letters were in my name.

My full name is James Andrew Williams. Count them for yourself.

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Today we withdrew 20 dollars from my bank account, leaving me with nineteen dollars left to my name.

Then, maybe an hour later, I was notified that I got a job & start tomorrow....

I guess....thank you Sai King?
    This one made me laugh

good luck and congrats on your new job though

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

the lady who made my peppermint hot chocolate at starbucks today had a tattoo on her right forearm. it was a rose with a sort of yellowish center. no interest in the dark tower. the image just came to her. . .

i have 99 messages in my pm box - and i never save pm's. ever.

i scored 19099 on the newly installed mahjongg. but it doesn't save scores right now.

that is all.

Banned Diggity Of The Eld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

When I was reading the books, I noticed a ton of these sorts of things. I'd notice a lot of street names that seemed Tower related, although none of them are coming to mind now.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed last night that my wife's name has 19 letters regardless of if I use her maiden name or her married name.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

it freaks me out how in the Marty Robbins song Big Iron (which is about a wild west gunfight) the outlaw Texas Red is stated to have 19 notches on his belt, one for every man he killed
    really great country album, gunfighter ballads
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Along the Path of the Beam Mianjo is on a distinguished road Mianjo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a really interesting thread! I love reading stuff like this, Blue Car Syndrome or not.

Here's a silly one: I noticed just now when I made my first post, it was 19 minutes after the hour.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Like others, most of my little moments have been "Blue Car Syndrome" -esque things.
    But every now and then I have a creepy moment...like, last summer, I was having a road-trip with a friend of mine down to Myrtle Beach. It's a pretty long drive, and most of it is interstate driving...well, for most of our time on the interstate, there was a red car that was always keeping up with us...we'd slow down, they would. We'd speed up, and they would be right behind us...finally, about 2 exits from the one that we were supposed to take, the car decided to pass us. We had been joking about writing down it's license to report stalking and all of that. After it had passed us, and since I was the in the passenger side, I was the one who was supposed to write it down...the license was 1782KA1, and the bumper of the car had two bloody red eye stickers on either end. I totally flipped out, and convinced the driver of our trip to speed up and get close enough so I could take a pic with my camera...if I can ever dig it up, I'll post it.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Dig it up.

Roland would have understood.

Along the Path of the Beam Matt of Gilead is on a distinguished road

Well, I was born on June 19th, but I can't help that. And yes, reading DT has made more sensative to the number 19...by a lot. Can't honestly say I've noticed anything really bizarre since I read it, though.

Traveler Fitz is on a distinguished road Fitz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mianjo View Post
    This is a really interesting thread! I love reading stuff like this, Blue Car Syndrome or not.

Here's a silly one: I noticed just now when I made my first post, it was 19 minutes after the hour.
    Haha i've just read your post, and thought oh right bit weird. Then looked at my clock to see its 19 minutes past

Traveler Glady is on a distinguished road Glady's Avatar

My name has 19 letters. There were 119 posts in this topic before I posted.
    On my way back home, I always pass by a few cars which have 19 as a number. There's also one with "GAN" and a couple with "AAA".
    On the street where I live, there are two houses with '19' as a number, even though they're on the same street and they're not even one next to the other.
    I'm quite sure there are more, but I can't remember them right now.

Traveler Zedleppelin32 is on a distinguished road Zedleppelin32's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I was at work I scanned a guys credit card and his name was Richard Flagg, I thought it was funny that his last name was Flagg. At the same time I was reading the Stand and a few days later I found out his real name in the Stand is Richard.

Traveler Fitz is on a distinguished road Fitz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zedleppelin32 View Post
    When I was at work I scanned a guys credit card and his name was Richard Flagg, I thought it was funny that his last name was Flagg. At the same time I was reading the Stand and a few days later I found out his real name in the Stand is Richard.
    Oooo spooky haha.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zedleppelin32 View Post
    That's something.
    How did he look like?

Gunslinger Apprentice Kes is on a distinguished road Kes's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As I said in my introduction...I've read MOST Stephen King and was a fan but could never quite get through the Gunslinger. Though, I did have a weird connection to the DT related books.

Well, I picked up the Gunslinger again about 90 days ago at the insistence of some friends and was hooked. I chewed through the books and went to work with the last of book seven to read this last week. Okay...I work for Amtrak, so I was reading on a train...that in itself, weird enough.

THEN, I realized that I had about 30 pages to go...but that I was going to have to wait...because it was January 18th. SO...I finished the book on January 19th.

Then, on the 19th, I'm reading "The Road to the Dark Tower" and a man at a table in the diner asks me what I'm reading. I tell him. We talk a bit about King. He tells me he's a writer and somehow we end up talking about early writings. He says, "I have something I wrote as a kid that I just can't seem to let go of. I have 19 chapters finished but then I had to stop." I say, "Whoa, wait" and tell him about "19". We both remark on how strange that is...he signs his credit card and leaves.

Well, when I pick up the slip...I see that that the total on his meal is $19.00.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    THEN, I realized that I had about 30 pages to go...but that I was going to have to wait...because it was January 18th. SO...I finished the book on January 19th.
    You totally rock.

Then, on the 19th, I'm reading "The Road to the Dark Tower" and a man at a table in the diner asks me what I'm reading. I tell him. We talk a bit about King. He tells me he's a writer and somehow we end up talking about early writings. He says, "I have something I wrote as a kid that I just can't seem to let go of. I have 19 chapters finished but then I had to stop." I say, "Whoa, wait" and tell him about "19". We both remark on how strange that is...he signs his credit card and leaves.

Well, when I pick up the slip...I see that that the total on his meal is $19.00.
    Wooow. Really touching.
    Let's hope he will start to read the DT series and he can finish his book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast