Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    hello all!
    first timer here
    i had an interesting experience last summer while reading the series...
    i drive the same route to work every day and there's a billboard on my way that changes frequently....
    on a monday morning the billboard had two revolvers on it, which would have been coincidence enough for me.
    but the next day it had changed to a real estate advert...
    the realtor's name?
    roland dean.

weeeeird. but in a good way
    Thats pretty cool.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Just Saturday, I was hoping to run into a DT friend. After e mailing him, I took exit 19 to wait for him to call me. As I turned off of exit 19, I saw a road sign for "Old Tower Rd." I thought it was pretty cool.
    Pretty damn cool coincidence there my friend.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Sardy is on a distinguished road

Default 19

Hi All--

First post, new here. I'm a long-time King fan (been reading him regularly since I was 12 years old in 1982) and have read everything he's written. Just finished Dark Tower (I'd been holding off on these till he was finished and have just spent the past few months in In- Mid- and End-World). Looking forward to some great discussions here! Feel free to visit me at: www.myspace.com/sardy

Anyway, apologies if this has been posted before (but after a search, I couldn't find it). Re: the significance of "19", I recall while reading when nineteen first began recurring to the Tet, thinking that there was a significance to the number beyond the date of King's accident and the other occurrences, that is tied much more closely to the nature of the Tower itself:

12 Guardians + 6 Beams + 1 Tower = 19

Thoughts?

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Sardy, Looking foward to getting to know you. I never thought about that to tell the truth. But you may be onto something

Traveler eldsai is on a distinguished road

Hi! this is also my first post I just finished VII today started the series about 5 months ago and I didnt want to come to any websites in case of spoilers so here I am now...

What I thought after reading...
    Spoiler:
    I think the number changes after Rolands quest each time meaning that next it will be 20 that they all see. Or you may be right about the 12 guardians 6 beams 1 tower thing we may never know for sure it could be a number of things.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

He started writting the DT when he was 19.
    It morphed into nineteen universes, or levels of The Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardy
    12 Guardians + 6 Beams + 1 Tower = 19
    19 shows up more and more as the series progresses, on road signs, in tree branches; perhaps they are goal posts to The Tower.

Enjoy the site Sardy, you won't find a more hardcore group of sane Stephen King fans anywhere. A more knowledgeable group is hard to encounter too.

Be sure to note, go through all the pages of Palaver topics looking for polls. You can easily bag 1-3k in beam bucks by voting in any and all the polls.

The Towerpedia section is a real gem..

Alex
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hadn't read this thread before now, but I just had to share what just happened. (I do have lots of other past stories I'll post here later, though. Ka has always been on overdrive w/ me.) Anyway, I went & got all the The Long Road Home comics so far a week ago, and it got me depressed that I gave up the hobby. I was thinking it's too bad that it's too late in my life to become a comic pro. Seriously was daydreaming about buying art supplies someday as I was walking here... and suddenly came on a pile of new markers, just laying by the side of the road.

As SK suggests, truth is stranger than fiction,

Quote Originally Posted by Sardy View Post
    ...12 Guardians + 6 Beams + 1 Tower = 19

Thoughts?
    Agreement. 19 is the ka of Roland's world.
    DT VI Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Mia says that there's a great demon for each beam. Anti-guardins, if you will.

If the number is 20 on the next iteration, maybe there's another portal too, or something, one more letter added to Claudia Inez Bachman, and so on. Ka.

Traveler M3talhead 8085 is on a distinguished road

*My name:
    Ian Thomas Quigley - 16 letters + 3 words = 19

*My adress:
    7 + 1 + 8 + 3 numbers = 19

*Sheba is my dog = 19 letters (i am totally serious my dog's name is sheba)

I'm sure I'll start finding others now...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by M3talhead 8085 View Post
    *Sheba is my dog = 19 letters (i am totally serious my dog's name is sheba)
    That's only 12 letters....

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothin 19 has happened to me. Or i just havent noticed. Watch, tomorrow something will happen lol.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just now:

19 members and 62 guests

are online.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

loyal follower of Tiamat kirin is on a distinguished road kirin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

19 was the number of the bus which ran one of my friends over on the 19th of the 9th 1999

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

my real name adds up to 19 (16 letters and three words)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kirin View Post
    19 was the number of the bus which ran one of my friends over on the 19th of the 9th 1999
    God... it sounds incredible. I am so sorry for your loss.

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy Truth is on a distinguished road Truth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently on 8-11 i was having bad luck all day,and had it pointed out to me by my two roommates that i was,and at nite i realized the date was august 8 2008 which is
    8-11-08
    8+11=19
    soon after i realized it was a day of 19 my luck lessened dramatically i thought it kind of weird that i would have such bad luck on a day of 19 but who knows right.

-( Does anyone now of a thread to talk about the spiritual side of DT, or a DT religious belief system.)-
    -The Cake is A LIE-
    -And Thats The Truth-

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

kirin: I hope your friend survived???

Truth: there's a number of such threads right here in Gilead, as well as in the Baronies. Look around and you'll certainly find something to your taste.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Truth, if you give us some more details (about what you are interested in) we will be able to show you interesting threads.

John F. Kennedy Truth is on a distinguished road Truth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well Jean i breifly glanced at the baronies and i mostly use Gilead and thier wasnt anything for this that i found.

Well Letti ive looked around but i was just wondering if anyone has started a thread for any real life Dark Tower related events happen to them or if anyones thought of a real life relegion or system of belief that takes from the Dt sereis itself??
    -The Cake is A LIE-
    -And Thats The Truth-

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Truth: just start it. If your thread is redundant, we'll merge it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Truth I'm am with Jean. Start it because it sounds cool and if it exists already we can merge it anytime.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    he survived he looks before crossing the road now though

Country
    Country Flag

Thank God! *feels much better*
    Has he read the series?

Country
    Country Flag

Thank God! *feels much better*
    Has he read the series?
    i know he read bag of bones which freaked him out with all its 19 references dont know about the tower books

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After I finished the series, I went to the library to return book VII. As I was walking out I noticed on a table they had a wicker basket setup with "Free Books" on a bulletin attached to it. I flipped the first book and right behind it was a faded copy of Richard Adams' "Shardik", I almost crapped my undies. I took it immediately. My ex-wife tried to throw it away a few days later when she was moving out. . . . .

. . .and there it sits to this day right next to the rest of my King books.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony_A is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

There is a house near me being sold by Beam Realty, based out of Annapolis, MD.

My grandmother was born in 1919

My mother was born on Sep. 19 (and Sept. 19 is the respond by date for my wedding).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast