Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

We were used paperback shopping to find my roommate book 2 of TDT (mine are all in storage) and we came across a slew of Stephen King hardcovers. She didn't have any of them and a few were ones I hadn't read so we picked them up--the total??? 19 dollars. *twilight zone music*.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Ok, really happened, on the way home from work I pass a sign that indicates my town is 19 miles away, it is situated at a traffic light. This particular evening as I was looking at that sign for the millionth time I noticed there was an ambulance at the signal with me
    the number painted on the side panel? 19.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I have moved lately.
    As I was coming home from work suddenly I saw this (I stopped and I had to watch it for awhile):

Anyway the board says
    Zita
    Women Fashion

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice 3 DOORS DOWN is on a distinguished road 3 DOORS DOWN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 19

I was 19years old when i first read the gunslinger,never made the
    connection till i had finished book 7 ,what 2o or so years later.

Traveler Brian is on a distinguished road Brian's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am rereading the series for the third time now.I stopped for a few months to read other things but when I would stop reading DT it seemed that all I would see is 19 and other references from the series all the time.Only when I would start them again is when it would taper off a little.weird huh

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I almost expected your post # to add up to 19 on that one

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler MaXx Ka-Tet 19 is on a distinguished road MaXx Ka-Tet 19's Avatar

1 of my classes has 19 students in it

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Small coincidence: I've been working my roommates store a little on the side lately. Next door to it is a burnt out hull of a building that is now just a vacant lot with the front frame of the building. Yesterday I stepped through the doorway into it and looked to my right and saw a three or four foot section of what apparently used to be a mural untouched by the flames. The part that was untouched was mostly roses.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember [not specificly] when i would be reading a part in one of the books and i would have the tv on and a comercial would come on relating to what i was reading

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been waiting to see a thread like this!!
    I feel, personally, that I was going insane after starting the dt series with the amount of coincidences I noticed. Kinda like after seeing 23 haha.

But for one, I noticed I started the series on the 19th of June this year (it was a bad day, so I remember it well). Then noticed that my brother and my full names both have 19 letters each. And I swear, on the way back to school this fall I noticed street signs like "blaine lane" and stores like Cort's Furniture for the first time in two years!! Not to mention the oddest is the reoccurence of finding "delgado" in the strangest places. For example, I was moving a friend into her apartment off-campus and saw her next door neighbor's name was Sam Delgado. Crazy...I just get freaked out whenever I see that!! Of course, I know it's only happening because I'm probably unconsciously looking for it...

too bad though.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladykatherine View Post
    I feel, personally, that I was going insane after starting the dt series with the amount of coincidences I noticed. Kinda like after seeing 23 haha.

But for one, I noticed I started the series on the 19th of June this year (it was a bad day, so I remember it well). Then noticed that my brother and my full names both have 19 letters each. And I swear, on the way back to school this fall I noticed street signs like "blaine lane" and stores like Cort's Furniture for the first time in two years!! Not to mention the oddest is the reoccurence of finding "delgado" in the strangest places. For example, I was moving a friend into her apartment off-campus and saw her next door neighbor's name was Sam Delgado. Crazy...I just get freaked out whenever I see that!! Of course, I know it's only happening because I'm probably unconsciously looking for it...

too bad though.
    Why is it so bad? I would enjoy it. I mean I do whenever I meet one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Small coincidence: I've been working my roommates store a little on the side lately. Next door to it is a burnt out hull of a building that is now just a vacant lot with the front frame of the building. Yesterday I stepped through the doorway into it and looked to my right and saw a three or four foot section of what apparently used to be a mural untouched by the flames. The part that was untouched was mostly roses.
    It must have been touching. You should have taken a pic of it. Were they wild roses?

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy hoin1585 is on a distinguished road hoin1585's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My student number:81037

8+1+0+3+7=19

My birthday in 2008(The year I've finished The Dark Tower):2008/3/6

2+0+0+8+3+6=19

My member name:hoin1585(I swear that I didn't know DT when I first created the member in this name on Yahoo)

1+5+8+5=19
    LOVE + PEACE = INFORMATION

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

too bad though.

It must have been touching. You should have taken a pic of it. Were they wild roses?
    If I recall correctly they were growing in between the cracks of a stone wall in the remainder of the mural. The only thing else you could see was a tree in the background. I didn't think to take a picture.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Started reading the series at age 19. East Brookfield a town over from me has both a Blaine Ave and a Flagg Rd. Blaine Ave is only maybe 400 yards away from train tracks.

Traveler tjglos is on a distinguished road tjglos's Avatar

whilst driving home from work tonight i saw bright yellow lorry with "discordia" written in 5 foot letters down the side and back. i crapped myself. just glad it was yellow not crimson

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lame one, but I was just watching Deal Or No Deal and said to myself that the big $ was in case #19 . . . and it was!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post

too bad though.

Oh no! I meant 'too bad' as in 'too bad it was probably happening because I was forcing the coincidences'! No, I think it's really cool when it happens. Though I never around anyone that would understand why I suddenly gasp when I have a moment...hahaha!!
    Katie

Traveler BlaineTheChooChooTrain is on a distinguished road

After reading this thread I did some thinking.

The first time I read The Gunslinger I was 16 and was in the middle of what ended up being 19 days in a juvenile detention facility, for shooting out 19 street lamps (it was really 23 but I was charged with 19 (bad bad kids I know))

When I re-discovered the series I was 19, I lived in 1801 blackstone ave, zip code was 23842 (2+3+8+4+2=19).

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot after I first post here that there is a road in Brimfield, Ma named Tower Hill Rd. too.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

wow blaine, that was insane.
    (omg that rhymed! hehehe)
    but seriously...wow.
    LadyK

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the process of a re-read and just noticed one of the roads named in the book in Maine is Slab City Rd. There is a road by the same name in North Brookfield which is next to East Brookfield with the Blaine Ave and Flagg Road. Only about a half a mile from Blaine Ave.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Damned work computers don't let me see the pictures. lol

Traveler DettaDelgado is on a distinguished road DettaDelgado's Avatar

I was watching volleyball in the olympics a few months ago, and I had just downloaded the song "19" to my mp3 player. I hadn't heard the song before, I chose it for the title. When I pressed play and the song started I looked up and the score was 19:19.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

my 19th birthday was in 1991

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast